Clutch washers and rivets for the 610

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Straatkat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
It seems that there are quite a few guys wanting to replace their cush drive washers on the clutch, and as I discovered after        10 000km they are properly worn out. There was a guy in the States that made stronger replacement washers and some guys bought from him, but he no longer makes them, so, as I made my own when I needed to replace mine, I got a buddy to turn some up on his CNC lathe and I heat treated them, so now we have a local source for these vital parts for our beloved 610 Huskies.
This is a one time thing, it is not my business, just to help the guys out, so if you have a 610 and have not done the clutch washers, here is the opportunity to get some. When they are all sold there will be no more.

They are machined from drawings I made when I replaced mine some 2 years back, so they should work perfectly. We used Bohler V155 steel and they are heat treated to 48 Rockwell C. I put one in a vice and donnered it with a punch and 4pd hammer in an attempt to bend/break the lip off and after some heavy hitting the lip bent slightly, these washers are tough!
When replacing the 12 washers you are also going to need 3 rivets to rivet the assembly back together again, I had these machined also, a slight bit thicker than the ones that were in my clutch because the original ones fitted sloppily.
So I am making 12 washers and 3 rivets available to the Husketeers for R422.
If you need a set please pm me.