Ktm 1190 ADV R Valve Clearances

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

►Braaap◄

♠I should be out riding♠
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Hi guys

Just wondering who does their own valve clearances? Check mine last week and the intakes were way out of spec and only did 15000km. Front and rear cylinder was almost 0. I bought the bike from dealer and they provided service history and slips to prove the clearances was done.

Spec says intake 0.10-0.15 and exhaust says 0.25- 0.30. Rear cylinder exhaust was 0.43 and 0.45. The Front exhaust valve were the only in spec? 

Anyone experience this on their own. Can they really go so much out of spec in 15000km. I almost feel like it was not done right the first time?

Now that i have done the shims it feels completely like a new bike. Engine is smooth and feel like it has a smoother power delivery now. No more jerkiness.

At least i know my bike is 100% in spec now. While i was at it i took the clutch pack out and must say  i am very impressed. 50 000km and they are still in new spec when i measured them.