Leo finds Marico Mampoer - not!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Things at the office has been pretty hectic the last few days with our financial year closing end of Jun, and just before one could think to take a break, the new FY was here with bigger, better and improved targets.

This rat race has been interfering with my riding, so on Thursday Excalibur and I decided to hit the road for the weekend just to get away from it all. Excalibur suggested Groot Marico, so I plotted a quick route with lotsa dirt and before yo9u could say Nice, all were in place. Nino and Wade were joining, so Saturday morning at 09 am I found myself waiting at Pinehaven Sasol for the rest of the crowd. Needless to say, some was late, in fact very late, so we eventually got going at 10 am with Nino excusing himself as he had a bit of a belter on Friday night and was taking strain.

Nice fast roads made for lotsa fun
Marico.jpg

Winter means the roads are generally in a fair to good condition, with some sections becoming sandy, but generally making for good travelling speed.

A quick stop for a smoke break somewhere on the way to Boons

Marico2.jpg

Marico3.jpg

Marico4.jpg

A quick stop in Koster to buy meat, etc saw us pulling in at the local golf club to celebrate the boks victory over the all blacks. This was around 1 pm and some of the people in the pub had been there for the game earlier the morning and were in a very joyful mood â?? sorry they were actually very drunk. One little pettit, cute blond headed girly, turning 22 on Wednesday was getting lotsa attention, till her uncle pulled in and removed her from the hands of the paedophiles who was giving her all the attention she couldnâ??t manage. Well I guess that was the excitement for the month on Koster, so we decided to continue on our journey.

Not a state of the art clubhouse, but I suppose if you wanna have a drink, any old place will do

Marico5.jpg

I called Nino, and explained to him that his excuse was in-excusable, and that I was expecting to see him in Marico. As he had to come all the way from Jhb and we were almost at our destination, we decided to make a few stops in order to arrive in Marico, more or less the same time he was.
This farmer has got a few harleyâ??s that he use for ploughing

Marico6.jpg

The Kittenâ??s pub looked interesting and it certainly was worth the stop

Marico7.jpg

Built in the shape of a castle, this was a nice stop

Marico8.jpg

Marico9.jpg

The pub is decorated in medieval style â?? something different

Marico10.jpg

View from the top

Marico11.jpg

â?¦â?¦â?¦while the dog, â??Lipstickâ? was showing me the pozzy down by the river

Marico12.jpg

These impromptu stops ensured took us to a few interesting spots, and when we finally turned upo at the Marico Hotel, Nino was calling me from the garage up the road. A few cokes, some ice and by 5 pm we were setting up camp next to the Marico dam, while enjoying a cold one.

Marico13.jpg

Excalibur watering the sign board

Marico14.jpg

Stop for coke and ice

Marico15.jpg

Marico16.jpg

â?¦â?¦â?¦ainâ??t she a beaut ?

Marico17.jpg

Impressive view right nexto the dam

Marico18.jpg

Marico19.jpg

Pour host Hansie, spose it must be Hans, who provided table, chairs, wood, braaier and a grid.

Marico20.jpg

Nino pouring a cold one, while we fired up a moerse big log to last us the night

Marico21.jpg

Marico22.jpg

Needles to say lotas kark was spoken, many laughs laughed and on Sunday morning all we had to show was for some an almost empty gifkan, and for others just a bad taste in the mouth.

Marico23.jpg

Marico24.jpg

Hansie our host directed us to a place on top of the mountain from where we could check out the entire dam, so we popped up there, had a few peeps and hit the road back to home.

Marico24.jpg

Marico25.jpg

Thereâ??s a man made cave up on the mountain where ancient bushmen paintings can be viewed, complete with beds, basin and braai place.

Marico26.jpg

Marico27.jpg

Marico28.jpg

Marico29.jpg

The bustling metropolis of Swartruggens with online bike shop

Marico30.jpg

Apart from the mother of all roadblocks on the N14 highway, the return journey was pretty uneventful, and by 2 pm I was watching Me Dani Predosa needing a gynaecologist after he fell his punjabie off.

��.Show us your forum sticker

Marico31.jpg

Thanks for the trip Excalibur, was nice to get the geraas outta the pip.  :3some:

Also Nino and Wade for all the kark that was spoken and lotsa laughter.  :imaposer: