MARGATE TO LADYBRAND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Hi guys , I need to get some info , we are going to the bike fest in Margate at the end of the month long weekend , Our plan is to ride down by bike and so far we are going to go via Lesotho to Margate and then to our accommodation in Ramsgate . Plan is to leave early friday morning , ride down to FOuriesburg , and have breakfast at the hotel , then cross the border at Calidonspoort and via the mountain passes go to Sani top , then down Sanipass and Himeville / under berg . I t was suggested to pit stop here , but unless we can find ok accommodation , we mite just push on to Margate only a 2 hr ride .
I have this craze idea to then leave on monday and head home via the lower part of Leshoto/ top part of Transkei ( easterncape ) towards hobhouse / ladybrand . maybe pit-stop in Fiksburg , and then the last bit home on Tuesday . What i would like to Know is , is the road tar or dirt from Kokstad to Hobhouse , or can you sugest a route to follow ? dont mind a bit of dirt , but tar makes for faster travel .
If this is not a cool idea then we will have to back track or just ues the main road home , but we not keen to do this .
05 TJ SAHARA