Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Two Strokes back in MotoGP?  (Read 739 times)

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: Two Strokes back in MotoGP?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2020, 08:46:32 pm »

If this ever happens, the 2 strokes will be nothing like we know.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/01/15/red-mist-will-we-see-2-stroke-formula-1-engines-in-the-future/?fbclid=IwAR1i-Is3_zUnmEvwQPIWTCoOjA9Y1qCeT3-lk5LS1lxLu2rfDnebga4mgGI

The important part will remain unchanged......a power stroke on each revolution. :ricky:

The traditional "expansion chamber" may also be gone, a good thing as it is quite in the way. It does look very good though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:47:43 pm by 2StrokeDan »

Offline Dux

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 10:30:30 am »
I doubt this will ever happen, even though teams are looking at savings in a desperate economy.

I think what a lot of us are wanting is. a return to something like the old 500 - 2 strokes , wild , brutal things that took big balls to ride properly , no rider aids like traction control , ABS , etc  .... , I think it was Mamola who referred to them as a loaded gun , in that you had better have it pointed in the right direction before pulling the trigger otherwise it would spit you off . The sad reality is that even the best got spat off
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 01:10:26 pm »
The return of two stroke engines should be welcomed of course. But as an option, not as an imposed formula.That's why I take so very little interest these days. Because of that horrible word Homogenisation. In the world of motorbikes, I'm an unapologetic homophobe!

Variety is the spice. Same engine capacity, same fuel, consensus on induction, forced or atmospheric. Otherwise free rein for the designers. One cylinder, two, three, or twenty.
Vertical, horizontal or inverted. Parallel, vee, or radial. Disc valve, reed valve, poppet valve or anything else they can invent. Free choice of tyre manufacturer, ignition/fueling manufacturer etc.

Even two or more completely different machine types within the same team, within the same race, like Guzzi back in the glory days.

Make it interesting again, and I'll become a fan again. Otherwise I'll just dream of how great it was when I first started following, and even before I was born.
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 08:40:53 pm »
The return of two stroke engines should be welcomed of course. But as an option, not as an imposed formula.That's why I take so very little interest these days. Because of that horrible word Homogenisation. In the world of motorbikes, I'm an unapologetic homophobe!

Variety is the spice. Same engine capacity, same fuel, consensus on induction, forced or atmospheric. Otherwise free rein for the designers. One cylinder, two, three, or twenty.
Vertical, horizontal or inverted. Parallel, vee, or radial. Disc valve, reed valve, poppet valve or anything else they can invent. Free choice of tyre manufacturer, ignition/fueling manufacturer etc.

Even two or more completely different machine types within the same team, within the same race, like Guzzi back in the glory days.

Make it interesting again, and I'll become a fan again. Otherwise I'll just dream of how great it was when I first started following, and even before I was born.

I agree wholeheartedly.