DADS AND LADS 2014 ride Baviaans, Die Hel, 7 Passes, Steytlerville + a few more!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoedvark

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
John, Nox on this forum, sent me a mail a few months ago informing me that he wanted to do a ride for his dad, Royce, also Royce on this forum, as he is fighting the big "C" and Nox would like to do a ride with his dad before he gets too weak or before SWAMBO sells his bike.

The plan was to meet in Port Alfred on 19 December and then leave for Baviaans on the 20th. Do Baviaans and sleep in Makkadaat Caves. From there on the 21st we would travel to Willowmore, De Rust and on to Prince Albert via Meyrings Poort and on into Die Hel to sleep in HEll on A Sunday evening. On the 22nd we would exit Die Hel and ride Swartberg Pass to Oudtshoorn and then Montague to George (This changed slightly on the trip). We would sleep in George. On the 23rd we would ride the 7 Passes and then Kom Se Pad to Angies G Spot and on to Uniondale, Willowmore and then to Steytlerville where we would sleep in the Royal Hotel. On the 24th we had a dirt route planned towards Uitenhage and then slab it back to Port Alfred and me back to East London. This route for the day also changed slightly but more about that later.

Bikes were packed, Snorkels were tested, PAnniers fitted and important Reading Matter packed for DIE ARENDE!!!

On the 19th I eventually left East London for the first leg of the trip to Port Alfred to Royces house (Which is for Sale. Lovely holiday home for a Gangster Paradise Dog). We all arrived in PA around 4 pm.

The BLoem boys had trailered their bikes down. That was to be the first "FINE" I imposed as it is sinful to use the words TRAILER and GS in the same sentence.

A few pics of the "WEAPONS OF DIRT DISTRUCTION!"

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 631
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 611
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 610
  • w5.jpg