Poor service - Superbike Solutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboef

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I took the AT to Superbike Solutions in Somerset West on Tuesday, and went to fetch it yesterday. They came highly recommended by a few friends of mine, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

When I got home yesterday, I unloaded the bike from my bakkie, and immediately went for a spin. Upon turning into the street, the bike accellerated and almost threw me off. I stopped and checked the throttle cables. They were stretching against the key housing-thingy when I turn right. This wasnt the case before the service. I made a mental note to fix it myself, and rode off. Suddenly I heard a rattling noise coming from the engine. I stopped and listened, and heard something rattling in the bash plate under the engine. Turned back home, removed the bashplate, and found a loose bolt and a little metal pipe/cable mounting (broken off) lying loose in the bashplate. Took them out, and started looking at the hole where the bolt should come in. Couldn't find it, but what I DID find is the following: the oil plug and surrounding area hasn't been wiped clean after draining the oil (my bike does not leak oil, not a drop), and the clutch cable (which Superbike Solutions replaced) were routed incorrectly, and was getting smashed against the frame when the steering is turned full lock to the left.
Now I was fuming. But I decided to go for a ride nontheless. Upon taking the N1, I found out my handle bars were STILL not straight when I rode straight. (maybe a little leftover of previous falls) And I specifically told them to fix it, and they told me it was fixed.

Also, the oil hasn't been filled correctly. But that I can forgive them for.

And I paid R1520 for this service.

So I wont EVER go back there, and want to warn everyone on the forum to avoid Superbike Solutions in Somerset West like the plague.

I shudder to think what else they f*cked up, and I don't know about yet.

Thank you, that's all.