Why not get a plastic bike and have some fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splash

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
Why not get a plastic bike and have some fun! Little did I know how much work such an exercise would entail. So bike acquired, trailer bought from Bamba (plug) and a whole new set of kit from Full Throttle (another plug) I was ready, well, at least I would look the part. Now were to ride, well why not De Wildt. Always wanted to see what the fuss is about. Found a web side with a newbie ride listed, so a ride was organised â?? www.grootkak.com or www.muddx.co.za. I only got to ride my plastic bike once before the said date arrive, but what the hell, nothing like a little pressure. So off I was on Saturday morning to Morula Sun. Things did not start off well as my GPS was not behaving. I did have good directions from Steve and survived the township. All ready to go and we left just after 9:00am, not a small group of around 28 riders down the tar road from the hotel. Two stroke smoke everywhere. The group was behaving rather unbelievably well. The ride went around the water tower, or at least one of them on a very small rocky path â?? the day was going to be fun. At one of the stops, I managed to do my normal party trick and fall over, for which I did win the most spectacular fall prize. I was then given a lecture on the power of the â??forceâ?, gyroscopic force, and that it does not operate at a standstill, no matter what bike one is riding. I did have a few moments during the day and managed to do some trail blazing. We got to see the Tree, well looked like any other tree to me. It was off to coconuts. I had survived so far so why not try this little challenge. I unfortunately did not get too far, I would say near the top but was a bit off that. It was my bikes fault. I learnt another lesson, how to make tea. Rather worrying having boiling water straying around ones nether regions. I took this as a sign not try my luck any further. A topic which I have heard a few times then came up. My bike is too big for me. Well, I cannot help it I am so small. Anyway, it is what I have. I have launched it a few times unintentionally but I still do like my bike, hope this relationship lasts though. So then it was off to get some liquid refreshment. Quarts were the order of the day. I kept to coke. We were not that keen to get back onto bikes. I bike being towed went past up. Had a problem at Jerico. Back at the hotel another bike also came in towed. What are these people doing to their bikes? Off to the river bed â?? this was fun and I think everyone had a great time. We then had to make our way to the hotel (rock paths), but with a hotdog waiting and waiters serving drinks â?? doubles became the order of choice. It was a tremendous days outing and a little more challenging than I had every imagined. The ride on a difficulty level was given a 2 out of 10. I need to get some more saddle time. Just on that topic I thought it would not be a bad idea to play a little more the next day on an enduro track and in a quarry. As if I had not had enough. I am writing this with a stick in my mouth as I cannot lift my arms anymore. Anyone for a ride this weekend? My bike is available!!!

Attachments

• DeWildtCoconuts2.JPG
    DeWildtCoconuts2.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DeWildtFinish2.JPG
    DeWildtFinish2.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 215
  • DeWildtGroup.JPG
    DeWildtGroup.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 209
  • DeWildtMuddx2.JPG
    DeWildtMuddx2.JPG