Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 946244 times)

tok-tokkie, Herrick and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline grizz

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ROCHERSTER, KENT
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #6880 on: February 07, 2019, 10:47:32 am »
Thank you Gary,

Flags and targets landed from Lee along with wheels she got me sent out.

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF OTHERS....

I LIVE IN ROCHESTER, KENT, UK.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #6881 on: February 08, 2019, 03:15:19 am »
Thank you Gary,

Flags and targets landed from Lee along with wheels she got me sent out.

Pleasure buddy  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline DR BIG 750

« Reply #6882 on: February 08, 2019, 05:29:59 am »
Mr Zog, is Waldo  Fl close to you, I see the the world mini des nations is held there, its is old guys on vmx 80cc,  on 1 to 3 march,  check out sunshine state vintage mx club for info, saw the pics on fb looks quite fun :thumleft:
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline silvrav

« Reply #6883 on: February 10, 2019, 10:54:57 pm »
Thanks Mr Zog! Packaged arrived safe and sound!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6884 on: February 11, 2019, 02:25:49 am »
Thanks Mr Zog! Packaged arrived safe and sound!

My pleasure silvrav  :thumleft:  :ricky:

now you just gotta hope I didn't hack your Dots so I can "control" your new home...  :pot:  :peepwall:  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6885 on: February 11, 2019, 02:50:39 am »
So I got a long weekend.

But not under the circumstances I would have liked.

I left for Lakeland just after 4am on Wednesday morning, worked two very full days of hectic physical labour, and finally got home around 8pm Thursday evening. On the drive home I started feeling a scratchiness in my throat...

I went to bed around 10pm, and woke at around midnight, freezing cold and shivering uncontrollably. It wasn't cold outside either, probably around 18 degrees C, so I got up and put on a tracksuit pants, long sleeved t-shirt, and a fleece top. Then I added a thick woollen blanket to the second duvet on the bed. I didn't get much more sleep after that, coughing up a lung, feeling like I had been hit by a bus, and constantly cold. When 6am rolled around and I was supposed to be up for work I was sitting upright in my lazy-boy just trying to stop coughing. My head felt like I was outside my body, like I had cotton-wool in my head.

There was no way I could go to work. I was close to death. You see...

I had gotten the deadly MAN FLU  :eek7:

I called in sick, and after a hot shower that finally warmed me up I went back to bed where I slept for another few hours. Around 2pm I finally managed to drag myself out of bed again, and Mrs Zog took me to the urgent care (like a MediCross back in SA). I guess I must have looked like shit, because they gave me an injection in my butt (the nurse was flippen CUTE  >:D ) and a whole bunch of good-shit drugs, including antibiotics for the cough, anti-virals for the flu, steroids for something else, and cough muti.

Back home I went back to bed and continued to suffer...  :peepwall:

Saturday morning I did feel a bit better, but because I am such an awesome guy I just had to share it with Mrs Zog.  8)   She was starting to get the same symptoms I had, so she took herself off to the urgent care before it also really hit her too bad. Obviously they didn't think she had it as badly as I did, because all they gave her was a dose of the anti-virals like I got, and some more cough muti.

See, I told you the MAN FLU was way worse than what women get :pot:  :peepwall:

Today (Sunday) I was already a lot better. The cough is controllable, and the fever and joint pain is gone, and my head is almost clear. But I have absolutely no energy. Mrs Zog is suffering quietly, but also starting to feel a bit better.

This flu is a really bad one, it has been many years since a flu flattened me like this, if ever. But tomorrow I'll be back at work, albeit requesting lighter duty for a day or two. No work, no pay. That's a bad thing. Especially when the budget is already stretched wafer thin.

I did spend some time in my workshop today, but basically just tidied up a bit, rearranged some kak, and made a back-shield for the bench grinder. And this evening I went and got us some Chinese takeout for supper, because neither of us has really eaten since Thursday, and neither felt much like cooking either. Let the MSG do it's thing  :lol8:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6886 on: February 11, 2019, 03:01:29 am »
Mr Zog, is Waldo  Fl close to you, I see the the world mini des nations is held there, its is old guys on vmx 80cc,  on 1 to 3 march,  check out sunshine state vintage mx club for info, saw the pics on fb looks quite fun :thumleft:

Waldo is around 4 hours north west of me. I googled the event up and it looks like a lot of fun, but I don't think I'm going to be able to attend unfortunately.

But definitely I would like to attend some of their events (as a spectator) after I finally manage to get my bike from wherethefuckarewe in Arizona. He was extremely kind enough to put my old XL500S into his container with all of his old bikes that he shipped over from SA a couple of months ago. Now I just need to get the time and money together to do a road trip to Arizona (around 3 days drive each way) with my truck (bakkie) so I can go get it. Right now Mrs Zog and I are looking at possibly in July or September...

Thanks for the heads-up DR BIG  :thumleft:  :ricky:

Offline silvrav

« Reply #6887 on: February 11, 2019, 03:08:40 am »
Hack away mr Zog...I can use it to get plumbing advice  :deal:

And remember, when once is sick you also have beer goggles, so that cute nurse might not have been cute  :imaposer:

Glad you feeling better  :thumleft:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #6888 on: February 11, 2019, 05:05:47 pm »
Eish, sorry to hear about the flue Zogs!!

Try to boost the immune system a bit with vitamins C and zinc

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #6889 on: February 12, 2019, 07:25:39 am »
And ginger - fresh ginger - cut a slice or two and put it in your black rooibos tea - works wonders.
Eat life!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6890 on: February 14, 2019, 02:00:32 am »
And ginger - fresh ginger - cut a slice or two and put it in your black rooibos tea - works wonders.

Ginger  :eek7:

and rooibos  :eek7:  :eek7:

Jirre people, what happened to the "proper" home remedies like "polisie koffie", hot toddies, and similar stuff?

ginga and pinkbossie will kill you man  :deal:  :pot:

The following users thanked this post: TeeJay

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6891 on: February 14, 2019, 02:02:47 am »
I'm feeling a lot better.

Still have a nasty cough, but the worst is the total lack of stamina. I feel like a flippen old fart man...  :lol8:

But getting a little stronger each day.  :thumleft:

Offline silvrav

« Reply #6892 on: February 14, 2019, 02:35:43 am »

Still have a nasty cough, but the worst is the total lack of stamina. I feel like a flippen old fart man...  :lol8:

That's not the man flu's fault  :peepwall: :imaposer:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:36:05 am by silvrav »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #6893 on: February 14, 2019, 07:56:40 am »

Gary, the answer is SPINACH, yes that green stuff, just look at Popeye.......  :peepwall:
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #6894 on: February 14, 2019, 08:03:41 am »

Ginger  :eek7:

and rooibos  :eek7:  :eek7:

Jirre people, what happened to the "proper" home remedies like "polisie koffie", hot toddies, and similar stuff?

ginga and pinkbossie will kill you man  :deal:  :pot:

:imaposer: glad you're getting better!
Eat life!

The following users thanked this post: FIXER

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #6895 on: February 14, 2019, 09:39:53 am »
Gary, the answer is SPINACH, yes that green stuff, just look at Popeye.......  :peepwall:

Are you sure that is wise? I mean those growths on his forearms can't be healthy  :deal:
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6896 on: February 15, 2019, 02:47:46 am »
I think I am getting stronger.

Today I got home after work and did the weed eating and mowed the grass before it got too dark.  :ricky:

Tomorrow is Friday, but I'm "on call" again this weekend. My colleague who was supposed to be on call got a pair of tickets to the Daytona 500, so I was asked to stand in. Maybe I can go fishing again next weekend...  :sip:

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #6897 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:09 am »
When I feel like you are feeling, I take 4-5 x 500mg Vitamin C tablets spread out during the day.
When we need it, we only absorb VitC as and it is available so one big dose won't cut it.

Get well, Zog.
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #6898 on: February 15, 2019, 06:03:07 am »
When I feel like you are feeling, I take 4-5 x 500mg Vitamin C tablets spread out during the day.

similar experience with cocaine.
if not 100% perky in the AM,  order 5 grams.
1st one cut in half.
1 line as thick like a python,  repeat in 30 mins.
spread the other 4 grams over the day.
with the python sized pick-me-uppers for brekkie you should be fine with maintenance lines for the rest of the day.
 :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: dieseldawie

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #6899 on: February 19, 2019, 07:12:02 am »
Miss your posts Mr Zog - please don't tell me you took that cocaine advice  :imaposer:
Eat life!