Saturday Scramble over Breedts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
So the bottom line is I've learnt my lesson the hard way with regard to doing tricky stuff on my own.  It had been a while since I had been over Breedts so I figured there might be a WD or two (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=220819.0)  who might want to join considering the regular victims all had excuses....was I in for a surprise....

10 bikes arrived on Saturday morning to go see what the Nek looked like.  We took the scenic route riding as much dirt as we could.  Admittedly the area doesn't lend itself to much other than ordinary dirt roads and it's only really going over the pass itself where your sphincters might tighten up.....but for a quick Saturday morning in perfect weather, with a great bunch of blokes on a diverse range of bikes...a lekker way to start the weekend....

By the way....the pass has deteriorated significantly since the last time I went over.  For the first time I would actually say the southern slope is worse.  We went up and down both sides and in both cases it was a lot more difficult riding up - but then I guess maintaining momentum on the downhill is easier.

Thanks to all the guys that joined - I'm useless at remembering names but thanks to all of you - and I'm really glad that after carrying a tube of Pratley's Steel for over three years it was finally put to use  :thumleft: :ricky: :thumleft:

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 340
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    358.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG