Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Tyre advice please  (Read 320 times)

Offline DirkB1980

Tyre advice please
« on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:55 pm »
Hey guys, I need some advice, please. I have to choose between Michelin Sirac and Kenda K761 tyres for my GS Dakar. They are similarly priced and both seem about equal wrt performance, mileage etc. Will not be used for off-road. Any advice? My budget is limited, hence the choice between these two. Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Offline JohnB

Re: Tyre advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 03:35:24 pm »
Hi Dirk

I can not comment on the Kenda`s but I had Sirac on my previous bike. I found them to good. We did the Lower Lotheni rd and Sani pass in the rain without any issues  :thumleft:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline Saddle Up

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 03:44:06 pm »
Michelin all the way. The Siracs are actually a decent tyre, that will give you good grip, even in the rain.
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline DirkB1980

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:14 pm »
Hi Dirk

I can not comment on the Kenda`s but I had Sirac on my previous bike. I found them to good. We did the Lower Lotheni rd and Sani pass in the rain without any issues  :thumleft:
Thank jou for your input!

JohnB, what was the mileage like on the Sirac's?

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 03:59:45 pm »
 :thumleft: Siracs. Good on the road, also done Baviaans and similar on them without even noticing that they're not 'knobbly'. Currently running on the rear of my X/Challenge.
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

"They" say I confuse wanting to stay young with wanting things to stay as they were when I was young.

Offline JohnB

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 04:02:19 pm »
Hi Dirk

Thank jou for your input!

JohnB, what was the mileage like on the Sirac's?

I sold the bike with the tyres still in good condition. Not sure about what millage i did with them. Also, I had them on a KLR so it wasn`t seeing much torque being transmitted
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline DirkB1980

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 04:04:16 pm »
Thank you all, much appreciated!

Offline DirkB1980

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 08:27:49 am »
I have ordered the Sirac's... Thanks again for all your input.