Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Kalahari Rally  (Read 7893 times)

Offline RyanI

Re: Kalahari Rally
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2018, 05:33:18 pm »
Iíve done many enduros and this year did my first two GXCCs but was still on the fence about whether I wanted to try Rally. However after following this so closely for a few days I am Inspired to give it a go.  At this stage I only have the 300 2 stroke so Iíll have to plan to get a rally bike some time next year. Already made a deal with SWAMBO so thatís important. Now to figure out how the hell to get a third bike.

If I can possibly get that right then itís Tankwa next year and Kalahari the year after.

Loved every minute of following this rally and I really wish they get even stronger next year.
BMW850GS (2018)

Offline Buff

« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2018, 08:38:10 pm »
Some feedback I got from Martin today after he finished " Sjoe have been running up front with Ross & the 2 leading cars. Hectic to hear that Renault Elf behind you come through. Unfortunately I made a mess of one waypoint which they changed on route. I was to pumped to remember what the marshal said and that was my race gone. All good just wanted to have fun the last day & that I did! Enjoyed that bike. All top guys asking me what suspension I'm running... answer... Std Yamaha... ;D ;D who needs a 600K rally orange  :o ;D

Martin was racing a WR450F   :thumleft: Looks like he placed 3rd in 450moto and 5th Overall which is a great result  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Online Kortbroek

« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2018, 08:40:10 pm »
Awesome  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Live video feed of the prize giving: https://www.facebook.com/kalaharirally/videos
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Brink

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Confederate (all models)
  • Knob
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2018, 10:50:17 pm »
Strength and good thoughts for Gavin Breckle  (also a WD) that had a bad crash today.

:eek7:
I know nothing but I can not prove it,,,,,

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2018, 10:03:16 am »
Awesome  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Live video feed of the prize giving: https://www.facebook.com/kalaharirally/videos
Very interesting between 1:30 and 1:45 where Lyndon speaking.

THAT IS GOOD FOR OUR COUNTRY AND SPORT.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline Buff

« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2018, 12:57:33 pm »
Garth's tribute to Alexander Nel was also very thoughtful of him. He credited the starting of the Kalahari to Alex's efforts in getting the Amageza off the ground and established and then presented an award to the team/rider showing the most vasbyt through out the rally in honour of Alex  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2018, 05:08:45 am »
Garth's tribute to Alexander Nel was also very thoughtful of him. He credited the starting of the Kalahari to Alex's efforts in getting the Amageza off the ground and established and then presented an award to the team/rider showing the most vasbyt through out the rally in honour of Alex  :thumleft:

Thats great to hear. Well done Garth!! :thumleft:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2018, 05:10:03 am »
Iíve done many enduros and this year did my first two GXCCs but was still on the fence about whether I wanted to try Rally. However after following this so closely for a few days I am Inspired to give it a go.  At this stage I only have the 300 2 stroke so Iíll have to plan to get a rally bike some time next year. Already made a deal with SWAMBO so thatís important. Now to figure out how the hell to get a third bike.

If I can possibly get that right then itís Tankwa next year and Kalahari the year after.

Loved every minute of following this rally and I really wish they get even stronger next year.

Yeah RYAN!!  :ricky: Finally, after 6 years you have finally been bitten.  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Please start a thread on your rally bike thoughts & prep. Who knows, maybe I will come out for next year too :deal:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:10:30 am by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250