Sunday Short Ride (plastic bike playground)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
After yesterdays ride I am a bit stiff and after todayâ??s ride I feel ..... more stiff!!! (but I think ECTrax aka Denys is going to feel worse!)

Crab left with Mike H and the family from Kammapark at 10am. I left from my house and joined them at the power station by chance. At the power station it was Crab, Mike his wife, son and daughter, Denys, BigE, Deon and Herms.

We left the power station and made our way to Mission Rd at Mission Rd BigE left us and we made our way into the Valley down a technical decent which on the way back would be the reason for ECTrax crashing. In the valley it got tight and technical with 4 or 5 water crossings all the bikes handled it well.

The terrain changed every time you blinked an eye and went from rocky to sandy to tight technical and fast single track. It was awesome riding and all the bikes made it through all the obstacles with no big hassle. MikeH spend most of the ride in front on his back wheel. Riding in the valley is hard work with a DS bike and I can feel that I worked hard.

Halfway down the valley we turned around and started heading back on the climb out the valley Denys got a snakebite in the front. I put some sealer in the wheel and pumped it and Denys got on the way to make the sealed work by riding so that it will spread.

We left shortly after ECTrax and 2km down the road saw Denys and his bike under a bush on the side of the road. The tire was fine and then suddenly just lost pressure and Denys lost control going about 40 - 50km/h. His bike had some damaged and he had a nice graze on his hand.

MikeH left to get the bike trailer and some beers while Mike's wife Louise dressed ECTrax hand with some alchol wipes and other stuff. The bike had scratches on the bumper, screen and the indicator was broken.

We sat around and waited for the bike trailer then the remainder of us (crab, louise, louise jnr and me) left and went to mikeh's house via the dirt. It was a great ride back!!!

Crab also put his bike down  :imaposer: 2meters from mikeh's house riding up the pavement at a 45deg angle he lost the front wheel  ::)

Here are some pics!!!!!

Thanks boys and girls for a awesome ride!!!!!

Here are pics of one of the water crossings

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 003.jpg