Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: SWAZILAND nearly gone Belly Up Badly--  (Read 5434 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
SWAZILAND nearly gone Belly Up Badly--
« on: March 18, 2015, 03:56:50 pm »
So its been a while since we have been to visit the Beautiful Country of Swaziland. I used to race there for many years and till today love the tranquility and peace of the place . The locals are also some of the nicest people one can meet--far removed from here in SA.

Swaziland has not changed much through the years and you just know you are in a different country once you cross the borders.

I have been doing a lot of riding but the normal stuff I have done over and over --No need for another RR On them --How many times can one do a RR on Lesotho Old Mill Pass -- Val --Waterberg and so on ?

1978 ---Swazi Spa 500

People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
Re: SWAZILAND nearly gone Belly Up Badly--
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:09:57 pm »
So Saturday Dakota and I got up early before the Rooster farts -2am ::) I had a biker guest staying over at my house from Mexico and he was travelling ---or rather lets say --Back packing through SA --he hitched a ride with us to Swaziland before he carried on to Maputo then Madagascar. I decided to show him the long way through Barberton and the Geo Route as well as Piggs Peak are before I dropped him off in Mbabane
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 04:13:19 pm »
Got to our Hotel fairly late and Had a hearty brekkie --got dressed and decided to --Take a casual chilled ride through the forest area and rolling hills in the nearby area --

This was not to be . A short Trip of 67km Nearly ended up in a serious situation ---But before I jump the gun --let me fill you in  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 04:17:41 pm »
I have been on a course of antibiotics 1,000mg twice a day for ten days --middle ear infection --Dakota had also been ill and before we left the hotel D went back to fetch dehydrate to put in our water --something I have never used while riding --but looking back now I am sure that it saved our bacon --

Along the route all was well and D even had time for a pose or two --what could go wrong ?
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 04:25:18 pm »
We were on top of the world and I decided we can go straight down along a goat track--What was I thinking ? I am not a Old Goat but in my head it seemed possible --so I headed off in the direction of the track leading into the trees
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 04:26:27 pm »
The easy parts --just easy enough to make one think you are going to make it
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 04:27:39 pm »
And then just over half way down things started getting out of hand --
Current Scooters --

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 04:33:29 pm »
Always been a Husky fan I see, this looks like a good one.!!!
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 04:35:42 pm »
We were tired and out of breath --left our bikes behind and tried to see where the route was heading to -- Straight down over a drop off that makes --Slide my arse pass in Lesotho look like a walk in the park --Old Mill the equivalent of the N1 Highway .
Tow Rope was to short to man handle the bikes over the cliff and our energy drained --we could hardly walk back up to where our bikes
were. After catching some of our breath and drinking the rehydrate that D loaded we decided --Back Up -- I knew that this was going to be tough as we had struggled to get where we were and taking two bikes up again through the rocks and bush was not going to be a easy task at all---With what strength we had we managed to turn D's bike facing up and how Thankful I was for a Happy Button  ::)
The Husky roared into life and I just looked through what lay ahead and Dug Deep--deeper than I have ever done in my 11 years of racing before I knew I was out to where there was some open ground again---
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 04:48:49 pm »
I killed the motor and had no strength to even put the side stand out --fell over and lay there thinking -----Kykdaar --your money is still safe --no one to take a pic of me down on the ground gathering my breath -- ;)

It was about twenty minutes later I managed to get up and move down on all fours to where my other Husky was --D was there pale as the moon-- Amazing what goes through one's mind In a situation like this --being responsible for another life and milling a million scenarios through your head about what can happen and what will one do --
We man handled the second Husky to face uphill and I thought to myself --WHAT are the chances of getting a second clean run out there --not likely -

Dug even deeper and let RIP -- rode right out to the top and again stopped --fell over and gasped for breath and somewhere in my crazy mind though --Graham Jarvis --eat your heart out  ::)

Dakota slowly go to where her Husky was --- three steps --stop --catch her breath --three steps and catch her breath ---Got her on her bike and she nearly made the last bit--except for one section I helped her --What a amazing lady guts and determination that I have seen in very few people --Well done D.
What a relief it was to eventually get to the top--knowing we were bruised but not broken and there was light at the end of the tunnel
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 04:51:54 pm »
This was --OUR Mountain to conquer --Alas 3.5 hours to do 1 kilometer -- But a lesson well learned and new gained respect for our 610 TE Huskies  ::)

Me coming down on the last easy washed out ravine to help D get her bike unstuck and she rode the rest herself -- to the top
Current Scooters --

Offline StuartC

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 04:54:11 pm »
You are getting old Michael !
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 04:58:46 pm »
The Mountain from the front --WTF was I thinking  ::)

Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 04:59:59 pm »
The best tasting cool drink In the world sold here ---
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 05:01:11 pm »
D--tired but still full of smiles and a experience never to be forgotten --

Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 05:03:23 pm »
You are getting old Michael !
Are we not all Stu -- but Hell at 61 I can still kick some serious arse

D said I can now wear my underpants on the outside as I am her --Super Hero -- ::) Told her you Don,t want to see what my underpants look like after that ride  :o
Current Scooters --

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »
Geez bru, you and Jaco in the space of two weeks each getting seriously worked over by Swaziland.

Well done to you and D for making it out OK - remind me not to go to Swaziland with you guys. I have already done vasbyt in Infantry School, no need to repeat it on a bike :biggrin:

So no photo of you taking a nap on record yet - I will still get one >:D

Just to put it in perspective for the other guys - the previous week Blazes was so sick that he could not get out of bed to join me on a ride to Sabie.

Take it easy for a while :thumleft:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 05:21:52 pm »
Geez bru, you and Jaco in the space of two weeks each getting seriously worked over by Swaziland.

Well done to you and D for making it out OK - remind me not to go to Swaziland with you guys. I have already done vasbyt in Infantry School, no need to repeat it on a bike :biggrin:

So no photo of you taking a nap on record yet - I will still get one >:D

Just to put it in perspective for the other guys - the previous week Blazes was so sick that he could not get out of bed to join me on a ride to Sabie.

Take it easy for a while :thumleft:

Thank's Boet  Will do  ::)

Current Scooters --

Offline Saddle Up

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 05:44:49 pm »
Howzit M,

Good to see you still about and well done for dragging your selfs out of that one.

Swazi is flippen awesome and that shop should be giving me discount on their Cokes by now. I strangely just pulled out of a ride that I put together for this weekend. Just wont be able to get away from work early :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 05:55:00 pm »
Hi R -- We just been riding and keeping a low profile --- Glad to hear from you --I agree Swaziland is pure magic -- So much different terrain to ride -- We need to plan a ride  and touch base again -- :thumleft:
Current Scooters --