Sprung an Oil leak around the Water Pump.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mzee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
I thought this might interest you.  Those who are familiar with my bike will know that it has been a work horse with very good innings.

I notice some oil on the floor and did a thorough check of the bike.  I established that the oil was draining from the two ducts leading from the water pump.  Now, as I understand it this duct(s) is suppose to drain water out.  But I have oil.  On further inspection, I established that the area around the water pump is also covered in some oil oozing from some point. 

My bike runs very well, no over heating nothing of the sort except that I have used more oil than is normal.  I was under the impression that I had to replace the entire water pump.  So I approached those in the know who said all I needed was an o-ring.

In the third diagram I show the parts I need to change.  Part number 10, the gasket I replace for obvious reasons and part seven merely out of interest.

I will keep you posted

Attachments

• Oil.jpg
    Oil.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Oil-2.jpg
    Oil-2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Water Pump.jpg
    Water Pump.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 192