1150GS - Headlight Wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggety

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Hi all.

I am busy changing the the headlight setup  on the recently bought Ms Piggy.  The setup that she had Naked look setup with a 8"  BAJA DESERT RACE  ( also  found as a TrailTech )  light as High beam and a LED ( 4 bulbs) as low beam.

Changing to  7" LED Hi/Lo Beam Single light. Order a light and received but it  was just the seal light, no housing.  Sold the BAJA light in the meantime

So, till I find the correct housing ( that I can use with a Tombstone fairing) for the light , need to do a temporary setup ( that is roadworthy).

The LED light still connected and working.  Wanted to connect a One of a set of spotlights  as high beam.

Do not want to do an expensive temporary set up , for the Headlight I bought on it's own  was  relatively expensive , the housing and holder bracket will double the price.

How ever when connecting to the wire for the High beam, the spot light slow lights  up slowly  but stay yellowish , and the the Live wire get extremely hot and start smoking at where the wire of the spot and the live wire connect?

Would it be that the spot pulls too much power or there might be  short on the wire?

I do not want to cause damage to the CDI.