So me and EtienneNXR went on this little trailride.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Operator

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
So me and Etienne decided this afternoon to go and explore more in the bushes south of Zevenwacht-farm here on the outskirts of Capetown
https://www.zevenwacht.co.za/

We are truly blessed to live right here on the edge of surburbia with winefarms like this situated just about 2 kms away.
The farm is bordering a big bush that is really no-mans land. This area is enjoyed by alot of quad and MX-riders.
There is a quite a few tracks around with LOTS and LOTS of very unforgiving loose sand.

Ok so we played around on the sand tracks and I decided to go up this little path with a more solid surface :ricky:

We reached this little mudhole and I decided to just go through it.......cause the diameter is just about 1,2 meters wide.
BIG MISTAKE.

I got the feeling I'm loosing momentum and I looked up ,stood up and opened the throttle................just to dig my own little grave.
The bike went nowhere and just sunk into this little mudhole.

DSC00290Small.jpg

DSC00291Small.jpg

DSC00292Small.jpg

Try as we may........all our efforts was in vain.  :-\
The water(mud) formed a vacuum around the wheel and there was just no way
the 2 of us was gonna pull the bike out.

Luckily down the farmroad came a tractor with a trailer loaded with labourers from the
farm and I stopped them and ask for help.
Unselfishly they got into the mud and assist in pulling the bike out.
It took 5 men to pull the bike (weight 118 kg) out of the hole, so you can imagine how stuck it was.......
The only out was to drop the bike nearly horizontal and breaking the pressure off the backwheel.

DSC00294Small.jpg

Oh well, no damage done to the bike, so in the end all is well.

(Note to self: Take with a rope when you go into terrain like this. )

Lesson learned. :deal: