Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Asshole Bikers in traffic  (Read 4902 times)

Offline krister

Re: Asshole Bikers in traffic
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2017, 11:18:07 am »
 :sip:
Previous Bikes: Suzuki TS50ER; Suzuki GS1000G; Kawasaki Z1000; Yamaha XT500; BMW F650GS; BMW R1150GS; BMW R1200GS Adventure; BMW R1200GS

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2017, 02:28:06 pm »
Jip had a guy on a 1200GS come passed me this morning in the rain on the hiway at over a 140km/h. Later found the same twatt at the garage filling up.....but the best is he was riding on Nobbly tyres........

Why do you hate knobblies?  Because you are a Tarmac Terrorist?

Nope, but Knobblies is not meant for WET roads  >:D

If it was in fact fitted to a 1200GS, it will work perfectly well on wet tar roads.  Maybe not wet DIRT roads so much.

Exactly.
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »
There's a thread in You MA!!! about a scooter rider (with video) being a total asshole in traffic, and it's attracted a small handfull of responses.

Unlike here, where response #1 brings forth that hated brand name and immediately launches a flood of 'brand/asshole" responses  :deal:

Wild Dogs eh?...............
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

Still Here - amazed and lucky.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 07:52:42 am »
Na Jaybiker, youre sensitive. They´re probably just jealous ;)

And Jou Ma is the wrong place for that thread - Hardcore DS riders dont post in the Jou Ma section ;) :laughing7:

I ride daily in jhb traffic and sometimes cringe at how some of my fellow riders/motorists behave in traffic.
Please remember cars do have blind spots, many drivers are 'asleep',  many drivers 'run their businesses' from their phones in their cars, a hands-free kit in a car is probably just as bad as holding the bloody device in their hand, etc.
Anyway, bikers in general have got more to lose than the sardine can drivers , while riding i have to look out for every single unpredictable 'box' in a car, why then make my life even more complicated / dangerous / stressful by picking an argument with a moron.....
Be grateful you get home in one piece and safely, eveyday.

Nice post locknut. :thumleft:

What amazes me is this South African attitude of a rider /driver seeing someone driving like an idiot, and then the rider will slow out and shake his head or gesticulate wildly...as if the other person is now going to suddenly change their behavior "having being taught a lesson".

It might be right, but its so arrogant.

Invariably, this leads to some sort of altercation and both parties end up being more pissed off, stressed out and quite often vindictive as a result. I think we need to realize that we can't change the world, certainly not one by one.

If you´re one of those that does  "correct bad driving behavior", perhaps just take a deep breath and ignore the idiot for a change. Smile and wave if you have to do something. I found it to be quite liberating.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:55:36 am by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Lommies

• Bike: Honda XR600
  • Sometimes aka Lommies
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 01:11:57 pm »

What amazes me is this South African attitude of a rider /driver seeing someone driving like an idiot, and then the rider will slow out and shake his head or gesticulate wildly...as if the other person is now going to suddenly change their behavior "having being taught a lesson".

Invariably, this leads to some sort of altercation and both parties end up being more pissed off, stressed out and quite often vindictive as a result. I think we need to realize that we can't change the world, certainly not one by one.

If you´re one of those that does  "correct bad driving behavior", perhaps just take a deep breath and ignore the idiot for a change. Smile and wave if you have to do something. I found it to be quite liberating.

oops  ::)

I hooted at the asshole in a bm  >:D when he drifted nearly into me
I opted to shake my head rather than kick his mirror
hope thats ok with you BB  :thumleft:

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 01:14:58 pm »
I wear a MX helmet, so they cant see me smiling.  I think a single middle finger is the universally accepted equivalent of a smile.

Joking

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 01:15:51 pm »

I like to shake my head in disgust! But it has got forkoil to do with "correcting bad driving". I would just like my fellow road users to know my thoughts. I wave a thanks if somebody gives me space, I indicate with a finger if I want to let you know you can come over in front of me or a thumbs up if another road user waves or smiles. And I shake my head if you are riding/driving like an idiot!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2017, 01:19:29 pm »
Jip had a guy on a 1200GS come passed me this morning in the rain on the hiway at over a 140km/h. Later found the same twatt at the garage filling up.....but the best is he was riding on Nobbly tyres........

Why do you hate knobblies?  Because you are a Tarmac Terrorist?

Nope, but Knobblies is not meant for WET roads  >:D

There is this arsehole on my commute everyday that rides a rally kitted bike on knobblies, without atgatt and he gives motorists and other bikers the finger. Oh wait, that's me
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:27:21 pm by Dwerg »
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2017, 02:27:39 pm »

oops  ::)

I hooted at the asshole in a bm  >:D when he drifted nearly into me
I opted to shake my head rather than kick his mirror
hope thats ok with you BB  :thumleft:

Yeah that's fine.  :imaposer:

Sorry I did not mean to come accross like a twat, but I did.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Beebop

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2017, 02:40:01 pm »
If you look at some of the youtube clips, we are mild compared to the Americans.
They lose their cool when someone cuts 100 meters in front of them, and then
they have to look for a cop to complain to.
In the end we are so few on the road, and we get a bad rep because of
a handful who believe we should be given special treatment by motorists.

Offline Marbroza

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2017, 02:48:11 pm »
You gotta get the views, But still need to do it safely. Crashes bring youtube money
Im scared of dirt

Offline hugh101

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 10:13:48 am »
Just saw a oke on a poegie going crazy on a motorist, ripping the guys keys from ignition..........
Now that motorist will see every bikers as a target.....
I think bikers forget that riding is dangerous!!!!!!!!! If you are not willing to accept the risk that any moment could be your last and ride
defensively you should not ride.
It is pointless shouting and going crazy at motorist.....The only person who is gonna get hurt in a crash is the biker......you cannot shout from your coffin.....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:14:17 am by hugh101 »
"a wise man has money in his head but not in his heart"-Johnathan Swift
Bmw 1150 GSA
Bmw  RnineT
Honda CTX 200 bushlander "bosbulletjie" sold
F 650 gs

Offline bronzy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2017, 01:15:18 pm »
very ugly bike accident in Durban this morning
anybody got more details ??

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2017, 07:46:03 pm »
If you look at some of the youtube clips, we are mild compared to the Americans.
They lose their cool when someone cuts 100 meters in front of them, and then
they have to look for a cop to complain to.
In the end we are so few on the road, and we get a bad rep because of
a handful who believe we should be given special treatment by motorists.

Have to agree regarding the Americans.... follow a few biking channels and the Yanks flip royally out for the smallest transgression. Half the time it is the guy on the bikes fault (...usually riding to fast...) and then go mental. Not always mind you, but you get twats everywhere. Even here....  ;)

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 08:12:08 pm »
BUT...we don't live in 'Merica, do we?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2017, 08:15:25 pm »
BUT...we don't live in 'Merica, do we?

I rest my case.

Not always mind you, but you get twats everywhere. Even here....  ;)

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2017, 06:33:59 am »
Perhaps we should all just chill a little...

If we ride less aggressively and more politely, we may find less people raging at us.
This is what I found with the taxis with whom I have to share the roads of inner Pretoria.
By positioning myself where they can see me in their mirrors, I find they are mostly cooperative in making way.
If they don't, merely putting on high beam where I am squeezed between them
is sufficient to have them notice me and turn away to make place.

A cheerful wave thanking them works far better than an aggressive hoot or finger.
It also calms me down and makes my commute far more pleasant.
Try it.  ;D
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2017, 06:46:53 am »
I'm still happier commuting with the car.....

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2017, 06:58:08 am »

Come now...lets not kid ourselves  ;)
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2017, 07:01:07 am »

Come now...lets not kid ourselves  ;)

:lol8:

Seriously, I'm too stressed to commute the Ben Schoeman every day, which makes it totally unenjoyable. Plus I get so much smiles from the Scooby.

Give me breakaways and weekends on the boney and I'm happy.