Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Does anybody know this BMW rider/vandal?  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Bells

Does anybody know this BMW rider/vandal?
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:17:16 pm »

This guy punched off my mom's car mirror in Milnerton for what could only be not leaving enough space for him to filter properly.

Way to go buddy, you're a rockstar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fixit

Re: Does anybody know this BMW rider/vandal?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:21:21 pm »
You have his number. report to police. I've heard that in DA country they actually do their jobs?
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 05:52:13 am »
Tell your mom to report to nearest police station where it happened and lay a charge against the owner of the bike - they will be obliged to follow up and investigate and find out who the owner is.

I can guarantee you this guy has done this many times before and gotten away with it ... and thats why he does it ... its his little power trip thing - he deserves to be brought to book

He won't feel so big when he has to appear in court and possibly get convicted and get a criminal record
The older I get the faster I was

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:47:49 am »

This guy punched off my mom's car mirror in Milnerton for what could only be not leaving enough space for him to filter properly.

Way to go buddy, you're a rockstar!

warrapoes  :patch: :patch:
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado,Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
BMW 1200 GSA, 800GSA
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline Poffmuis

• aka Newguy
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Rally rally rally
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:02:27 am »
het 2SD al gesien die ou is op n BMW...

Daar is n paar etters hier bo in die big smoke ook. Die ergste wat ek gesien het is ook n couple wat saam ry. Ek weet nie of die man of die vrou hulle arms die meeste rondswaai vir al die karre nie.

Offline DirtRebell

• Grey hound
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 07:07:21 am »
Name and shame the twasshole

Offline Squeakyboots

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Bark like a dog
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 07:54:33 am »
I feel quite embarrassed as a biker nowadays. When the gap is too narrow for a train to pass through i'm noticing more and more aggressive behaviour with revving, hooting and finger language from bikers. Roadies as well as adventure bikers. More so from leather clad, patch wearing guys. A little bit of patience goes a long way in getting to work safely and calm. There is no law that states that a motorist must leave a gap. It's out of mere consideration that they make way for us and unfortunately many people don't have consideration or are too stupid to realise there are others on the road.
I'm not an angel on the road but I do have patience and it helps.
I sometimes get confused but i'm not sure now

Offline Buddy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 08:23:41 am »
Maybe report it to BMW Club Cape as well.
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline Herklaas

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 08:32:02 am »
 :sip: The charge is; "Malicious damage to property." That will give him a nice criminal record.  :3some:
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.And, the latest 1989 Yamaha Super Tenere 750.

Offline skydiver

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 08:39:46 am »
Please get your mom to lay a criminal charge against them
Behaviour like theirs, causes cage drivers to be aggressive towards us bikers
Sold: Yamaha PW80, Honda MT5, Honda XR200, Kawazaki KDX200, Yamaha TTR250, Yamaha XT660R, BMW F800, BMW F650GS, Yamaha XT660Z, CRF230F
Current: NC750X

Offline Buff

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 08:48:45 am »
A mate of mine knocked the mirror off a car of a driver that nearly killed him by switching lanes and not checking. The driver laid a charge and at 7pm that evening they came to fetch him at his place in the cop van. He had to settle the damages then and there for them to withdraw the charge. Report it.
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Bells

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 10:19:06 am »
I think the statue of limitation has expired on this one as it happened on the 17th of September. Got brought up in conversation again yesterday and I thought I'd share.

It's her new car and she's bummed and my dad super pissed. They are biker friendly people and have chosen not to press any charges.

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 10:27:19 am »
No, she can (and still must) report this.

She should not leave it.

Saying this not to offend, but if she does not report it she becomes part of the problem and should then not be upset about it.

Edit: This does not get reported as an accident, it gets reported as malicious damage to property, which is a criminal act.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:28:21 am by Geel Kat »

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 10:34:47 am »
Rider's probably still pissed off about his high "on the road" fees. :xxbah:

Always two sides to a story. I have sat in traffic, between cars for some distances because a blind/obstinate driver refuses to move over so I could pass.

You do mention that your Mom is bike-friendly, so what could have pissed the rider off so much to kick off the mirror?

Of course, it is a known fact that the road belongs to BMW riders and drivers. Just not sure what the split in ownership shares is. :pot:

Offline Alan

• Race Dog
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 10:42:33 am »
There are guys here who can trace plates etc. I agree he should be named and shamed. No need for such behavior. Splitting through traffic is not a RIGHT, it's a benefit that comes with commuting. Never abuse that benefit.
(maybe benefit is the wrong word here, but it's a Perc.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:46:20 am by Alan »

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 10:55:33 am »
Has she got proof he hit the mirror?

Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Brucet

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 10:59:50 am »
I agree lay charges.
Im a new rider and ride a BMW and would hate to be associated with people like this and based on some of the above comments we BMW riders dont seem to be too popular.

Never really understood the mentality of the twats that hit mirrors off......they just create a bigger problem for the next riders, as the driver definitely wont be looking in the mirror anymore as he cant!
BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Offline armpump

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 11:10:34 am »
Hope number is correct

Online Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 01:23:29 pm »
I have seen okes on this very forum going off about cagers and how inconsiderate they are, cutting riders off, not leaving enough space for them to filter through etc.. as a bike rider it can be frustrating when cagers don't think about bikers.. it takes many forms, talking on a phone, applying makeup in traffic, you name it, people in a cage do it, its dangerous to you and your pillion.

Sometimes the rider gets frustrated and kicks off a mirror in frustration or in anger.

What amazes me about this forum is, depending on who tells the story depends on the response you get.

If the story is told from the opinion of the biker where the cage driver was driving erratically or on a phone or just being generally unaware and nearly took them out a few times and then by the time they got to a robot the bike rider punches a mirror.. then everyone agrees with them, calling the cager all sorts of names and relaying their accounts of how they nearly got taken out and how they should have kicked a mirror or something. Pats on the back all round.

If the story is told from the other angle, like this story.. then everyone is ag shame poor cager and the twat on the bike is now the worst thing known to man.

All I know is this :  There has never been a biker in history who has kicked or punched a mirror of a car where the person driving the car did nothing wrong in the bikers mind.

I personally have kicked a mirror clean off a caddy when it changed lanes nearly taking me out.. however I would never just ride off, we stopped and confronted each other at the next robot, him holding a wheel spanner and me in full gear.. we sized each other up, decided it was not worth it and parted ways apologising. Was I wrong to do it, yes, was he wrong to do it yes.. move on.

For me only a coward rides off. If you have the balls to kick a mirror, have the balls to take on the driver.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:27:37 pm by Fuzzy Muzzy »
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 01:26:40 pm »

For me only a coward rides off. If you have the balls to kick a mirror, have the balls to take on the driver.

+1000!

#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

The following users thanked this post: pwt