Pussy Fever in Pretoria - a short Ride-along Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ri

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Prologue:

Wanna stroke some pussy. Where...? (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=240413.0)

After a semi-insomniac night, I wake up early on Saturday morning and just make it to breakfast, served between unappetising hours of 6 - 8 am. Afterwards I wonder whether to crawl back into bed or try to do something productive with my day. I recall my recent pussy-fever and decide to head over to [member=614]Runner[/member] 's workshop, Offroad Cycles, in the back of beyond of Pretoria from swishy Sandton where I'm staying.

I arrive at about 10am, and when I spot [member=2800]Hondsekierie[/member] leaning into the big bakkie next to me, I know I'm at the right place, despite the dilapidated and dodgy surrounds. I walk into what seems to be the back of the shop, and look around to see many KTMs all around the clean inner yard. I pass two guys chatting, and when one queries what I'm looking for, I ask whether I'm at the right entrance. One guy, who later turns out to be [member=614]Runner[/member], points me towards the shop door and continues his discussion with his client.

I walk into the shop and immediately recognise [member=15496]Minxy[/member] talking to someone, but since I have no expectation that she'll know who I am, I give her a careful friendly look and walk up to the counter, where the amiable and very helpful Sirk offers his assistance. A bit at a loss, I ask for earplugs which I need for my upcoming trip, as my current Alpines are shedding wings like fallen angels. I also ask about their range of Bluetooth comms sets, as I like to listen to music while I ride, but my Spirit has long given up the ghost.

Sirk quickly helps me to replacement earplugs and then shows me their very good looking range of Sena's, but my budget won't bite. Then he shows me a newcomer, a comms set that doesn't have the big outside control pod because the Bluetooth is built into the earpieces. No need to stick anything onto my Desert Fox, which I plan to replace at some point, and it is a good 50% less pricey than the Sena's. Budget gives a careful nod and my purchases are made quickly.

Now what? I did, after all, come here for pussies.

I ask Sirk whether they currently have any cats at the shop, but they just recently handed over 2 ferals to Onderstepoort for sterilisation, and were planning to fetch them only on Tuesday, after which they'd be released again. They do have a rehabilitated feral who lives in the shop, but a quick look around doesn't deliver the feral and Sirk calls Conrad.

Conrad starts looking all over, but can't see the shop cat anywhere. He takes me to shade-netted shelves in the courtyard where two sterilised young ferals with clipped ears sit side-by-side, staring us down disdainfully. They've made their home at the back of the shelf and Conrad feeds them there. They are too old to tame, but accept human proximity for food and shelter.

He shows me the wire traps he got from Cape Town, because the ones he found in Gauteng allowed the ferals to rip the the handlers apart when releasing them. He shows me the top-to-bottom wire-clad door he installed in the Feral Kittie Rehab Area a.k.a the bathroom, because the kittens defeat any lesser security measures. He shows me a video of the most beautiful little kitten, white with pitch black tail and ears, crawling up the wired door like a feisty little demon. A client who was in the workshop at the time insisted on adopting the kitten right then and there. I'm not surprised.

He spots the white shop cat, Slick, reclining in splendour on the couch in the office. I sit down and start stroking Slick, a little heartsore, having lost my two feral rehab kittens about ten years ago due to the ex. I haven't had the heart to adopt new kittens yet. Soon, maybe.

Conrad leaves to attend to customers and I look around the clean and well-organised offices and the neat and clean work areas for the mechanics. The place looks immaculate, clean and well-lit, in contrast to the dingy surrounds and the faded and peeling name sign out front. There is even a neat waiting area with a coffee machine...!