Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 1008410 times)

Fudge, tulips and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Mrs. Zog

Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #8840 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:05 pm »
A Florida woman is facing charges after she went to a Walmart in Tampa, got items from the shelves and started making an explosive device inside the store, authorities said.

Then the woman, Emily Stallard, 37, tried to detonate it in the store Saturday, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said in a statement Tuesday.

"A security guard with Walmart noticed the woman ... roaming the aisles of the store and opening unpaid items. The items included flammable materials, projectiles and matches," the sheriff's office said.

The security guard called the sheriff's office and also notified an off-duty Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation officer who was in the store at the time. The officer and the security guard stopped her just before she lit a wick and detained her until deputies arrived, CNN affiliate WFLA reported.

Stallard had a child with her at the time of the incident, authorities said. She was arrested on charges of attempted arson of a structure, fire bombing, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, child abuse and battery on a law enforcement officer. Deputies said she spit on them while she was being arrested.

She was held on $8,500 bond, according to the affiliate. Information on her attorney was not immediately available.

:o Walmart is the one word that explains it all here...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 05:48:11 pm by Mrs. Zog »
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #8841 on: January 15, 2020, 07:19:58 pm »
Some real crazies in 'Merica huh  :eek7:
Ja/Nee

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #8842 on: January 15, 2020, 08:49:59 pm »

Walmart owns Massmart in South Africa.
They are currently closing stores that are under-performing.
Clearly they need more wierdos here to increase the turnover...   :3some:

On Monday (13 January), the Massmart Group announced a number of potential store closures and retrenchments at Dion Wired and Masscash stores as it cuts down on under-performing outlets. The group said that it recently conducted a store optimisation project that highlighted a number of under-performing stores in its portfolio.
“Consequent to this project the Massmart Group seeks to advise shareholders that Massmart has commenced, a potential store closure consultation process in terms of section 189 and section 189A of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995, as amended; with organised labour and other relevant stakeholders,” it said.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:41:56 am by Fudmucker »
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Oshkosh

« Reply #8843 on: January 17, 2020, 01:04:35 am »

Walmart owns Massmart in South Africa.
They are currently closing stores that are under-performing.
Clearly they need more wierdos here to increase the turnover...   :3some:

On Monday (13 January), the Massmart Group announced a number of potential store closures and retrenchments at Dion Wired and Masscash stores as it cuts down on under-performing outlets. The group said that it recently conducted a store optimisation project that highlighted a number of under-performing stores in its portfolio.
“Consequent to this project the Massmart Group seeks to advise shareholders that Massmart has commenced, a potential store closure consultation process in terms of section 189 and section 189A of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995, as amended; with organised labour and other relevant stakeholders,” it said.

The above comment means squat when it comes to the unions they cause as much as SH$T as they can what ever is written on there contracts mean JACK SH$T TO THEM!!  :xxbah:
2017 R1200RS SPORT F#ck Me what an Animal!
2010 R1200GS ADV "The Comfy Chair with GRUNT"(SOLD)
2012 R1200RT "The Wife's Little Tourer"

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
« Reply #8844 on: January 17, 2020, 06:42:54 am »
Osh you missed the message.
I edited it to be in bold.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #8845 on: January 18, 2020, 03:48:56 am »
Another tough 50-hour work week behind me  :biggrin:

Not too many plans for the weekend though. I want to try and give my bakkie a wash, it desperately needs it. And the grass needs some cutting too.

There is a planned SpaceX Falcon 9 launch in the morning to test the Dragon capsule escape system. They will flame out the booster rocket around 80 seconds after launch which will trigger the safety system on the crew capsule. 8 Rockets will fire and get the capsule away from the booster rocket, they are hoping that the booster rocket which will be fully fueled up will explode preventing all that fuel ending up in the ocean. The only question is if the explosion will be visible from the ground?

The rocket will already be 11 Miles high (over 17 KM!) and 2.5 miles (around 4km) out to sea when this happens. I'll be watching nonetheless, and attempting to get a video on my phone. If anything worthwhile is filmed I'll upload it to youtube and link it here for y'all  :thumleft:

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/launches-and-events/events-calendar/2020/january/rocket-launch-spacex-falcon-9-ccp-in-flight-abort-test

I'm sure that several projects and "honey-do's" will get done this weekend, lets wait and see  :peepwall:  :ricky:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #8846 on: January 18, 2020, 06:31:12 am »
I am also following news on the space X program Gary and was hoping you will update us on the events  :thumleft:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8847 on: January 18, 2020, 01:58:03 pm »
I am also following news on the space X program Gary and was hoping you will update us on the events  :thumleft:

The launch has been scrubbed. Moved to tomorrow because of strong high level wind and rough seas.
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #8848 on: January 19, 2020, 03:52:31 pm »
Sunday morning... Mr. Zog is on the way to the emergency vet with Maggie.

It's nothing serious, just an ear infection (although a pretty bad one). She's very prone to getting them, all her life. The emergency vet is the only place that's open on a Sunday, and we can't wait, she's very uncomfortable. We noticed it late last night. We always have a bottle of antibiotic ear drops on hand, but we're out right now (we squeezed out a single dose last night). It's a prescription item. So... the emergency vet it is. At least it should be "relatively" cheap. Just the exam fee and the ear drops.

Always something, isn't it.
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #8849 on: January 19, 2020, 04:40:58 pm »
That's life hey. Hope Maggie is feeling better soon. Maggie has the BEST parents  :thumleft:
Ja/Nee

The following users thanked this post: Mrs. Zog

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #8850 on: January 19, 2020, 04:42:31 pm »
That's life hey. Hope Maggie is feeling better soon. Maggie has the BEST parents  :thumleft:
Ja/Nee

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #8851 on: January 19, 2020, 09:43:57 pm »
A Florida woman is facing charges after she went to a Walmart in Tampa, got items from the shelves and started making an explosive device inside the store, authorities said.

Then the woman, Emily Stallard, 37, tried to detonate it in the store Saturday, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said in a statement Tuesday.

"A security guard with Walmart noticed the woman ... roaming the aisles of the store and opening unpaid items. The items included flammable materials, projectiles and matches," the sheriff's office said.

The security guard called the sheriff's office and also notified an off-duty Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation officer who was in the store at the time. The officer and the security guard stopped her just before she lit a wick and detained her until deputies arrived, CNN affiliate WFLA reported.

Stallard had a child with her at the time of the incident, authorities said. She was arrested on charges of attempted arson of a structure, fire bombing, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, child abuse and battery on a law enforcement officer. Deputies said she spit on them while she was being arrested.

She was held on $8,500 bond, according to the affiliate. Information on her attorney was not immediately available.

Amazing to think this woman will be released from jail for just $850 dollars  :xxbah:
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

Offline pwt

« Reply #8852 on: January 19, 2020, 10:45:19 pm »

The launch has been scrubbed. Moved to tomorrow because of strong high level wind and rough seas.

Launch eventually took place and I thoroughly enjoyed following it live on youtube, impressive is an understatement, it is just amazing to see the accuracy and preciseness of every step, the explosion was massive and must have been visible from earth

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #8853 on: January 19, 2020, 11:52:57 pm »
Unfortunately it was completely overcast this morning, we couldn't see anything.  :( We did hear the explosion!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8854 on: January 20, 2020, 02:22:13 am »
Another weekend bites the dust...  8)

Saturday I did the grass. Mowed it all, back, front, outside the fence sides and back too. Then we had a braai... Mrs Zog cooked up a pot of the pap we bought up in St Augustine a few weeks back. I made a lekker tomato & onion sous for the pap, and we braaied some more of the chops that we got from Big Oil.  :drif: Lets just say that supper was finger-licking good, I ate way too much, my belly was painfully full  :biggrin:

It was last night that we noticed Maggie pawing at her ear, shaking her head, and rubbing the side of her head on the carpet... Took a look-see inside the ear and it was nasty. As Mrs Zog said, we gave her the last dose of the drops we had.

This morning she was still looking very uncomfortable, and I took her off to the emergency vet. Relatively cheap my arse  :eek7:

I paid $170 for the consult and the tiny little bottle of ear meds. Worst of all is that I actually didn't have that amount of money, I had to borrow it from a friend. But Maggie is taken care of now, and is already feeling a bit better  :thumleft:

I didn't have much energy to do much else today, but I did tidy up the garden a bit, and I cleaned the inside of my bakkie and secured the radio properly as it was coming loose in the dash and rattling around. Something I have been meaning to do for a while now, just never got around to it. The reason it was coming loose was because the idiot that installed the radio originally (it's not a stock Ford radio) used 4 self-tapping wood screws to hold the radio into the  mounting  :dousing: It was clearly stamped into the side of the casing that it needed M5 x 8 bolts... eish. I used the correct bolts and now it's good again  8)

I was pretty bummed that we couldn't see anything of the launch today. The TV footage was spectacular. We did hear the "boom" of the Falcon 9 booster exploding though  :biggrin:

Here is a pic of Maggie enjoying her early morning ride to the vet

And earlier this week I saw this alternative take on the "Live, laugh, love" saying on the back of a real redneck truck  :imaposer:

Thanks for reading folks  :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #8855 on: January 20, 2020, 05:55:54 am »

Amazing to think this woman will be released from jail for just $850 dollars  :xxbah:

It said $8500
Ja/Nee

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #8856 on: January 20, 2020, 05:56:35 am »
Glad Maggie is getting better  :thumleft:
Ja/Nee

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #8857 on: January 20, 2020, 06:44:02 am »

It said $8500

I know that, genius, thus why I stated she can bail out of jail for just $850  :sip: 
🇺🇸🇨🇦🇩🇪🇬🇧🇿🇦

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
« Reply #8858 on: January 20, 2020, 07:29:16 am »
10% in cash, as I understand and the rest as a bond.
The rest if she doesn't appear for the hearing.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #8859 on: January 21, 2020, 09:54:38 pm »
I got an automated phone call from Florida Power & Light, advising me that they will be operating drones in our neighborhood over the next 10 days to check the power lines before the next hurricane season starts. It said for people to please not "interfere" with the drones.

Reading between the lines, what they're really saying is, "Rednecks, please don't shoot at the drones."

;D ;D ;D