Bundu Bash 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
Bundu Bash is an annual ride in Pietermaritzburg that has been going every year for the past 12 years or so. It was started by a bunch of mates who did a yearly fun ride on dirt bikes from somewhere in Maritzburg out to a destination somewhere in the sticks, with the route differing every year and being as off-road as possible. Since its early days it has grown a fair bit and is now open to anyone who is keen that owns a bike and has a sense of humour.

For my sins I have been roped in to do the route for the past few years. This entails quite a bit of work, but I love it.

This year the destination was Lilani Hot Springs near Kranskop. The route I decided on started at the Pmb MotoCross Track, went over the Duzi River, up past Bishopstowe, through a nice technical single track downhill section, along the banks of the Duzi until Geoff's road, then up into Table Mountain, where we stopped at Ngobo's Store for refreshments.From there, past Nagle Dam, over the Umgeni River into the Mqeku Valley, up the pass and through the canelands to Fawn Leas where fuel and a visit to the Fawn Leas Hotel pub was in order. From there, down into the Umvoti valley and eventually arrive at lilani at 16h30.

Not sure exactly how many riders turned up, but we reckon about 50, ranging in age from about 14 to 60 and in bike size from 100cc to 1190.

Attachments

• BB01.jpg
    BB01.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 429
  • Bundu Bash 7.jpg
    Bundu Bash 7.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 427