Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Female overlander in hospital in Monrovia, Liberia - can anyone assist.  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Amsterdam

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
Guadalupe Araoz is a young woman from Argentina who is on an around the world solo journey.  I met her briefly in El Salvador in 2016.  I heard today from a friend in Ecuador that Guadalupe has had an accident in Monrovia, Liberia and has broken an arm and a leg (details are sketchy).  She is in the Aspen Medical Centre in Monrovia.  My friend asked if I know anyone there who can go visit her and see if she needs any assistance.  I know no-one there but thought that maybe someone here could assist?

http://www.hastaprontocatalina.com
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 1190 Adventure

The following users thanked this post: Operator, zebra - Flying Brick

Offline Amsterdam

Re: Female overlander in hospital in Monrovia, Liberia - can anyone assist.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »
It appears that she is okay for now.  But if you are in that area, make contact.  I presume she will arrive in SA in a few months.

Offline hedleyj

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 07:32:51 pm »
Hi JL happy new year to you Pen and sebas

I do hope she is in good care. I suspect Monrovia may not be the best place to be in under those circumstances. But not having been there it is only an assumption.

Keep us posted please.
I'm sure the sun goes around the earth twice a day.

Offline Amsterdam

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:53:30 am »
Thanks Hedley and same to you.  Last I heard is that she may possibly be transported to SA for further operations/care.  Will post here if that happens/once I have details.

Offline LionBuell

I met Guadalupe at Mill Park clinic 5 days after her crash. She was travelling with another lady from Brazil when she had the off. She broke both wrists and was not a happy camper(no use if her hands). She was in hospital for 7 days and went back to Argentina to recoup. I had some time with her on a few occasions visiting a brother that got knocked off his bike. The guys and girls from our club visited her when we went to see Aaron, and as time went on she was more relaxed. She seems to be quite accdent prone. I will try to get a pick ant post it up. I was also amazed at her small stature and that they chose the come down the western side of Africa. Maybe her crash was a blessing in disguise....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Amsterdam

Online m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
both wrists must be a massive issue. Just imagine this with no one to assist.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Amsterdam

Glad to get some more news.  I received the info via a mutual friend in Ecuador but had not managed to contact her while she was here.