Passion to Live

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CARLOS

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Not really a ride report on DS bikes - however I thought I should share this with the group. I have 700km's on my KTM 250 xcw with 23 hours on the engine, it still give me pleasure to wash and polish it.

Went riding on Sunday with 3 other guys, happened to be in front in an area called Bridgemead, which is part of Port Elizabeth which in the old days was the thin bush line between the suburbs. Bit now is excellent riding area. Zooting up rocky hills and riding through river beds. We tried to get up valley between two mountains but got to overgrown, so I decided to take the group up the back of the mountain which got rockier and steeper.

I went over a couple of rocks and front end got stuck under a boulder...my crotch area stopped me going over the handle bars...I lost the passion to live and dropped my bike...onto a rock which didn't get out of the way..result squashed in radiator and broken shroud plus dented exhaust. Luckily fluid intact, so made the rest of the ride. Still talking like a girl :D