Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Advice please - handling of tax on rental income if leaving the country?  (Read 474 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kalahariben

Hi all

I need some tax advice please: Iím leaving the country next month (3 year contract), am am going to rent out my house.

What is the best avenue to route this money from a tax point of view?

- Pay directly into an annuity?
- Open some sort of off-shore account via a local bank?
- Transfer into an international bank account once per month?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:10:19 am by kalahariben »

Offline Heimer

  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 12,233
  • Thanked: 50 times
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • View Profile
Have them pay you in bitcoins

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline SlŠinte Mhaith

  • Forum Whore
  • ****
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 9,799
  • Thanked: 52 times
    • View Profile

How about buying another property?  Can the bond be deducted from the rental income?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:51:48 am by SlŠinte Mhaith »

Offline ROOI

  • Senior Member
  • ***
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 3,104
  • Thanked: 7 times
  • XR650R YZ 250 2t WR AKA Red Rider
    • View Profile
Contact your buddy in AUS and find out what he does ?