POLAR BEAR 24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Yes we doing it again this year, long weekend 16 July , Friday 14 to Monday 17 July . Public holiday is on the Sunday. Plan is again a day trip to SANI TOP ,and second day a trip to KATSE DAM .
I was seriously keen to go ride the the passes South east of MASERU ,but time does not allow , need way more then 3 days , so will put that away for another time . We have a couple of guys keen to go , but as with all trips , closer to the date they cancel . So if you are keen to join the craze freeze your nuts off winter ride , keep tabs on the post , Last year was awesome , lesson learnt was that we need to get to the border earlier , travel speed in Lesotho is slow , 80kph average , ands with road works , with i hope has been completed that slowed us even more .
We had ice on the road to Katse that stopped progress for 2 hours , and even if we did leave earlier would have been a roadblock of note , our next days ride to Sani top was a blast , no snow or ice , just plenty sweeps and bends .
Late last year a friend and I did a Saturday ride OXBOW lodge , just for the fun , wanted to check the road to Monatsa pass , Had breakfast at Oxbow , was good and pleasantly surprized that they could accomdate us , so this could be a plan to stop there on our ride to Sani . as for Monatsa , they were still busy with roadworks , hope its done by JULY , Then we could enter there and exit at Caledons poort .
Options to be discussed closer to the trip date .
some years ago , maybe 26 ig memory serves , we were in Clarence for a similar Lesotho ride adventure , and on one day we did Clarence to MOHALE DAM , admit the road was in awesome condition, we were riding superbikes , this meant we could run at speed down to LADY BRAND , then into Lesotho , and up to the Mohale dam and back, this all in one day , not sure if we can do so again but an option .
just checked the distance and its 256ks one way , Clarence to Katse is 200ks so Mohale is doable . with options to change course and go to Semonkong lodge 280ks .
Nice riding and great option to test your winter kit preparations .
Does this sound inviting ? or not keen to freeze your balls off :ROFLMAO: