Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Dwerg down (a year ago...)  (Read 82106 times)

Offline Herkules

Re: Dwerg down
« Reply #740 on: September 29, 2020, 12:54:42 pm »
Sounds to me like the same thing that happened to ETS, they forgot to add glue to the two bone ends when they fixed it and it never grew on. ETS had to have it done months later again this time with glue and it is now perfectly joined.

Sterkte Dwerg. :thumleft:

Glue?, seriously?, never heard of that, but it makes sense. Wonder what glue it is?

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #741 on: September 29, 2020, 01:13:02 pm »
Sounds to me like the same thing that happened to ETS, they forgot to add glue to the two bone ends when they fixed it and it never grew on. ETS had to have it done months later again this time with glue and it is now perfectly joined.

Sounds more like his body trying to reject the leg due to there being Crocs on the end of it  :pot:

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #742 on: September 29, 2020, 01:15:50 pm »

Glue?, seriously?, never heard of that, but it makes sense. Wonder what glue it is?
Well not glue but some stuff they put on the bone ends to help it grow. From what I understand they do not do it the first time, but it it does not join they do it the next try. Do not ask me what the name of the stuff is at least one bone I have not broken......................................yet!! ;D
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline Lem

« Reply #743 on: September 29, 2020, 01:35:37 pm »

Well not glue but some stuff they put on the bone ends to help it grow. From what I understand they do not do it the first time, but it it does not join they do it the next try. Do not ask me what the name of the stuff is at least one bone I have not broken......................................yet!! ;D

As an inside joke, the ortopedic surgeons call it "glue"

what they also do sometimes is to chip off some bone (in theatre, under anastetic) somewhere else, like on the outside of the hip, then grind it a bit and mix it into the "glue" and then "plak" it on the crooked joint in question.
Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #744 on: September 29, 2020, 01:39:02 pm »
As far as I understand it’s not like a skin graft where they sample other skin, they just grind down the existing non fixed ends and like ETS use stuff to promote new growth
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Tabasco

« Reply #745 on: September 29, 2020, 01:44:29 pm »

As an inside joke, the ortopedic surgeons call it "glue"

what they also do sometimes is to chip off some bone (in theatre, under anastetic) somewhere else, like on the outside of the hip, then grind it a bit and mix it into the "glue" and then "plak" it on the crooked joint in question.
correct, did my humeris like that
(chip a piece of bone of the hip , use it as a "spacer" where the broken bone is to be mended)
very effective actually

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #746 on: September 29, 2020, 03:06:16 pm »
In my case they took three vertebrae that was crushed because of the accident and grinded it up some more and put it in a pipe fusion. It is a cylindrical pipe of titanium full of holes.
Then they stuff that grinded bone and stuff it in the pipe and then the bone "grows" through the holes of the pipe and I now have one big piece of bone instead of three vertebrae.
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
Re: Dwerg down (a year ago...)
« Reply #747 on: September 29, 2020, 04:57:14 pm »
Yep, they'll take bone from your hip and grind it into a paste adding some plasma, bone, medical stuff - or glue, as yous call it.

They'll remove the shitty ends of the non-union and grind back to clean bone, ready for regrowth. Put the paste in and sew you up.

Remember, the pin is already in there, holding things in place. You'll get more scars and a hip that doesn't like holding your pants up anymore ..................  :biggrin:

BUT, you'll be able to swing your leg over anything or anyone.

AND, after all that, you'll be ready to break the next one.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:58:40 pm by Cracker »
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #748 on: September 29, 2020, 05:01:09 pm »
Of course, if your belly is already bigger than your hips, nothing changes except for the scars.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Mev Vis Arend

• Bike: Honda CRF-250L
« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2020, 06:35:39 am »

Sounds more like his body trying to reject the leg due to there being Crocs on the end of it  :pot:

:spitcoffee:  :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #750 on: September 30, 2020, 07:43:58 am »
As far as I understand it’s not like a skin graft where they sample other skin, they just grind down the existing non fixed ends and like ETS use stuff to promote new growth
Yip, they did that with my youngest son’s skull the other day after a brain op.
Works well and the bone then grows together again. They did put plates and screws to keep it all stable though.
Apparently without the crumbled pieces and “glue” it does not adhere again.
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #751 on: October 01, 2020, 08:35:03 am »

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

::) ::) ::) julle laat my worry
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline LoopSoosStroop

• Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
  • Long live the TTR
« Reply #752 on: October 01, 2020, 08:45:02 am »
Al wat julle nou doen is om my te maak my bike verkoop...

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #753 on: October 01, 2020, 09:42:30 am »
Al wat julle nou doen is om my te maak my bike verkoop...
Kyk tussen my en die ander ongelukke die laaste ruk het ek ook al begin wonder of dit die moeite werd is. Dan onthou ek hoe lekker dit is om bike te ry en vergeet weer van die risiko

Terloops, ek het my eie chirurg gaan sien gister en hys aansienlik meer optimisties oor my herstel as wat die ander ouens was.
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

The following users thanked this post: LoopSoosStroop

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #754 on: October 01, 2020, 09:58:21 am »
This is yesterdays femur xray

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #755 on: October 01, 2020, 10:00:31 am »
Dêmmit dis n lang stuk yster daai ma ek sien niks ghries nippels op sy punte!! ;)
Sterkte en geduld vir 100% herstel Dwerg. :thumleft:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #756 on: October 01, 2020, 10:35:20 am »
Dêmmit dis n lang stuk yster daai ma ek sien niks ghries nippels op sy punte!! ;)
Sterkte en geduld vir 100% herstel Dwerg. :thumleft:
Ja eks al amper wolverine!

Dankie Chris

Offline LoopSoosStroop

• Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
  • Long live the TTR
« Reply #757 on: October 01, 2020, 03:05:07 pm »
Kyk tussen my en die ander ongelukke die laaste ruk het ek ook al begin wonder of dit die moeite werd is. Dan onthou ek hoe lekker dit is om bike te ry en vergeet weer van die risiko

Terloops, ek het my eie chirurg gaan sien gister en hys aansienlik meer optimisties oor my herstel as wat die ander ouens was.

Ja dis rof. Ek is baie aktief andersins en geniet my hardloop en bergklim baie. Die idee dat ek vir 'n jaar of twee (of erger!) dit nie sal kan doen nie is vir my baie moeilik. Baaik ry is baie lekker ja, maar sjoe partykeer is dit asof die level van aftjop uit proporsie is met die plesier.