Splurt and Spatter. Don’t want to start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Good morning guys. Hope all is well. I need a little advise

So I serviced my Pig in December and did a few extra small things with new wire casings and ajusting valves and so on. Took the crashbars of and thought I’ll get them respayed and left them of. But then I made a dumbass mistake... In the taking off of the crashbars and leaving them off... I got so excited to take the bike out for a ride... I forgot to put back the bolts that connect the subframe to the rest of the bike :( (i’m so stupid) and then as I am riding everything moved and pulled the exhaust system apart and I sounded like a harley. So I returned home splurting and spattering.

With a mission I got everything back into place, fixed the exhaust etc. but still bike won’t start because the idling or something is out. Don’t know where to start searching for the problem.

Could it be that I damaged the Lamda sensor? The one in the exhaust and that is the problem?

Thanks for you time in helping me think. I need to get back on the Pig for commuting. Big Diesel engine to heavy