Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 393667 times)

Archer and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
    • View Profile
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #4060 on: August 11, 2017, 06:43:11 am »
The best way to enjoy fishin' is with a good mate.   ;D

This is my fishin' buddy, Sam...

LIFE'S MUCH COOLER WITHOUT UNDERWEAR,
Life-long supporter of the "Free the Nipple" movement
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I'm far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline FrankyB

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 11, 2017, 07:10:35 am »
Damn pirates...  :pot:  :peepwall:  :biggrin:

That is such a coincidence....last night watched Pirates of the Caribbean with the kids and they asked me if there are modern pirates....can I tell them about Mrs Z?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tom van Brits

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 11, 2017, 11:56:08 am »
At least now you do not need to worry about running out of battery power, you can just give Mrs Zog the paddles and sit back enjoying your rum. Maybe take a little drum to play a lekker quick march rhyth because you don't want to take all day to get back home right.  :deal:

Online frankmac

• Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 11, 2017, 01:28:19 pm »
At least now you do not need to worry about running out of battery power, you can just give Mrs Zog the paddles and sit back enjoying your rum. Maybe take a little drum to play a lekker quick march rhyth because you don't want to take all day to get back home right.  :deal:

I have a sneaky suspicion that Zog would then require the services of a proctologist to remove said drumsticks 

Online Knucklhead

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • aka: Mooseknuckle/ knucky/knuckles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 11, 2017, 01:39:26 pm »

nice catch  :biggrin:

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #4065 on: August 11, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
I have a sneaky suspicion that Zog would then require the services of a proctologist to remove said drumsticks

Help reunite Mr. Zog and Little Zog for Christmas! Please consider making a donation. PM me for details or visit https://www.gofundme.com/christmas-at-disney-with-dad. Every little bit helps!

Offline zetman

• Grondpad Alie pad
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Plak n Palm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 11, 2017, 06:48:38 pm »
 :spitcoffee: :lol8: Glad you in a GOODMOOD been a long hard time for your family MR Z and Missy Pirate enjoy the weekend
Hou die Tyres op die Grondpad...

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 11, 2017, 08:48:38 pm »

nice catch  :biggrin:

:sip: Very agro, must be because of Knucklehead's picture with then nice catch.  :3some:
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 12, 2017, 03:36:25 am »

I wanna go fishing with Darcy...  :peepwall:  :lol8:

Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 13, 2017, 03:53:22 am »
Tomorrow we take the vessel out to sea.

Looking out for merchant ships and other easy pickings... heave-ho me hearties!  :biggrin:

Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 13, 2017, 04:09:28 am »
We have two mowers in the company.

The old one, that I fixed up. It wasn't running, but I got it sorted. Now it runs like a swiss watch, and mows the grass just perfectly.

So I got the job to service and repair the newer one. It's about 2,5 years old, and has never been serviced.  :eek7:  The air filter was completely clogged, and the oil was horribly black.  What is interesting is that the mowers have 725cc engines  :eek7:  that only put out 25 HP. So I guess that they should last forever.  :ricky:

I had to fit new blades a few weeks ago, because it just wasn't cutting the grass at all. So on Friday afternoon I loaded it onto the trailer abd brought it to my place. I did a full service; oil, oil filter, spark plugs x 2 (twin cylinder), air filter and new key (old key was lost, so been using truck key to start it since). The new key was a full $3 at the Home Depot!  :biggrin:

Then I cleaned off the battery terminals and gave them a smear of grease to prevent corrosion. I stuck the battery on my new CTEK charger overnight so it could get a good reconditioning. I also adjusted the level of the mower-deck. It was slanted to the left and to the front. Now it is perfectly level.  :biggrin:

I also found that the trailer's wheel bearing was completely shot. Lots of play on it. So I went out today and got two sets of wheel bearings and seals for the trailer (Boss'  trailer, not mine). Changed out the bearings and cleaned up the hubs.

I also added hydraulic fluid to the hydrostatic drive on the mower. It uses hydraulic power to turn the driven wheels...  pretty cool.

When I was done I loaded the mower back onto the trailer and returned them both to the boss' house.

On my way home I stopped off and picked up 20 lbs of wild bird seed ($6) for the bird feeder out back in the garden. Running low on squirrel feed  ::) ;D

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 13, 2017, 04:13:07 am »
Maggie was helping me in the shed today. AT one stage she was sitting on the shelf under the workbench looking for bugs of mice or squirrels or whatever  :imaposer:

She did find and kill a frog though... I bet she got it just before it was about to attack me and kill me  :peepwall: :sip: :imaposer:

Offline landieman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 13, 2017, 06:38:22 am »
workshop foreman  ;D
that twin cylinder lawn-mower must be a beast of a machine.enjoy the boating Mr Z
don't worry about things you can't change,change the things you can.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #4073 on: August 14, 2017, 02:10:57 am »
Please, the person who made the $100 donation today (Sunday), could you please send me a PM? I know you're a Wild Dog but I don't know your forum name!
Help reunite Mr. Zog and Little Zog for Christmas! Please consider making a donation. PM me for details or visit https://www.gofundme.com/christmas-at-disney-with-dad. Every little bit helps!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: August 14, 2017, 03:38:59 am »
workshop foreman  ;D
that twin cylinder lawn-mower must be a beast of a machine.enjoy the boating Mr Z

Yup, she's the foreman all right  :lol8:

Those mowers are the business. Zero-Turn, which means that you can turn in the same spot, brilliant for tight corners. This one is about the closest...

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Troy-Bilt-XP-Mustang-54-Xp-25-HP-V-Twin-Dual-Hydrostatic-54-in-Zero-Turn-Lawn-Mower/50354330

Not cheap either. But they sure make easy work of long grass.  :ricky:

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #4075 on: August 15, 2017, 01:31:32 am »
GoFundMe Update:

$1,925... this is amazing! Come on, someone push us over that edge!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:32:04 am by Mrs. Zog »

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: August 17, 2017, 12:40:02 am »
What a wonderful gift!!!

So yesterday I arrive home, and Mrs Zog gives me "one of those looks"... Like... "what did you buy now????" looks...  :peepwall:

There is a parcel for me, delivered by the post office.

Its from South Africa...

So I rip off the bubble-wrap, whilst denying having purchased anything. She's not convinced...   :bueller:

I get the box open...

WOW!!!

It's a boerie maker!!!

Sent to me as a gift by RTFM. When Mrs Zog saw what it was she admitted that RTFM had contacted her for our address etc... she kept it secret from me...

So very soon I will purchase some 1st grade ground beef and add some of my boerie spice... then I'll be "stopping my wors"  :lol8:

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!   :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:41:02 am by Mr Zog »

Offline landieman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 17, 2017, 06:03:55 am »
Fantastic!!!!!!,hopefully you can source proper lamb "derims" for the casin
don't worry about things you can't change,change the things you can.

Online Buff

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 17, 2017, 06:26:45 am »
Awesome pressie, well done RTFM, great gesture  :thumleft: Keen to see the results, but not as keen as your Jackie, check the look on her face... "Why's there no wors coming out yet Dad?"  ;D  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:29:32 am by Buff »
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline big oil

« Reply #4079 on: August 17, 2017, 06:42:29 am »

Well. I had to go for an oil change today with my Kia Rio. I had a rather unpleasant time. I had to go to the dealership to get it done to not void the warranty.

This may be the case in other countries, but this is false in the USA, because of the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act of 1975. 

A manufacturer cannot void a warranty for an owner doing their own service, unless the manufacturer offers the maintenance items (oil, air filters, oil filters, trans oil, trans filter, etc.) for free, which obviously they do not.

Example:  if Mr. Zog changes the engine oil and oil filter on your Rio and the trans, a starter, alternator, differential, or anything completely unrelated to engine oil, goes awry, obviously a manufacturer would and or could not deny your warranty. 

Let's say Mr. Zog changes the oil and oil filter and only pours 2 quarts of oil in the sump and forgets to install the remaining quarts, and a bottom end bearing goes bad, then the dealership would have to prove Zog only put 2 quarts of oil in the sump, then and only then can they can deny your warranty. 

Not sure what you're paying for a routine oil service, I'm guessing such a small 4 cylinder engine only holds 4 quarts, so Zog can probably do that service for $15 instead of I'm guessing $25-$35 at a stealership.

If you perform your own routine service, the only items manufacturers and dealerships like to see are receipts for oil n filter purchases every few months apart to align with required oil change intervals.

If a dealer ever tries to deny your warranty, your next step would be to file a complaint with your local BBB (Better Business Bureau) and file a complaint with your State's BAR (Bureau of Automotive Regulation).  Once you file a complaint, a representative will conduct and interview with the dealership with the receipts and or documents you provide them and impose a fine on the dealership if they don't comply.  This service is conducted by the BAR on your behalf free of charge.

If dealership personnel ever intimidates you by telling you they'll deny your warranty for doing your own oil changes, report them to the BAR.  Unfortunately, this is a tactic used by salesmen and service writers, especially to females, and it is wrong.  If some asshole in a dealership ever says anything about denying your warranty, look him in the eye and tell him to write down everything he just said in a signed statement so you can forward the statement to the BAR, then watch the prick squirm!!!

After reading your story about the Castrol rebate and dealership coupon, it is my theory that the service manager or service writer would have gotten his ass chewed if a customer came in for service and they only sapped 5 measly bucks from your pocketbook.  So, they created a warranty issue with your car by testing a battery that was most likely fine in order to file a warranty claim with KIA.  KIA had to pay the dealership for a battery and a technician to remove and replace said battery.  This is fraud.  If you feel like spending the time, I'd encourage you to call KIA Customer Service or draft a letter explaining your experience and loss of time/wages.  They may reprimand the dealership and send you a voucher for a free service for your trouble.  Good luck.