Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: K51 suspension on K50....?  (Read 186 times)

Online charliepappa

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Life's a ride!
    • View Profile
K51 suspension on K50....?
« on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:13 am »
I REALLY love the GS Rallye, but the only thing I really want is the higher / more travel on the suspension. And I can't justify to upgrade for +-R80k just for that.  :eek7:

Now my question is: Will a K51 (GSA) suspension fit on a K50 to get the desired effect? And how easy will it be to retro fit? 

Thanks!  :thumleft:
R1100S Sport, R1200GS Adventure, R1100S Boxer Cup, F650GS, KTM 950 SE, R1200GS LC

Offline Omninorm

• View Profile
Re: K51 suspension on K50....?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:27:08 pm »
Probably possible. But I'm not sure the cost and effort will be worth it...remember that R80K (where do you get that figure from?) plus also buys you the new gearbox, quickshifter as standard, warranty, new bike etc etc. It's not just R80K for the shocks :)
I'd hang tight till you can find a demo / pre owned then trade it in.
But I'm all for trying new stuff that have not bee done before...so if you do ....  :thumleft:

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
The brand is not important, the fact that you ride is.
BMW 1200GS LC Trophy. Yamaha WR250F

Online katana

• Sheer Smiling Pleasure
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:40:18 am »
I have no experience with the LC, but I spent 20k on Wilbers a while back in stead of trading my bike in. I got way more value doing that.
"The only man that has to remember anything, is the man who tells a lie" Mark Twain

Offline detour

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 06:52:41 am »
I REALLY love the GS Rallye, but the only thing I really want is the higher / more travel on the suspension. And I can't justify to upgrade for +-R80k just for that.  :eek7:

Now my question is: Will a K51 (GSA) suspension fit on a K50 to get the desired effect? And how easy will it be to retro fit? 

Thanks!  :thumleft:

It fits. You'll just have to get the ESA paired with your bike at BMW.
You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do ~ Henry Ford

Offline Omninorm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:17:18 am »
I have no experience with the LC, but I spent 20k on Wilbers a while back in stead of trading my bike in. I got way more value doing that.

Yeah but that's because you fitted Wilbers  :thumleft:
Much better option than to try fitting the K51 suspension to the K50. I'm imagining the K51 suspension wouldn't be cheap.

Good to see it fits though.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:19:22 am by Omninorm »

Online katana

• Sheer Smiling Pleasure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 07:02:29 am »

Much better option than to try fitting the K51 suspension to the K50. I'm imagining the K51 suspension wouldn't be cheap.

The main thing is that it is tailored suspension.
"The only man that has to remember anything, is the man who tells a lie" Mark Twain

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 07:14:33 am »
It has been done. Leonard who owns a online bike salvage or some such company has done it on a blue LC. People that has joined him on some tough rides says its very impressive.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Online meurig

• Bike: BMW (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:46:45 am »

The main thing is that it is tailored suspension.

Would think this is a better investment for ridimg enjoyment

Online charliepappa

• Life's a ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:15:06 am »

I can get one for R8,500, just need someone (probably BMW) to install it and "code" it for me...

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:20:12 am by charliepappa »
R1100S Sport, R1200GS Adventure, R1100S Boxer Cup, F650GS, KTM 950 SE, R1200GS LC

Offline BlingKing

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Bling King for Quality Suspension & Accessories!
    • View Profile
    • BLING KING MOTORCYCLES
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 11:06:52 am »
I have just had the second LC in with suspension failure (in this case the ESA motor) so already that is starting to happen.
You can swap the K51 for the K50 - it does fit, it will have be re-calibrated at the dealership because the ECU thinks there is a some Xenophobic activity in the house!
However:..........

Having just shopped extensively for second hand LC shocks - they are not an easy find - they are pricey second hand (around R10-12K)  but that's because they are really crazy priced new (R39K) This is because you cannot buy it in kit form (i.e. just the ESA motor/shock/rebound actuator) it is the whole shock or nada.
N.B. please don't take the cheap seat route of replacing just the rear or front shock only - you will upset the whole geometry and rake and trail of the bike and make it handle badly.

If you replace the crappy standard suspension with the Wilbers, you won't have to worry about the height as the performance of the shock is way better than the standard and the spring rate and internal shim package is designed around your/your pillions/your luggage weights, plus your ride style. Plus WILBERS is the only suspension solution that works in conjunction with the BMW Dynamic ESA package so you will have all the original settings with the same buttons. Only now you will have the additional advantage of being able to adjust the compression and rebound damping rate - which is what causes the original shock to be so yuck  if you try riding it hard.
This exercise will cost you around the 20K mark, but you will have way better suspension, like WAAAAYYYYYY better!

Please have a look at the data sheet attached to give you an idea how the WILBERS system works.

WILBERS DYNAMIC WESA SYSTEM EXPLAINED

With the huge growth in the market of the WILBERS Suspension WESA system, Customers and Dealers alike are asking for the product by name after seeing the proud owners of the awesome system at functions like the Bike Fest, Africa Bike Week and the BMW GS Eco Challenge.
To help ease your mind with what sounds like a really complicated and expensive system, I thought I would put finger to keyboard and give you good people a detailed description of the WILBERS WESA suspension. This should put your mind at ease so you can order this awesome solution with confidence!!
At Bling King we believe that you should never mess with what we term the “Big 5” – Skills and Training, Rider Gear, Tyres, Brakes and Suspension. These are all safety critical items and should never be comprised on!
WILBERS Suspension Solutions has been going in Germany for now over 31 years and they specialize in producing personalized suspension solutions for their customers as opposed to a mass produced shock that is supposed to work for everybody. To put this into perspective how could you expect the same ‘off the shelf’ shock absorber to be an effective solution for me at 82 Kgs and Joe Bloggs at 120 Kgs – it just can’t work for both of us!
WILBERS decided to rather hand-build tailor made shocks for the customers at their factory in Noordhorn Germany. Rather building them to the customers weight and ride style – this ensures that they get the right fix for their bike!
Then came along the now famous BMW Gelande-Strasse, which has virtually taken over the World in terms of motorcycle prowess! Only one problem – the vertically challenged amongst us couldn’t ride them because the GS was simply too tall for the average “kort gat”
Not a problem said Benny Wilbers, they had been supplying lowering solutions for all makes of bikes for eons already – so they started to produce reduced length shocks for the front and rear of the ever popular GS range. Then the R&D wizards at BMW AG came up with their next triumph – the ESA system – which, let’s face it is an awesome system. It did have its pitfalls for the more “hard core” riders amongst as the suspension was really built for the ‘average” rider. It really felt like it was under duress on technical sections, under heavy load and on routes such as the RED ROUTE. But in truth for the average rider that just does ‘dirt highways’ the new ESA shocks really did the job.

WILBERS, as part of their ongoing R&D program immediately saw the need for a solution in the areas that the OEM ESA system lacked, namely the height factor for the ‘vertically challenged’ and the quality level for the hard core tar and dirt riders. Their WILBERS WESA system was a major breakthrough for riders and Motorrad Dealers worldwide, as it was putting new riders onto the GS’s who previously couldn’t fit onto them. Problem was – it was never available in S.A until BLING KING was appointed official Importer, Dealer and Service Centre for S.A. at the end of 2009.
In order to qualify as an official Service Centre, BLING KING’s owner - Denver Biggs had to go over to Germany to the WILBERS factory for an intensive training program, where he expanded his race gained experience in the world of suspension. But more to the point – the fitting of the WESA system and WIBERS S.A. was born as part of BLING KING Motorcycle Accessories.
Then the next progression was the BMW LC (Liquid Cooled) version of the awesome GS. This new model come with all types of advancements in terms of electronics, part of these innovations was its ‘Dynamic’ suspension system from ZF.
Whilst innovative and awesome, the system has weak points. It is designed to dynamically change the preload and rebound rate hydraulically depending on the terrain that the average rider encounters……..did I hear average? Yes, once again, if you are riding outside the norm like we do in this country, then you will find the system somewhat lacking. The rate of feedback is too slow for the terrain and as a lot of hard riders are reporting “wooden” or “lack of feel” when riding the LC really hard in technical conditions. Not a problem for WILBERS, as they had gained huge experience with the Dynamic package on the HP4 (remember WILBERS runs BMW AG’s IDM SUPERBIKE race team in the German Series) The HP4 whilst being a road bike – has the same inner workings as the LC suspension.
However, WILBERS had to come up with something special to fix what was lacking in the original system. They used their on-track experience and developed the integrated feedback adjustment. This changed the whole system and now the rider can set his own individual feel of how the shock needs to work whether in off-road or sportive setup!  With the newly developed feedback adjustment on the compression reservoir you decide for yourself how strong the feedback of your suspension elements is going to be. You can reach the maximum comfort (original BMW) in the soft-adjustment setting. 
22 click adjustments on the canister enables you to increase the feedback step by step providing you with more feel for the surface conditions! The feedback adjustment also offers considerably more reserves for off-road-riding without losing comfort or response behavior
The WESA Dynamic Feedback is, as usual, built individually referring to riders´ weight, loading situation and operation purpose. It does not matter if you weight 50, 80, 100 or 120 kg, if you are riding with additional loads such as passenger or luggage – we only need to have the right information so that we can fulfill your special wishes and pick the right spring rate and internal shim stack accordingly to increase your riding safety!
WILBERS DYNAMIC WESA comes in various forms, for the R1200GS LC ESA model it has two varieties:
Normal Height (the same as the OEM system) then 35mm and 70mm Lowering                                                                                             
For the R1200GS LC Adventure ESA model it also has four slightly different versions:
Normal Height (the same as the OEM system) then 35mm, 55mm Lowering and 80mm Lowering
As an example – I am 172cm (5’8” in old speak) and I have lowered a customer’s 2014 R1200GS LC Adventure by 55mm lowering and I literally sit flat-footed on this bike with a standard saddle, so even if you are shorter than that, you can still fit on an Adventure with only 50mm lowering with a lowered seat added.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

The beauty of the WILBERS WESA system is the fact that it works totally in harmony with the BMW CANBUS and all aspects of the OEM ESA system are retained.
The GS/GSA ESA front and rear shocks comprise of: The Hydraulic Pre-Load pump, the shock strut, the shock spring and the rebound damping actuator at the bottom of the shock. With the WILBERS WESA solution the shock assembly is dismantled, the shock strut/damper and the spring are replaced with new tailor made WILBERS units. The great part of this conversion is that the original BMW Hydraulic pre-load pump and the rebound damping actuator are used in conjunction with the WILBERS shock strut and spring. This means that the original functionality through the ESA handlebar switch is retained and the WILBERS WESA is not intrusive to areas such as the CANBUS wiring etc, which would render the BMW Warranty null and void!
What you are left with is an ESA bike with superior suspension capabilities that is actually hand built to your weight and height and has all the original ESA functionality – only one thing to add, the smile factor when you take your bike for a ride! Your Enduro Pro mode can now be used to its fullest extent, where before you would have suffered weave and twitch in fast bends and turns.
A concern that a lot have is the diminished ground clearance that lowering the suspension will create, bear in mind that this is compensated by the fact that the suspension is now of a far better standard and the sag and compression damping is a lot better!
Again a live example is that I rode “ORANGE ROUTE 3” at the GS Eco Challenge and those that know me know that I don't ride softly and even in those hectic conditions (up mountainsides and a lot of rock crossings) my Adventure barely even scraped the sump guard – and finished the route without any damage to the bike!
THE PROCESS
Once you have determined which WILBERS WESA solution will suit you (and by all means please phone if you need further advice) then you simply fill in the attached ‘Shock order fact sheet’ – e mail that to me, pay your 50% deposit and we will order the shocks from Germany.
The order takes only 3 weeks to build in Germany and once the shocks arrive I inform you and then you can have the original shocks removed, either at your local BMW Dealer. Or you can bring the whole motorcycle to our Service Centre at 27B River Road, Rivonia Jhb. We then replace the BMW struts and springs with the awesome WILBERS WESA As a side note, everybody who has had their bike lowered with the Wilbers WESA process has been managed to sell their bike on the first day of advertising – goes to show.
If you get the job done by a BMW Dealer, he simply sends us the shocks; side and main stands and we will do the conversion and return to him for re-fitting
PLEASE NOTE: - Since the bike is now lower the side stand and the main stand will have to be cut, shortened and re-welded, this is not a problem as we have a fully qualified and competent engineering shop who has done many of these stand conversions for us. We also powder coat the stands to return them to that original factory finish.

Online charliepappa

• Life's a ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 11:33:29 am »
Thanks for info, it's much appreciated.

Please correct me if I missed it, but it only states "lowering" of the suspension and what I'm looking for is lifting the K50 suspension with (at least) 20mm to the K51 / new Rallye spec.

Is this possible with WILBERS?

Thanks!

Offline Omninorm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 12:32:45 pm »
I have just had the second LC in with suspension failure (in this case the ESA motor) so already that is starting to happen.
You can swap the K51 for the K50 - it does fit, it will have be re-calibrated at the dealership because the ECU thinks there is a some Xenophobic activity in the house!

Having just shopped extensively for second hand LC shocks - they are not an easy find - they are pricey second hand (around R10-12K)  but that's because they are really crazy priced new (R39K) This is because you cannot buy it in kit form (i.e. just the ESA motor/shock/rebound actuator) it is the whole shock or nada.
N.B. please don't take the cheap seat route of replacing just the rear or front shock only - you will upset the whole geometry and rake and trail of the bike and make it handle badly.

If you replace the crappy standard suspension with the Wilbers, you won't have to worry about the height as the performance of the shock is way better than the standard and the spring rate and internal shim package is designed around your/your pillions/your luggage weights, plus your ride style. Plus WILBERS is the only suspension solution that works in conjunction with the BMW Dynamic ESA package so you will have all the original settings with the same buttons. Only now you will have the additional advantage of being able to adjust the compression and rebound damping rate - which is what causes the original shock to be so yuck  if you try riding it hard.
This exercise will cost you around the 20K mark, but you will have way better suspension, like WAAAAYYYYYY better!

Please have a look at the data sheet attached to give you an idea how the WILBERS system works.

With the huge growth in the market of the WILBERS Suspension WESA system, Customers and Dealers alike are asking for the product by name after seeing the proud owners of the awesome system at functions like the Bike Fest, Africa Bike Week and the BMW GS Eco Challenge.
To help ease your mind with what sounds like a really complicated and expensive system, I thought I would put finger to keyboard and give you good people a detailed description of the WILBERS WESA suspension. This should put your mind at ease so you can order this awesome solution with confidence!!
At Bling King we believe that you should never mess with what we term the “Big 5” – Skills and Training, Rider Gear, Tyres, Brakes and Suspension. These are all safety critical items and should never be comprised on!
WILBERS Suspension Solutions has been going in Germany for now over 31 years and they specialize in producing personalized suspension solutions for their customers as opposed to a mass produced shock that is supposed to work for everybody. To put this into perspective how could you expect the same ‘off the shelf’ shock absorber to be an effective solution for me at 82 Kgs and Joe Bloggs at 120 Kgs – it just can’t work for both of us!
WILBERS decided to rather hand-build tailor made shocks for the customers at their factory in Noordhorn Germany. Rather building them to the customers weight and ride style – this ensures that they get the right fix for their bike!
Then came along the now famous BMW Gelande-Strasse, which has virtually taken over the World in terms of motorcycle prowess! Only one problem – the vertically challenged amongst us couldn’t ride them because the GS was simply too tall for the average “kort gat”
Not a problem said Benny Wilbers, they had been supplying lowering solutions for all makes of bikes for eons already – so they started to produce reduced length shocks for the front and rear of the ever popular GS range. Then the R&D wizards at BMW AG came up with their next triumph – the ESA system – which, let’s face it is an awesome system. It did have its pitfalls for the more “hard core” riders amongst as the suspension was really built for the ‘average” rider. It really felt like it was under duress on technical sections, under heavy load and on routes such as the RED ROUTE. But in truth for the average rider that just does ‘dirt highways’ the new ESA shocks really did the job.

WILBERS, as part of their ongoing R&D program immediately saw the need for a solution in the areas that the OEM ESA system lacked, namely the height factor for the ‘vertically challenged’ and the quality level for the hard core tar and dirt riders. Their WILBERS WESA system was a major breakthrough for riders and Motorrad Dealers worldwide, as it was putting new riders onto the GS’s who previously couldn’t fit onto them. Problem was – it was never available in S.A until BLING KING was appointed official Importer, Dealer and Service Centre for S.A. at the end of 2009.
In order to qualify as an official Service Centre, BLING KING’s owner - Denver Biggs had to go over to Germany to the WILBERS factory for an intensive training program, where he expanded his race gained experience in the world of suspension. But more to the point – the fitting of the WESA system and WIBERS S.A. was born as part of BLING KING Motorcycle Accessories.
Then the next progression was the BMW LC (Liquid Cooled) version of the awesome GS. This new model come with all types of advancements in terms of electronics, part of these innovations was its ‘Dynamic’ suspension system from ZF.
Whilst innovative and awesome, the system has weak points. It is designed to dynamically change the preload and rebound rate hydraulically depending on the terrain that the average rider encounters……..did I hear average? Yes, once again, if you are riding outside the norm like we do in this country, then you will find the system somewhat lacking. The rate of feedback is too slow for the terrain and as a lot of hard riders are reporting “wooden” or “lack of feel” when riding the LC really hard in technical conditions. Not a problem for WILBERS, as they had gained huge experience with the Dynamic package on the HP4 (remember WILBERS runs BMW AG’s IDM SUPERBIKE race team in the German Series) The HP4 whilst being a road bike – has the same inner workings as the LC suspension.
However, WILBERS had to come up with something special to fix what was lacking in the original system. They used their on-track experience and developed the integrated feedback adjustment. This changed the whole system and now the rider can set his own individual feel of how the shock needs to work whether in off-road or sportive setup!  With the newly developed feedback adjustment on the compression reservoir you decide for yourself how strong the feedback of your suspension elements is going to be. You can reach the maximum comfort (original BMW) in the soft-adjustment setting. 
22 click adjustments on the canister enables you to increase the feedback step by step providing you with more feel for the surface conditions! The feedback adjustment also offers considerably more reserves for off-road-riding without losing comfort or response behavior
The WESA Dynamic Feedback is, as usual, built individually referring to riders´ weight, loading situation and operation purpose. It does not matter if you weight 50, 80, 100 or 120 kg, if you are riding with additional loads such as passenger or luggage – we only need to have the right information so that we can fulfill your special wishes and pick the right spring rate and internal shim stack accordingly to increase your riding safety!
WILBERS DYNAMIC WESA comes in various forms, for the R1200GS LC ESA model it has two varieties:
For the R1200GS LC Adventure ESA model it also has four slightly different versions:
Normal Height (the same as the OEM system) then 35mm, 55mm Lowering and 80mm Lowering
As an example – I am 172cm (5’8” in old speak) and I have lowered a customer’s 2014 R1200GS LC Adventure by 55mm lowering and I literally sit flat-footed on this bike with a standard saddle, so even if you are shorter than that, you can still fit on an Adventure with only 50mm lowering with a lowered seat added.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

The beauty of the WILBERS WESA system is the fact that it works totally in harmony with the BMW CANBUS and all aspects of the OEM ESA system are retained.
The GS/GSA ESA front and rear shocks comprise of: The Hydraulic Pre-Load pump, the shock strut, the shock spring and the rebound damping actuator at the bottom of the shock. With the WILBERS WESA solution the shock assembly is dismantled, the shock strut/damper and the spring are replaced with new tailor made WILBERS units. The great part of this conversion is that the original BMW Hydraulic pre-load pump and the rebound damping actuator are used in conjunction with the WILBERS shock strut and spring. This means that the original functionality through the ESA handlebar switch is retained and the WILBERS WESA is not intrusive to areas such as the CANBUS wiring etc, which would render the BMW Warranty null and void!
What you are left with is an ESA bike with superior suspension capabilities that is actually hand built to your weight and height and has all the original ESA functionality – only one thing to add, the smile factor when you take your bike for a ride! Your Enduro Pro mode can now be used to its fullest extent, where before you would have suffered weave and twitch in fast bends and turns.
A concern that a lot have is the diminished ground clearance that lowering the suspension will create, bear in mind that this is compensated by the fact that the suspension is now of a far better standard and the sag and compression damping is a lot better!
Again a live example is that I rode “ORANGE ROUTE 3” at the GS Eco Challenge and those that know me know that I don't ride softly and even in those hectic conditions (up mountainsides and a lot of rock crossings) my Adventure barely even scraped the sump guard – and finished the route without any damage to the bike!
THE PROCESS
Once you have determined which WILBERS WESA solution will suit you (and by all means please phone if you need further advice) then you simply fill in the attached ‘Shock order fact sheet’ – e mail that to me, pay your 50% deposit and we will order the shocks from Germany.
The order takes only 3 weeks to build in Germany and once the shocks arrive I inform you and then you can have the original shocks removed, either at your local BMW Dealer. Or you can bring the whole motorcycle to our Service Centre at 27B River Road, Rivonia Jhb. We then replace the BMW struts and springs with the awesome WILBERS WESA As a side note, everybody who has had their bike lowered with the Wilbers WESA process has been managed to sell their bike on the first day of advertising – goes to show.
If you get the job done by a BMW Dealer, he simply sends us the shocks; side and main stands and we will do the conversion and return to him for re-fitting
PLEASE NOTE: - Since the bike is now lower the side stand and the main stand will have to be cut, shortened and re-welded, this is not a problem as we have a fully qualified and competent engineering shop who has done many of these stand conversions for us. We also powder coat the stands to return them to that original factory finish.

Great info.

but.....

what about those of us that didn't want the ESA stuff.....and only has the regular shocks - aka Trophy Edition.
Cost and options?

Offline BlingKing

• View Profile
    • BLING KING MOTORCYCLES
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 12:38:36 pm »
Thanks for info, it's much appreciated.

Please correct me if I missed it, but it only states "lowering" of the suspension and what I'm looking for is lifting the K50 suspension with (at least) 20mm to the K51 / new Rallye spec.

Is this possible with WILBERS?

Thanks!

It comes in standard height plus lowering.
Because of the configuration of the Dynamic ESA system you cannot do like we used to with the AC models and replace the GS with the GSA shocks so you are stuck with the same height that you have now.
However because of the superior performance of the WILBERS shocks, the clearance that you are looking for is no longer required as the shocks perform better under compression so they won't bottom out (especially with the heavier riders and those that overland pack their bikes) Remember when we get the WILBERS built in Germany it s built to your weight and ride style - so the springs and internal shim stack is built to those specs.

Online charliepappa

• Life's a ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 01:08:46 pm »
Thanks again for the info! :thumleft:

Offline BLK

• View Profile
    • Bruce Kendall & Ass
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 01:27:10 pm »
John Harris who won the GS Trophy last year changed his std gs shocks to the ADV shocks and then had the elect sorted by BMW.He is very happy with his bike.
Having said that Bling King knows what he is talking about re:Wilbers.

Cheers
My bit for the day

Offline BlingKing

• View Profile
    • BLING KING MOTORCYCLES
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 01:30:35 pm »

HOW DOES IT WORK?

THE PROCESS

Great info.

but.....

what about those of us that didn't want the ESA stuff.....and only has the regular shocks - aka Trophy Edition.
Cost and options?

Oh you mean exactly like I have?

I didn't want the BS electronic suspension package that's why I bought the Trophy myself. That way all I did was chuck the rubbish shocks out and Iopted for my other brand I import - TFX Suspension - in terms of performance, the same as Wilbers, pricewise the same. They just look so much sexier.
I ordered mine with the Hydraulic Pre-load adjuster which I can now tell you was an absolute waste of money.
I have not changed the setting once, even though I have done hard dirt rides and track days with them.

For each shock you are looking at R 8995.00 less the WD discount of course!
Get hold of us on sales@bingkingbikes.co.za or  011 234 8161 if you want more info.

Online charliepappa

• Life's a ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 02:57:39 pm »
John Harris who won the GS Trophy last year changed his std gs shocks to the ADV shocks and then had the elect sorted by BMW.He is very happy with his bike.
Having said that Bling King knows what he is talking about re:Wilbers.

Cheers
My bit for the day

Hi BLK,

Did he change it front & back?

Do you know how I can get hold of him to have chat?

Cheers

Offline Omninorm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:35:26 am »

HOW DOES IT WORK?

THE PROCESS

Great info.

but.....

Cost and options?

Oh you mean exactly like I have?

I didn't want the BS electronic suspension package that's why I bought the Trophy myself. That way all I did was chuck the rubbish shocks out and Iopted for my other brand I import - TFX Suspension - in terms of performance, the same as Wilbers, pricewise the same. They just look so much sexier.
I ordered mine with the Hydraulic Pre-load adjuster which I can now tell you was an absolute waste of money.
I have not changed the setting once, even though I have done hard dirt rides and track days with them.

For each shock you are looking at R 8995.00 less the WD discount of course!
Get hold of us on sales@bingkingbikes.co.za or  011 234 8161 if you want more info.

Brilliant thanks for the info.
When I'm ready to do that I'll definitely go this route and contact you.