Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 884190 times)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #6840 on: January 29, 2019, 03:05:11 am »
US plugs always looks like a scared face to me  :imaposer:

I think they look more surprised... like "Ooh! You gonna stick THAT in me  :eek7: "    :peepwall:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #6841 on: January 29, 2019, 07:11:39 am »
 :imaposer:
Eat life!

Offline Bikerboer1973

• Groot Suzuki aanhanger maar eindig altyd op met 'n Honda!
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Darem al weer 'n Honda XL185 plaas fiets.
« Reply #6842 on: January 29, 2019, 12:59:35 pm »
Zog so what happens , seeing as you don't have a earth leakage, when you get a lightning strike? Here  on the farm if the weathers starts in Moz my earth leakage starts tripping thus protecting everything in the house.
Tans.
Honda Xl185 plaas fiets
Vrou se NC700.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6843 on: January 29, 2019, 03:07:04 pm »
We are in the deep freeze! In the news this morning:

About 250 million people -- 77% of the continental US population -- face below-freezing temperatures this week. But this isn't just a typical January cold snap. These are some of the coldest temperatures we've seen in a generation, caused by the polar vortex paying us a visit. If you're 25 or younger, "you've never felt this cold before," CNN meteorologist Tom Sater said. In the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes, temps will plunge to 20-40 degrees below zero. Wind chills will be even worse: 35-60 below. There will be blizzard conditions in some places, too. Snow is even forecast for Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. More than 3,400 flights have been cancelled. The weather has already killed two people, in Minnesota and Illinois.

Some places along the Canadian border will have -58 F (that's -50 C - stay warm and safe up there, Canadian Wild Dogs!).

Woke up a couple of hours ago and it was 3 degrees Celsius, and only getting slightly warmer today. In a couple of days we'll be back to beach weather, though.
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #6844 on: January 29, 2019, 03:23:59 pm »
It is only +35 deg C in Riversdale today. :laughing4:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #6845 on: January 29, 2019, 04:07:08 pm »
We are in the deep freeze! In the news this morning:

About 250 million people -- 77% of the continental US population -- face below-freezing temperatures this week. But this isn't just a typical January cold snap. These are some of the coldest temperatures we've seen in a generation, caused by the polar vortex paying us a visit. If you're 25 or younger, "you've never felt this cold before," CNN meteorologist Tom Sater said. In the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes, temps will plunge to 20-40 degrees below zero. Wind chills will be even worse: 35-60 below. There will be blizzard conditions in some places, too. Snow is even forecast for Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. More than 3,400 flights have been cancelled. The weather has already killed two people, in Minnesota and Illinois.

Some places along the Canadian border will have -58 F (that's -50 C - stay warm and safe up there, Canadian Wild Dogs!).

Woke up a couple of hours ago and it was 3 degrees Celsius, and only getting slightly warmer today. In a couple of days we'll be back to beach weather, though.

Watch President Carrot Top claim that this is PROOF that global warming is a myth...!  ::)
HEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6846 on: January 29, 2019, 07:36:44 pm »
He once said that global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese. Oh, don't get me started!  :dousing:
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6847 on: January 29, 2019, 08:48:43 pm »
Just saved this little guy from the dogs.

The following users thanked this post: grizz

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #6848 on: January 29, 2019, 09:03:49 pm »
Nice!
If you can appreciate the small things in live, you are a happy person!
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6849 on: January 30, 2019, 03:26:28 am »
I went out in the 3 degrees Celcius temperature and worked.

I had a job at a local Brevard County camp ground, their water supply is from a well, and the pump kicked the bucket. I ended up re-plumbing the entire pump-house. The piping had been joined and repaired so many times that it was just a total mess.

On top of that the pressure tank was also FUBAR, so I called my boss to bring me a new one (the campsite is down on the beachside, and 45 minutes from the office). I started the job at 8am, and finally finished it off at 5pm. No lunch break. Then back to the office / shop to drop off all the scrap, clean out my van for tomorrow, and do the paperwork. The bill for the job, including parts, is just over $2 500.00. Maybe I should become a plumber  :deal:  :imaposer:

Some pics of the completed job...

Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Karel84

« Reply #6850 on: January 30, 2019, 04:25:26 am »
Keep up the hard work Mr Z. It'll pay off! I'm curious to know though, have you ever heard from the old boss again?

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #6851 on: January 30, 2019, 04:33:44 am »
You will do well due to your work ethic and that neat work of yours! :thumleft:
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
« Reply #6852 on: January 30, 2019, 06:57:24 am »
I trust you are keeping a record of all this work you are doing for the boss to use in discussions on bonus and raises...
Also keep a record on the comebacks - or lack thereof.
Very neat work, Zog !

Online Skaiidawg

« Reply #6853 on: January 30, 2019, 12:52:00 pm »

I ended up re-plumbing the entire pump-house. The piping had been joined and repaired so many times that it was just a total mess.

To the right of the brown tank is a vertical pipe. Why is there 2 valves in the same line and what is the copper thingymajob between the valves?

Neat work BTW.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #6854 on: January 30, 2019, 12:54:31 pm »
Guessing an  NRV  :sip:
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

Offline CruiserBMW

• Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
« Reply #6855 on: January 30, 2019, 03:49:51 pm »
How long still before you can qualify as a plumber

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6856 on: January 31, 2019, 03:20:26 am »

I ended up re-plumbing the entire pump-house. The piping had been joined and repaired so many times that it was just a total mess.

To the right of the brown tank is a vertical pipe. Why is there 2 valves in the same line and what is the copper thingymajob between the valves?

Neat work BTW.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Thanks SD. The brown jobbie (brass) is a check valve / non return valve. The maintenance guys at the park wanted a ball valve either side of the check valve so that when the check valve "goes bad" (stops working properly) they can isolate it and replace it without issues.

Guessing an  NRV  :sip:

Good guess  :thumleft:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6857 on: January 31, 2019, 03:23:37 am »
How long still before you can qualify as a plumber

I still don't know. At least 3.5 years if I have to do the full 5 year "apprenticeship". But still trying to find out if I can get some time off that. I'm hoping to get 2 years off because of my age / experience and also because I have military experience (veterans get lots of perks in the USA) but not holding out too much hope for the latter because it wasn't in the US military.

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
« Reply #6858 on: January 31, 2019, 06:27:41 am »
When you did your military service, you were probably on the same side as the US...
Now I am not so sure.  ::)

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #6859 on: January 31, 2019, 09:32:51 pm »

Sure you didn't save him from the COLD?  ??? :o