Question re. Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krokonoster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi,

I put a pair of 50/50 tyres on my GSA to do an offroad course.  Fell in love with offroading so much, I doubt will go back to my original plan of putting back the road tyres the bike came with (Anakee)

Also, I sold my car and the plan is to hang in there as long I can without 4 wheels (between the wife's car and Uber I'm sorted) and haven't missed a car once.

Anyhow, summer will be here in a few months and let's say I stick to the bike only....will it be safe (or relatively safe if one  drive very carefull and slow as I normally do on the road anyhow) in wet weather with 50/50 tyres (got heidenau's on at the moment, came to love it)

Reason asking is that I got the original tires with only 1500km on them chained to a pole outside now (no garage) and not sure should keep it (for rain...but then, how I go offroad in the summer, can't switch tyres every week) or ditch it.

Some advice please? (as long it don't lean towards "ditch your offroad plans" . lol)