Front brake switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuggy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
So last weekend I noticed my brake light was staying on. Rule of troubleshooting, check the simplest things first.. So I checked the bulb and holder to see if anything was faulty there. Then fuses. Then relay.. all seemed good so it was onto the brake switches. Rear checked out but when I got to the front one something was not right. The way the system works is the switch has to make contact to energise a relay to turn the light off. If no power goes to the relay, the light will stay on. The front brake switch was showing open circuit with the lever pulled and released..
So yesterday off to Jughead to see if he had a spare which he unfortunately didn't so this morning I was off to the electronics shops here in PE with sample in hand. On the first stop I hit gold.

S1IDUJF.jpg

A whole 10 bucks at Cosmotronics. Just need to snip the wires off the old one and solder onto the common and normally open poles of the new one. Maybe coat with a bit of silicone sealer for protection.
I will fit the new switch over the weekend if I get a gap.