Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha, I never knew  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Offshore

Re: Yamaha, I never knew
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2020, 08:37:36 pm »
https://www.reliableplant.com/Read/23859/Renault-Nissan-Daimler-cooperation

The two groups also announced an equity exchange that will give the Renault-Nissan Alliance a 3.1 percent stake in Daimler and Daimler a 3.1% in Renault and a 3.1% stake in Nissan.

Current Bikes
KTM 790 R Rally
KTM 990
Harley Davidson Deuce
Aprilia Moto 65

Online Bensien

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2020, 06:09:21 pm »
https://www.reliableplant.com/Read/23859/Renault-Nissan-Daimler-cooperation

The two groups also announced an equity exchange that will give the Renault-Nissan Alliance a 3.1 percent stake in Daimler and Daimler a 3.1% in Renault and a 3.1% stake in Nissan.

I stand corrected, but the equity exchange was symbolic.Unlike the Nissan/Renault alliance, neither company has any influence on the other at board level or has to account to the other for any decisions that do not affect the joint venture projects.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2020, 09:12:46 am »
Toyota own shares in Yamaha and vice versa. So they share some developments and costs.

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

The shares are minimal.  Something like 3%.  They, like so many other companies in the world, share development, etc. because it makes financial sense.  In many cases, there is no ownership "marriage" between the companies at all.  They just agree to sell / buy an engine or gearbox, or whatever makes sense for a specific model as it makes more financial sense.  There are some interesting examples of this.

- Borg Warner gearboxes in Mahindra 4x4s
- Mercedes engines in some Aston Martins
- Mazda BT50 used to be a Ford, now an Isuzu.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:16:09 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!