Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 926937 times)

Tjaart88 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #8040 on: September 16, 2019, 08:08:40 pm »
jeeez Zog those undies look like a thong..... :o :o :biggrin: :biggrin:
I did not comment but thought the same  :lol8:  :eek7:  :eek7: Jock Stap Zog
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #8041 on: September 16, 2019, 09:05:23 pm »

Die man is mos nou in florida  :peepwall:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #8042 on: September 17, 2019, 03:05:00 am »
I did not comment but thought the same  :lol8:  :eek7:  :eek7: Jock Stap Zog

They USED to be normal undies... until they were ripped apart and destroyed FUBAR  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

I must say that I got a good laugh when Maggie pulled hard against Sam and the elastic snapped and hit him in the nose....  :pot:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #8043 on: September 17, 2019, 07:02:24 am »
@Mr Zog Will you be able to watch some rugby?
@immigrant ?
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #8044 on: September 17, 2019, 07:13:29 am »

Die man is mos nou in florida  :peepwall: - A Florida man from sunny Africa is feeding his dogs thongs.... :peepwall:
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #8045 on: September 17, 2019, 07:16:31 am »
@immigrant ?
All the games Canada play will be on TV, the rest will be streaming on the TSN app
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

The following users thanked this post: Blou Zebu

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8046 on: September 18, 2019, 02:31:07 am »
@immigrant ?

I doubt it. Our cable TV doesn't carry the games, and I have no idea where I will be able to stream any games free.

Also most of the games will take place while I am at work...  :-\

I am 6 hours behind y'all at the moment  :peepwall:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:33:13 am by Mr Zog »
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #8047 on: September 18, 2019, 03:38:50 am »
@immigrant ?

I doubt it. Our cable TV doesn't carry the games, and I have no idea where I will be able to stream any games free.

SA vs nz should be 4am Saturday morning for you Mr Zog  :thumleft: I got a link that I will WhatsApp you that you can try

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8048 on: September 18, 2019, 03:56:53 am »
@immigrant ?

SA vs nz should be 4am Saturday morning for you Mr Zog  :thumleft: I got a link that I will WhatsApp you that you can try

Sounds good! Send it to my email then I can just click the link on my laptop. Do you have my email? I'll WhatsApp it to you just in case  :biggrin:

It's been a long time since I watched a rugby game. I'll set my alarm. Then at 8 I start work...  :peepwall:

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #8049 on: September 19, 2019, 12:38:32 pm »

If you have a friend in SA with DSTV you can use their log in details to stream supersport channels online.
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline GAW

« Reply #8050 on: September 19, 2019, 01:20:58 pm »
I had some problems using the app in the states

think you need a VPN to pretend you in SA - not what you usually get a VPN for  :peepwall:

If you have a friend in SA with DSTV you can use their log in details to stream supersport channels online.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:02:00 pm by GAW »

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #8051 on: September 19, 2019, 02:33:47 pm »

Is there perhaps a DOG who would be so kind as to share his credentials with me for the rugby?
+261 three four 507 nine 4 9 zero on da big whatsapp
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #8052 on: September 19, 2019, 03:36:43 pm »

Would have to be fairly close friend since you effectively gets access to their dstv account. 5 devices can be added to an account but only 2 removed every six months, so it is not a quick chop and change to remove and add devices.

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #8053 on: September 19, 2019, 04:02:43 pm »

Would have to be fairly close friend since you effectively gets access to their dstv account. 5 devices can be added to an account but only 2 removed every six months, so it is not a quick chop and change to remove and add devices.

You don't need to add a device. I use my parent's account to stream supersport via the supersport website in a browser on my pc. It redirects you to dstv now as per the link below.

https://now.dstv.com/livetv/sport
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:03:19 pm by Kortbroek »
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline windswept

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #8054 on: September 19, 2019, 07:02:12 pm »
@immigrant ?

I think more like 6am. Here in SA 12h00 or thereabouts. :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: silvrav

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8055 on: September 22, 2019, 03:01:22 am »
So I finally managed to watch SOME of the rugby this morning.

An incredibly trusting and generous WD sent me his log-in details for his DSTV jobbie. I used it and logged in, but I wasn't able to see anything. It seems that DSTV will not allow people in the USA to stream. So I thanked him, and logged out again so someone else could possibly use his extra log in. Thanks brother, truly appreciated.  :thumleft:  Pity it didn't work, I would have loved to watch Naas and the boys again take the game apart  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Then Silvrav sent me a link that I got to work on my tablet. I woke up early, and after logging into channel after channel I finally found the game! I managed to see the last 10 minutes of the first half and all of the second half. Well, mostly. Because the channel kept buffering and cutting out and kicking me out. Apparently Japan had satellite issues or something? Anyways, it was good to watch the Boks play again after 3.5 years, even though they lost. Huimwee…

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8056 on: September 22, 2019, 03:31:55 am »
So last week the boss bought another Nissan van.

It's an older one than mine, and it has just a shade under 220 000 Miles on the clock. The outside is good, no crashes, but it had some issues; the drivers window didn't work, and the back of the van was pretty badly beat up, dented, scratched, dirty as all heck.

So this last week the new guy and I have been using any free time (usually after work) to get it sorted out. We took a wire brush on a angle grinder to the rust and cleaned I up as best as we could, then used a "rust converter" to treat what was left. It apparently turns rust back into steel or some-such witchcraft... then we painted on a self-etching primer, and finally a white top-coat. The floor of the van we painted with a rubberizing paint, similar to a bakkie liner.

I ordered a new mechanism for the driver's electric window. After stripping it out we found that the retaining bolts had come loose with the result that the metal parts had bent out of shape and jammed solid. The motor still worked fine. The mechanism arrived Thursday, and I collected it from the spares shop, and that evening we installed it. Now the window works perfectly again.

So the boss also wanted it fitted out just like I fitted mine out. The plan was to bring the van to my house Saturday morning where I had all the necessary tools and stuff and get it done. So after the rugby was done I had a quick shower and opened up the workshop. Rick (the new guy) arrived dead on time at 8:30 and we got to work. I had already planned out how we would build the wooden shelving for the plastic parts bins, how we would cut the sheets of plywood for minimum wastage. I had also already written out a "shopping list" of stuff we needed from Home Depot, so we got into the "new" van and headed over to Home Depot.

We bought the supplies we needed, and took them back to my place. The first order of the day was to make hardboard side panels for the inside of the van. I had some left-overs lying around taking up space in my shed, so instead f buying more we used them. First pic is of Rick attaching the completed panels to the side of the van. These will stop stuff from falling down into the sides of the van and getting lost for ever.

Then we gave the panels a good coating of the left over rubberizing to protect them from splashes and the odd washing of the inside of the van.

Next up was to build the shelves. I had worked out that with careful cutting we would only need two sheets of plywood for the entire shelf. Both sides, and all 11 shelves... At $35 per sheet that saved the boss a bit of cash. I used my new workbench to help build the shelves, it was a good baptism for it. I found one or two small issues that I need to address, but nothing major. Just some fine-tuning  :biggrin:

After completing the shelves we installed them, and then re-installed the original steel shelves back on the left side. But instead of plastic grommets and kak we used proper bolts and Nyloc nuts so that they would be stronger and not rattle or come loose. Finally we installed a single sheet of OSB plywood on the floor to absorb the daily bumps and scratches etc. It's just wedged in with a couple of cut-outs where it fits under the wooden shelf so that it can't slide or move, but makes it easily removeable when it gets worn out. Replacement will be easy too, and the sheet of 9mm OSB was only $8. Cheap way to protect the rubberizing and the floor.

We were finally done at 5:30, and Rick left. I had a quick shower because I had been sweating a lot and I was dirty, then I poured a lekker brannewyn & coke and relaxed.  8)

Tomorrow I have all the normal chores to do, like mowing the grass and weed eating, cleaning up and tidying the workshop, cleaning the house, phoning my mom and my son in SA, and a few other "honey-do's" that I'm sure Mrs Zog has in store for me. Typical Sunday... Lekker  :ricky:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #8057 on: September 22, 2019, 05:39:40 am »
That van looks the business!!  :thumleft:

Online Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #8058 on: September 22, 2019, 07:12:32 am »
Great work, Mr Zog... you could do fitting out of vans as a side-line !  :thumleft:

So who gets to benefit from your handiwork - Boss Man or New Guy?  :sip:
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Pumbaa

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • Africa Cycle Tours
« Reply #8059 on: September 22, 2019, 07:44:10 am »
So I finally managed to watch SOME of the rugby this morning.

An incredibly trusting and generous WD sent me his log-in details for his DSTV jobbie. I used it and logged in, but I wasn't able to see anything. It seems that DSTV will not allow people in the USA to stream. So I thanked him, and logged out again so someone else could possibly use his extra log in. Thanks brother, truly appreciated.  :thumleft:  Pity it didn't work, I would have loved to watch Naas and the boys again take the game apart  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Then Silvrav sent me a link that I got to work on my tablet. I woke up early, and after logging into channel after channel I finally found the game! I managed to see the last 10 minutes of the first half and all of the second half. Well, mostly. Because the channel kept buffering and cutting out and kicking me out. Apparently Japan had satellite issues or something? Anyways, it was good to watch the Boks play again after 3.5 years, even though they lost. Huimwee…
Download the app 'UK TV and Radio'. You can watch the games on there. I did it yesterday from my phone and it worked well.

The games are shown on ITV. There is also an ITV +1, incase you can only watch an hour later.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Africa Cycle Tours - Offering supported bicycle tours