Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Asshole Bikers in traffic  (Read 4900 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Asshole Bikers in traffic
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 01:04:32 pm »
We bikers have been our own worst enemies since I can remember.

I am not a biker Bru.......  I rode a BM

:laughing4:

Of course, I excluded old fart fuddy duddy types like yourself and myself others.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 01:22:46 pm »
We bikers have been our own worst enemies since I can remember.

I am not a biker Bru.......  I rode a BM

:laughing4:

Of course, I excluded old fart fuddy duddy types like yourself and myself others.

J ajaja..  Foik jou man  :imaposer: :imaposer:
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline JohnB

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2017, 01:45:15 pm »
Agree but somec cagers close the gap (some intentional and some not - cough couhh phones cough cough) and these are the real twasshole.
Lets no even start with the guys on cell phones WTF has all the new cars got bluetooth ???

Kan nie facebook via Bluetooth nie  :xxbah:

This morning a lady driving next to me was applying make-up and texting. Phone in the one hand and some tool in the other  :patch: Moerse gap tussen haar en die karre voor haar
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline McSack

• Hairy-arsed throttle-slinging
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 03:59:41 pm »
If you are a twasshole you stay a twasshole regardless of the mode of transport you use.
Exactly!! Going and buying a GS1200 is not going to make you a better person.

On Fridays you see more okes that are not completely comfortable on their bikes on the N1. I think they ride to work once a week.

It did for me  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Older does not equal better Drol  8)
~ Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself ~

• Forum Whore
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 04:27:39 pm »
If you are a twasshole you stay a twasshole regardless of the mode of transport you use.
Exactly!! Going and buying a GS1200 is not going to make you a better person.

On Fridays you see more okes that are not completely comfortable on their bikes on the N1. I think they ride to work once a week.

It did for me  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Older does not equal better Drol  8)

In your case not. I have pics of you standing on the bar singing Impi at the top of your lungs with your knob hanging out
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »
Everybody always attacks the taxi's for there driving habits ,I think some bikers are worse !!!

btw, I find taxis in Pta are pretty considerate to bikers in getting out the way and letting them pass etc.
yip, I have the least hassles with taxis and where I can, I give them a gap when needed and greet them at the robot when parked next to one

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2017, 05:14:36 pm »
Jip had a guy on a 1200GS come passed me this morning in the rain on the highway at over a 140km/h. Later found the same twatt at the garage filling up.....but the best is he was riding on Nobbly tyres........

The only issue I see here is he went 20km/h over the speed limit, which is wrong but man...i've better start to check my riding again....
Ive also  got knobbly tires, filled up at a petrol station before and i've even ridden in the rain a few times. Hell...i've even overtaken a few other bikes in my time.

:ricky:

commuting with knobblies on wet Gauteng highways in peak time, is one thing I would not do ::)

Online Vintage_Mania

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 05:35:22 pm »

commuting with knobblies on wet Gauteng highways in peak time, is one thing I would not do ::)

And hopefully he was not lane splitting @ 140km/h......
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline locknut24

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 06:02:26 pm »
I ride daily in jhb traffic and sometimes cringe at how some of my fellow riders/motorists behave in traffic.
Please remember cars do have blind spots, many drivers are 'asleep',  many drivers 'run their businesses' from their phones in their cars, a hands-free kit in a car is probably just as bad as holding the bloody device in their hand, etc.
Anyway, bikers in general have got more to lose than the sardine can drivers , while riding i have to look out for every single unpredictable 'box' in a car, why then make my life even more complicated / dangerous / stressful by picking an argument with a moron.....
Be grateful you get home in one piece and safely, eveyday.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 07:18:38 pm »
Everybody always attacks the taxi's for there driving habits ,I think some bikers are worse !!!

btw, I find taxis in Pta are pretty considerate to bikers in getting out the way and letting them pass etc.
yip, I have the least hassles with taxis and where I can, I give them a gap when needed and greet them at the robot when parked next to one

+1
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 07:20:10 pm »

And hopefully he was not lane splitting @ 140km/h......

There lies the problem.   A biker scoots down the highway at 140, on knobblies, a cage moves slightly in the lane, the biker crashes and everyone poops themselves because of the arsehole cager.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2017, 08:34:07 pm »
this threads title is only missing BMW in it. in fact that thread exists.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline Tarmac Terrorist

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 09:30:56 pm »
Jip had a guy on a 1200GS come passed me this morning in the rain on the hiway at over a 140km/h. Later found the same twatt at the garage filling up.....but the best is he was riding on Nobbly tyres........

Why do you hate knobblies?  Because you are a Tarmac Terrorist?

Nope, but Knobblies is not meant for WET roads  >:D

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 10:12:59 pm »

please tone your comments Re BMW down? I doubt if we can handle another majority freaking out debate for being victimised  ;) :biggrin:

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 07:32:59 am »

please tone your comments Re BMW down? I doubt if we can handle another majority freaking out debate for being victimised  ;)

Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

• Forum Whore
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 07:43:01 am »

That is just plain racist and so politically incorrect its just not funny :pot: :peepwall:
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 07:58:26 am »

I fully agree, Poffmuis.  :thumleft:
I commute daily into the centre of Pretoria and have a new understanding of the minibus taxi driver.
I think of them as motorcycles and what they do in traffic is no different to what we do.
They also change lanes often, squeeze into gaps, etc.
I always try to ride where I can see cage drivers faces in their mirrors.
Taxis know exactly where I am relative to their vehicle. 
They ALWAYS make space for me (unless they are getting change for a R100 from the taxi next to them)
and I always wave thank you.

If I end up at the traffic lights next to them, they are friendly and all say want a ride on the GS.
When I ask if they have a helmet they grin sheepishly and say they will come talk to me when they get one.
Then the light goes green and I out-accelerate them off the line.

They are also just trying to do a high-stress job under trying circumstances...

As for the bikers on the N1+M1, I think anyone riding a full-kit GSA in traffic is lacking in forethought.
BMW's are wide to begin with.
Adding extra hard storage space they are not using at that moment just makes it more stressful for the rider and other road users.

Mostly I find the aggro in Sportsbikers disturbing. 
They really have a death wish - filtering through traffic crawling at 40-50km/hr as they try to maintain 120+ between the third and fourth lanes.
I restfully ride in the first lane with the trucks and the merging traffic and ride at traffic speed +20.
I find there is always a suitable gap in the second lane when I need to go around a truck or slow merging vehicle.
I may get there 3 minutes slower than the superbiker, but I bet I am far more relaxed when I do...
and I am riding legally, with nobody trying to block me or hoot at me.
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 08:09:25 am »

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2017, 09:03:29 am »
Jip had a guy on a 1200GS come passed me this morning in the rain on the hiway at over a 140km/h. Later found the same twatt at the garage filling up.....but the best is he was riding on Nobbly tyres........

Why do you hate knobblies?  Because you are a Tarmac Terrorist?

Nope, but Knobblies is not meant for WET roads  >:D

If it was in fact fitted to a 1200GS, it will work perfectly well on wet tar roads.  Maybe not wet DIRT roads so much.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2017, 09:53:57 am »

I fully agree, Poffmuis.  :thumleft:
I commute daily into the centre of Pretoria and have a new understanding of the minibus taxi driver.
I think of them as motorcycles and what they do in traffic is no different to what we do.
They also change lanes often, squeeze into gaps, etc.
I always try to ride where I can see cage drivers faces in their mirrors.
Taxis know exactly where I am relative to their vehicle. 
They ALWAYS make space for me (unless they are getting change for a R100 from the taxi next to them)
and I always wave thank you.

If I end up at the traffic lights next to them, they are friendly and all say want a ride on the GS.
When I ask if they have a helmet they grin sheepishly and say they will come talk to me when they get one.
Then the light goes green and I out-accelerate them off the line.

They are also just trying to do a high-stress job under trying circumstances...

As for the bikers on the N1+M1, I think anyone riding a full-kit GSA in traffic is lacking in forethought.
BMW's are wide to begin with.
Adding extra hard storage space they are not using at that moment just makes it more stressful for the rider and other road users.

Mostly I find the aggro in Sportsbikers disturbing. 
They really have a death wish - filtering through traffic crawling at 40-50km/hr as they try to maintain 120+ between the third and fourth lanes.
I restfully ride in the first lane with the trucks and the merging traffic and ride at traffic speed +20.
I find there is always a suitable gap in the second lane when I need to go around a truck or slow merging vehicle.
I may get there 3 minutes slower than the superbiker, but I bet I am far more relaxed when I do...
and I am riding legally, with nobody trying to block me or hoot at me.

+1.  Wells aid, especially on the taxis.

I do differ a bit on the sport bikers.  In general, yes, you are 100% correct, but I also see DS riders and others, even scooters, doing amazingly dangerous and stupid things in traffic.  Also the aggression toward  other road users, including bikers when they are in a hurry is amazing!   
#33 #BRADICAL!