Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Does anybody know this BMW rider/vandal?  (Read 6719 times)

Online Blikkies1

Re: Does anybody know this BMW rider/vandal?
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 01:36:57 pm »
I stripped my moer for a KLR rider at the Sandown/R27 intersection two weeks ago, was sitting stationary in front of the row at a red light in my car having a chat with my son, next minute BANG! The guy bashed my mirror backward with his hand guards, he proceeded to jump the red light once I got vocal, what a pussy! I scoped out the scene and the car next to me was slightly closer to the white line than Mr Green KLR would have liked so he just bashed his way through, very unnecessary, how much time did he save? Technically we may only split on a dotted line, I also do this on the solid line at intersections but will wait if I can't get through, there's a special place in hell for pricks like this. 
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

Offline Bells

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 03:13:47 pm »
I stripped my moer for a KLR rider at the Sandown/R27 intersection two weeks ago, was sitting stationary in front of the row at a red light in my car having a chat with my son, next minute BANG! The guy bashed my mirror backward with his hand guards, he proceeded to jump the red light once I got vocal, what a pussy! I scoped out the scene and the car next to me was slightly closer to the white line than Mr Green KLR would have liked so he just bashed his way through, very unnecessary, how much time did he save? Technically we may only split on a dotted line, I also do this on the solid line at intersections but will wait if I can't get through, there's a special place in hell for pricks like this.

You'll notice when you filter that every now and then there's a car that wont give a gap on purpose and then we get pissed.

It's because of guys like that on the KLR or BMW above who ruin it for everyone else and make the roads less biker friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 03:20:38 pm »
Maybe report it to BMW Club Cape as well.

We all know they are a bunch of gentlemen outoppies  that only ride on sundays

:peepwall:

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline Alan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 03:23:06 pm »

You'll notice when you filter that every now and then there's a car that wont give a gap on purpose and then we get pissed.

It's because of guys like that on the KLR or BMW above who ruin it for everyone else and make the roads less biker friendly.

We don't have a right to get pissed! Cars can drive where they want just like we can. They help to make our lives easier by maintaining a wide gap to filter through, but they are not obliged to do so..
The cowards that feel these cars is inconveniencing them are exactly that, a bunch of D00S COWARDS. Simple!

And trust me, from experience after I stopped and picked up a mirror that one of the above examples had removed for this EXACT reason, and the abuse I received from the irate driver of the car, I could only apologise on his behalf, and then shut my mouth and leave in a hurry...

Lay a charge against these little assholes!

Offline eberhard

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2017, 04:00:39 pm »
I daily encounter motorists who purposefully close gaps. Most motorists do nothing and mostly it is not a problem. A lot would make way for you (especially taxis and delivery trucks) and there are always that one or two who would close the gap.

Where a gap gets closed, say to the left, a space to the right of the vehicle automatically opens and I change course and take the newly opened pathway. And vice versa.

Depending on the circumstances (the malice with which my way was blocked, traffic, etc) I do one of the following, or a combination thereof:
-   I simply look at the driver with a what-an idiot-you-are expression
-   I purposefully bring the bike to a stop for a second or so next to the window of the driver and then deliberately pull off to show him / her that he / she was not successful. That I am still moving ahead, while he / she is still stuck at the same spot.
-   do the same as above, but revv the bike in the process
-   I give a finger after having passed the obstructing vehicle
-   or nothing at all (where I am in a forgiving mood that day)

Personally I prefer the psychology approach. 

And where possible I always thank motorists for making way, even have a brief greeting or so where permitted.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

The following users thanked this post: Dik kobus

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2017, 04:13:23 pm »
lane splitting on my buelevard was never a problem , on rev and it was the parting of the sea

miss that loud ass bike lots
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »
Maybe report it to BMW Club Cape as well.

We all know they are a bunch of gentlemen outoppies  that only ride on sundays

:peepwall:

And anyway, around 98% of those gentlemen outoppies are still lying passed out cold from the news of this vandal on a scandal. :3some:

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »
I've hit a few mirrors. I've even stopped where I could and pulled it back for them, or if not, put my hand to say sorry. Never had any agro.

It would be great if this guy oke pitched up and offered to replace the mirror?

I've had the red mist come down heavier when I've had a pillion on the back, not enough to whip a mirror off, but certainly a few choice words. Pillions make me far more defensive and protective.
I wonder where that gravel road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. (Apologies to Mr Frost)

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline dieseldawie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • I like to drink lots of beer
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01:50 am »
I feel quite embarrassed as a biker nowadays. When the gap is too narrow for a train to pass through i'm noticing more and more aggressive behaviour with revving, hooting and finger language from bikers. Roadies as well as adventure bikers. More so from leather clad, patch wearing guys. A little bit of patience goes a long way in getting to work safely and calm. There is no law that states that a motorist must leave a gap. It's out of mere consideration that they make way for us and unfortunately many people don't have consideration or are too stupid to realise there are others on the road.
I'm not an angel on the road but I do have patience and it helps.

Agree 100%. Plus a car without a mirror cannot see you at the side of them anymore.
Where are my shorts??

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:13 am »
I see some of these crunts every other day...problem is that they give all motorcyclists a bad name. It is what it is. This is why i consistently acknowledge drivers who make way. I either raise a hand or put a foot out depending which side the car is. I'm a fukken angel i know  ;D
'Routine is the thief of time'

The following users thanked this post: Scribble

Offline EssBee

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2017, 08:18:56 am »
It saddens me to see how unnecesarily agro people are on the roads in general. WTF is it? Once on/in the vehicle do they think they're invincible?

Offline Bells

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:14 am »
It saddens me to see how unnecesarily agro people are on the roads in general. WTF is it? Once on/in the vehicle do they think they're invincible?

Watch the explanation of this by Louis CK

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8062QEFk5g

Offline vjseven

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT550
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:57 am »
Technically, I'm currently not a biker, but a scooterer...

If the gap is closed, I just go around... much easier, saves a lot of agro...

Offline nielvn

• Race Dog
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2017, 02:06:28 pm »
Lol, very tense here

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2017, 02:12:35 pm »
Technically, I'm currently not a biker, but a scooterer...

If the gap is closed, I just go around... much easier, saves a lot of agro...

+1.
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Dik kobus

• Puppy
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Hoe dik is jou kobus
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2017, 04:56:16 pm »
I daily encounter motorists who purposefully close gaps. Most motorists do nothing and mostly it is not a problem. A lot would make way for you (especially taxis and delivery trucks) and there are always that one or two who would close the gap.

Where a gap gets closed, say to the left, a space to the right of the vehicle automatically opens and I change course and take the newly opened pathway. And vice versa.

Depending on the circumstances (the malice with which my way was blocked, traffic, etc) I do one of the following, or a combination thereof:
-   I simply look at the driver with a what-an idiot-you-are expression
-   I purposefully bring the bike to a stop for a second or so next to the window of the driver and then deliberately pull off to show him / her that he / she was not successful. That I am still moving ahead, while he / she is still stuck at the same spot.
-   do the same as above, but revv the bike in the process
-   I give a finger after having passed the obstructing vehicle
-   or nothing at all (where I am in a forgiving mood that day)

Personally I prefer the psychology approach. 

And where possible I always thank motorists for making way, even have a brief greeting or so where permitted.

That's the way to do it.
With people on the rode that drift out their lane into yours without even knowing, being preoccupied by phone or lip stick or just a dumbass you just put your leg out and move it a bit to their lane once in front after hooting to show where the boundary is. Always thank those who give a gap or move over. If safe to do so let other road users see you doing it.
Some people should just not be allowed on the roads, regardless of vehicle. I'm sure everyone can agree with that
Lang lebender hitler
Klip spinnekop

Offline ETS

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2017, 04:57:00 pm »
Always remember- 2 wrongs dont make a right. I hop the BM guy gets named and shamed
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »
SAPS case opened yet?

Offline Bells

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2017, 05:35:19 pm »
Ai, ekt gehoop jy kry die boodskap toe ek jou vorige 2 posts ignore. ;)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »
Ai, ekt gehoop jy kry die boodskap toe ek jou vorige 2 posts ignore. ;)

Hoekom het jy nie n klag gaan le nie, was Mamma toe nie so onskuldig nie? :peepwall: