Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 903416 times)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #6940 on: February 27, 2019, 03:12:09 am »
Looks like you are busy at Zogsville.

Love the pics of your driver though, now if she could complete the jobs, you would have a lot more time to go fishing.

Meanwhile Maggie is thinking: "Why won't they give me the keys to this thing? I'm a responsible adult, I can TOTALLY drive this" :laughing4:

Ja, until she spots a squirrel, or a lizard, or a frog, or a bug, or smells something in the breeze... then she'll jump off, chase the critter, and the lawn tractor will plow through my new fence, or even worse, cut Mrs Zog's new plants off at grass level  :pot:  :peepwall:  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

The following users thanked this post: CraigRK

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6941 on: February 28, 2019, 01:16:40 am »
She's so smart, she'll probably use it as a battering ram and plow right through the fence toward freedom. Geronimoooooooooooo!!!!!!!  :imaposer:
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #6942 on: February 28, 2019, 07:38:21 pm »
She's so smart, she'll probably use it as a battering ram and plow right through the fence toward freedom. Geronimoooooooooooo!!!!!!!  :imaposer:

Except she'll target fixate on a squirrel and hit the tree :laughing4:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6943 on: March 01, 2019, 03:55:08 am »

Except she'll target fixate on a squirrel and hit the tree :laughing4:

Yip... women drivers   :peepwall:  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr. Python

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Carpe Canum
« Reply #6944 on: March 01, 2019, 05:26:57 pm »
RIP Mr. Zog  >:D
Life ....  when I was younger I had all these cool brave quotes and tag lines .... then life happened  ... and I have no socialialy acceptable  words 😶

Offline WheelieDog

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
  • DL650 VStrom
« Reply #6945 on: March 01, 2019, 07:44:32 pm »
So sad that this was the last post we'll ever see from Mr Zog.

I just checked on google earth and the images of Mrs Zog chasing him down were disturbing.

At least the lawn is being mowed, albeit very randomly ;)
For the love of it.

Offline Karel84

« Reply #6946 on: March 01, 2019, 08:03:21 pm »
Now he's compost under those new coconuts

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #6947 on: March 01, 2019, 10:35:01 pm »
I think he might just be getting a haircut from her.
With the ride on! :pot: :peepwall: :imaposer:
What hospital for the flowers?  :ricky:
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6948 on: March 02, 2019, 02:29:21 am »
Mr. Zog? Who?

Seriously, I do need to keep him around for a while. He does make my life easier from time to time.  :lol8:

Ok. So a week later, or thereabouts. My skin is looking amazing. It feels great, and it's repairing itself, much progress every day. The redness is pretty much gone. Still some spots, but they are disappearing. So what did I do?

Nothing. Literally. I stopped trying to fix it. I stopped putting stuff on it to make it better. I went from washing my face twice a day, followed by lotion, followed by brightening serum, followed by cream and more cream to washing only once a day (evening only) and putting three drops of a miracle product on it. That's all. Morning: rinse with cool water + 3 drops of miracle product. Evening, pH-balanced face cleanser + 3 drops of miracle product. In 5 days, an almost complete turnaround. I stopped with trying to exfoliate and scrub and overload on products. I think my skin was completely traumatized by my efforts to fix it.

Soooo... what is this miracle product of which I speak, you ask?

It is high-quality, cold-pressed, pure South African marula oil. 

That's it. I'm hooked. I shall continue this method indefinitely.  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:31:31 am by Mrs. Zog »
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6949 on: March 02, 2019, 02:44:11 am »
At least the lawn is being mowed, albeit very randomly ;)

@WheelieDog thank you, you made me laugh so hard.  :imaposer:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6950 on: March 02, 2019, 02:53:03 am »
Oh ye of little faith...  :sip:

I am the MAN in this house.  :deal:

I wear the trousers.  :deal:

I make the rules, and I break the rules.  :deal:

What I say, goes.  :deal:

Period.  :deal:

and I got HER permission to pretend it is so...  :peepwall: :biggrin:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6951 on: March 02, 2019, 03:07:31 am »
This week I installed 5 water heaters (geysers).

And my first job at 8am Monday morning is ANOTHER water heater install (I have already picked it up from the supplier, it's parked inside my garage for the weekend). I think I'm starting to get pretty good at them.  :sip:

I'm on call this weekend. But I also need to try do some more work on the fence. And I need to try and repair the water supply to the bathroom sink in the second bathroom. If I do get to it I'll take pics to show what the fuckup is...  :deal:

Tonight (actually early hours of tomorrow morning) is another rocket launch. A SpaceX Falcon 9 will take a Dragon crew capsule into space. If the test goes well, the next Dragon will take 2 live astronauts into space. Exciting stuff.  :biggrin: 

Launch window opens at 02:49 local time, that would be 09:49 Saturday morning SA time. Try to see if you can get a live view on YouTube... Should be a spectacular sight in the night sky.  :thumleft:

Ok... that's my news for today.  :ricky:

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #6952 on: March 02, 2019, 06:30:20 am »
Mr. Zog? Who?

Seriously, I do need to keep him around for a while. He does make my life easier from time to time.  :lol8:

Ok. So a week later, or thereabouts. My skin is looking amazing. It feels great, and it's repairing itself, much progress every day. The redness is pretty much gone. Still some spots, but they are disappearing. So what did I do?

Nothing. Literally. I stopped trying to fix it. I stopped putting stuff on it to make it better. I went from washing my face twice a day, followed by lotion, followed by brightening serum, followed by cream and more cream to washing only once a day (evening only) and putting three drops of a miracle product on it. That's all. Morning: rinse with cool water + 3 drops of miracle product. Evening, pH-balanced face cleanser + 3 drops of miracle product. In 5 days, an almost complete turnaround. I stopped with trying to exfoliate and scrub and overload on products. I think my skin was completely traumatized by my efforts to fix it.

That's it. I'm hooked. I shall continue this method indefinitely.  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
That is fantastic news! :thumleft:
Here is a pic of the "bossie" I told you about that is so good for cuts/bites and skin affections.
It is called Bambolia or something like that, but I cannot find the correct botanical name.
Dakar 650
SR 500

The following users thanked this post: Mrs. Zog

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #6953 on: March 02, 2019, 08:10:38 am »

You are suppose to drink this not bath in it..... :imaposer:

I am glad your skin is healing. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #6954 on: March 02, 2019, 03:44:58 pm »
Mr. Zog? Who?

Wonderful news, so glad to hear!! Sometimes, to stop stressing is half the cure, but it's difficult when you literally face the problem every day.

Also thank you for letting Mr Zog live, he does have some entertainment value... :sip:  :pot: :imaposer:

Love the Zogs  :headbang:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6955 on: March 03, 2019, 02:17:38 am »
Here is a pic of the "bossie" I told you about that is so good for cuts/bites and skin affections.
It is called Bambolia or something like that, but I cannot find the correct botanical name.

Thanks! I don't know what this is, I tried Googling it and came up blank, but I will find out, eventually! I haven't consulted my vast collection of botanical reference books yet!

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6956 on: March 03, 2019, 02:19:53 am »
You are suppose to drink this not bath in it..... :imaposer:

Oh, did I do that wrong? My bad...  :imaposer:

Nephew Zog brought me a bottle from the duty free at OR Tambo in December... maybe it'll work internally and speed up my healing. Worth a shot (or two)!  :lol8:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6957 on: March 03, 2019, 03:04:36 am »
It was moerofa hot today  :o

But I did manage to get another 4 fence posts planted and cemented in. I'll let them set overnight, tomorrow I'll start removing the old sections again, salvaging what I can from them for reuse, and building a few new sections. I'll also start really early by digging a few more holes and planting some more posts. I went to the Home Depot and bought 8 posts and 8 bags of concrete mix this morning.

But I did start a bit later than usual this morning. You see, I stayed up for the rocket launch at 02:49  :o  so I only got to bed after 3 am. This morning my motivation to get moving was pretty low.  :spitcoffee:

After getting the fence posts planted (I also removed a whole bunch of the slats today for reuse) I did the weed eating in the back yard and mowed the grass. I'll do the front yard tomorrow I think...

And that was it. That was all I managed to get done. Hopefully tomorrow I have a bit more energy.

Some pics for y'all...

1. The trees in the back yard. The tree on the left now has leaf buds all over it, I'm guessing just a few more days and it will start going green again. I need the shade in the back yard.

2 - 4. Just pics of the fence build
5. I found these little eggs on the old section of fence. I think they are from the lizards that live all over. I'll save them tomorrow, put them in a safe place where they can hatch. Maggie needs a good supply of fresh prey  :peepwall:  :imaposer:
6. Sammy came to inspect the progress.
7. I loaded the bags of concrete onto my little Red Wagon, pulled it with the lawn tractor. Much easier than carrying them by hand  :biggrin:
8. More fence building...

Offline frankmac

• Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
« Reply #6958 on: March 03, 2019, 08:14:34 am »

That is fantastic news! :thumleft:

It's Bulbinella. Very easy to grow

https://healthyliving-herbs.co.za/bulbinella/

The following users thanked this post: Oubones, Mrs. Zog

Offline WheelieDog

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
  • DL650 VStrom
« Reply #6959 on: March 03, 2019, 08:27:43 am »

Thanks! I don't know what this is, I tried Googling it and came up blank, but I will find out, eventually! I haven't consulted my vast collection of botanical reference books yet!

That plant is called Bulbine, not it's scientific name but that should help you find it. Oubones is correct in that it is a little miracle plant for skin treatment. I often pluck a leaf and rub some of the sap on mosquito bites for example. It cures the itch immediately.
For the love of it.