Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wilddog in bike accident......anyone know him?  (Read 19078 times)

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
Re: Wilddog in bike accident......anyone know him?
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2016, 02:36:20 pm »
Daar is blykbaar n wit golf wat almal teroriseer in die kaap ... vra maar vir Grrr... Carrots ens ... blykbaar gee die ou jou n gap en dan kom hy vir jou ... en nee dit is nie n grap nie ... dit is ook nie oordat dit n wit golf is nie ... dit is oor die twatwaffle in die golf  >:(

Dis eintlik 'n Ford Focus ST  :P

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »
Get well soon HM! Glad to hear the injuries are not life threatening.

Offline spoedvark

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2016, 03:02:21 pm »
Get well soon Heavy Metal. Hope you up and about shortly.

Hope the twatwaffle can be found. SOME MOTHERS CHILDREN!!!!

Never nice to read of a fellow dog down! Especially one who rides 2SD's favorite brand and model!

SPOED  :snorting:

Go Big!
or
Go Home!!!!
Previous bikes:
Yamaha XS 400 Special Kawasaki ZX 10 Yamaha XT 550 BMW 650 GS BMW 1200 GS KEEP THE RUBBER DUSTY!!!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2016, 04:01:21 pm »
Good to hear thats he is going to be alright! Did they get the details if the idiot who was responsible for this?

Hi Famous Farmer, no they didn't get a plate but hopefully one of the many cameras on that road did...

I have never seen a camera on that road, except for the one that took the photos on this thread.

Offline Moonhicken

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2016, 04:47:27 pm »
Good to hear thats he is going to be alright! Did they get the details if the idiot who was responsible for this?

Hi Famous Farmer, no they didn't get a plate but hopefully one of the many cameras on that road did...

I have never seen a camera on that road, except for the one that took the photos on this thread.
There were some emergency patrol people at the accident scene who said that road was full of video cameras (no speed cameras) apparently to patrol trucks...they said they would look and see if they could find the person on tape. (Another fellow WD was at the scene later to pick up the bike and he spoke to them)
Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2016, 06:11:19 pm »

It was Heavy Metal that was in the accident. He overtook a car that had had moved into the left of the lane.

Ja unfortunately that happens far too often but we should remember that there could have been something in the emergency lane that forced the car back into the main lane and Heavy Metal could've been in the blind spot.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation.
However, leaving the scene of an accident you were involved in is not only suspicious and immoral, it's also illegal.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2016, 08:36:53 pm »
I was in the cage once Between Bloemfontein and Colesberg, I searched for something in the cubby hole. I slightly went into the yellow lane. Cager behind me thought I was making a gap for him and started overtaking me. We both got a fright when I went back into my lane without realizing he was trying to overtake me.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2016, 10:04:22 pm »
I was in the cage once Between Bloemfontein and Colesberg, I searched for something in the cubby hole. I slightly went into the yellow lane. Cager behind me thought I was making a gap for him and started overtaking me. We both got a fright when I went back into my lane without realizing he was trying to overtake me.

Jy moet daai zols uitlos... Sleg vir die environment

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2016, 10:23:07 pm »

Jy moet daai zols uitlos... Sleg vir die environment

Veral die environment om jou longe.

Offline Dirkie GS

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Met gees
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2016, 10:29:18 pm »
Hi there

It was Heavy Metal that was in the accident. He overtook a car that had had moved into the left of the lane. The driver then deliberately swerved right again, pushing him into oncoming traffic. He then hit an oncoming car. This is what all the witnesses say happened.
All Heavy Metal knew was that he was on the bike at one moment and rolling around on tar, for what felt like forever, the next.

The car that pushed him into the right lane slowed down but then sped off again.

Heavy Metal in is in hospital...and very eina. Lots of small breaks and fractures but nothing too serious.

His knee clearly has a huge hole in it, which was operated on this morning, but it wasn't broken.

His wrist however is broken, along with his pinkie finger and small toe.

Lucky for him the surgeon cleaned out all his wounds while he was under general anaesthetic today. Shame he is in a lot of bloody pain but at least they are keeping him dosed up.

What's amazing is all the support that was received from people that stopped at the scene. It's so refreshing to experience some of the good that's in the world!

I will pass on everyone's well wishes!

Thanks guys.

You are in our prayers Heavy Metal, Hope you have a full recovery and get wheels again and be riding soon!
Hope they get that person!!! :angryfire: :director:
keep calm and trust in God

Offline Dries Bike

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2016, 08:13:28 am »
 :biggrin:
Guys, before I recommend 2, no make that 3 spoons[dessert] of cement without water, could I remind you of all the threads and even complaints on here about riders, especially the GS1200 ones, lane-splitting too fast.
Let me also remind you that the top selling bikes are fast, heavy machines. People do not buy them to stick to the speed limit.

Now tell me wrong thread. etc, but I also feel for the rider because I have been there a good many times in my life.

Are we going to just carry on riding bigger and heavier bikes, and then cry like this when it goes pear-shaped?

Nie kak styl nie, sien eerder n waarskuwing in my posts en ry binne jul perke. Die groot fiets mane jaag.

I'm not sure how you know that this accident would not have happened if the guy was on a smaller bike, but whatever......
With a smaller bike the car would have hit him from behind  go to slow ,ja Im only 62 now and will buy a smaller slower bike when I get old

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2016, 08:46:01 am »
Ouch, hope he heals OK.
Strongs!
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline Kameel

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2016, 08:52:18 am »
Hi there

It was Heavy Metal that was in the accident. He overtook a car that had had moved into the left of the lane. The driver then deliberately swerved right again, pushing him into oncoming traffic. He then hit an oncoming car. This is what all the witnesses say happened.
All Heavy Metal knew was that he was on the bike at one moment and rolling around on tar, for what felt like forever, the next.

The car that pushed him into the right lane slowed down but then sped off again.

Heavy Metal in is in hospital...and very eina. Lots of small breaks and fractures but nothing too serious.

His knee clearly has a huge hole in it, which was operated on this morning, but it wasn't broken.

Lucky for him the surgeon cleaned out all his wounds while he was under general anaesthetic today. Shame he is in a lot of bloody pain but at least they are keeping him dosed up.

What's amazing is all the support that was received from people that stopped at the scene. It's so refreshing to experience some of the good that's in the world!

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the update Cindy. Hope Hein heals quickly.
Any further feedback?  :sip:

2004 F650 GS Dakar (The X); 2004 BMW R1200 GS (GeelKameel); 2008 F650GS Twin (The X); 2008 BMW R1200GS (Silwervalk vir Biker Chick); 2009 BMW R1200GS (Pappa Smurf);
Currently 2010 BMW R1200 GSA (Mr Grey)

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2016, 10:25:46 am »
Thats a rough one. Heal up quick and guys be careful out there.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Baches

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2016, 07:50:02 pm »
Sterkte Heavy Metal.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere
Yamaha YZ 450 F
KTM 690 Enduro R

Offline Oulouis

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »
Spoedige herstel.  Ek is vandag op die N2 Kaapstad se rigting by die bakkie verby wat die bike agterop gehad het.  Dit lyk hectic!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2016, 08:39:49 pm »
Hope you heal soon .ouch

just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline MooseRider

• Bike: Yamaha XT 600 Z
  • Stofpad langs
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2016, 09:19:58 pm »
Sterkte Heavy Metal
Laat waai Meraai
As jy dom is moet jy leer!!!
Yamaha DT 125 Enduro (Sold)
Suzuki GT 200X5 (Stolen)
Yamaha XT 600 Z Tenere (Sold)

Offline silvrav

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2016, 06:37:06 am »
Anyone have an update for us of his condition?

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2016, 07:13:40 am »
Hi there

Thanks guys.

Sterkte vir hom Moonie en groete vir julle. Hoop hy word mooi gesond
Heimer

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.