Dakar, not the race

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR250 Tornado
Soooo, having bought a Dakar from colleague I took her apart, removed suspension lowering links, cleaned and serviced her. Quite easy to work on. Bike stood outside and wasn't used much, so more of a cleaning task.

IMG-5564.jpg

I then took her (with the gang) to Meulstroom for a weekend with the boys at church. Lovely ride. Much easier munching miles than the Tornado, but heavier. (duh)

a51e9220-1605-4e44-9dee-67270e75199c.JPG

Founds some really lekker secondary roads.

0eb9b66f-742c-42dc-9246-73b596f0a23b.JPG

Found some very sandy backroads, appreciated the torquey nature of the engine, tried to @Noneking the sand stretches and fell. Twice. Slowly. No damage. Apart from the windscreen. @Noneking thinks I should go faster.

b2c9176f-5619-498b-ad43-e6b09d405b4b.JPG

Now for some questions:

• Where can I find a windscreen? Does anyone know of someone who does not ask arm + leg for them? Or has someone successfully made one?
  • Do I keep this bike? I love the torque. I also the the Tornado, can't have both. Sad.
  • Does anyone have some tyres for me? These ones are old. This is the reason I fell, not my lack of talent.
  • @Noneking some sand riding advice please?