Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Vesparados weekend trip to Rustenburg with Skinny van Schalkwyk  (Read 348 times)

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Braaap!
So as some of you may know, I no longer own an adventure bike, but I'd love to get one again someday.
For now, I ride vintage Vespas with a bunch of hooligan mates called "The Vesparados" its bad @$$ I know. Ha ha

Anyways, they recently embarked on an adventure to Rustenburg, and invited Skinny van Schalkwyk and her bestie "Chikita" along.
They produced this awesome video which perfectly documents the trip, unfortunately I was unable to attend that specific weekend, but for those that follow her monthly newsletters / blog, you can read the full ride report here, and watch the video below:

https://www.tankgirls.co.za/single-post/2018/07/21/TG-Newsletter-VESPARADOS-TO-RUSTENBURG

Enjoy!
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline dirtyXT

Re: Vesparados weekend trip to Rustenburg with Skinny van Schalkwyk
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 09:02:05 am »
 :biggrin: looks like good fun. all those scooters original? whats the criteria to be a member? how about a V8 scooter?
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Braaap!
Re: Vesparados weekend trip to Rustenburg with Skinny van Schalkwyk
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 09:11:15 am »
Most of the Vespas are original, ranging from 1963 to 1985 models.
I'm also a Vesparado, after a whole years worth of initiation, which requires a lot of time in the saddle and copies amounts of alcohol poisoning.

Every now and again, there is a non Vespa that rides with us, but they eventually feel insecure and sell theirs for a Vespa anyway.
You do get Malossi conversion kits to increase the performance of the motors, but most of us enjoying cruising between 70km and 100km max.

:biggrin: looks like good fun. all those scooters original? whats the criteria to be a member? how about a V8 scooter?
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.