Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: XTZFegen down  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Ri

Re: XTZFegen down
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 10:32:23 pm »
Great relief that you walked away from that, it is unbelievable! :o

Your insurance will sort you out. That's what insurance is for. You'll be responsible for any excess, but they'll cover the rest. Hope the excess is not too bad.

Since you're injured, you should also be able to claim from the Road Accident Fund, although how long that will take is anybody's guess. And don't let an ambulance chaser fool you into letting them handle the RAF claim for you.

All the best with fixing your body and your bike. Take it easy.

The following users thanked this post: XTZFegen

Offline XTZFegen

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Audere Est Facere
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 09:55:10 am »
Lower circle is where my right leg would have been I'd I didnt somehow manage to move it. Second circle is where my shoulder slammed into the car.

2nd pic is where the  rest of the impact took place.

I ended up on the other side of the road after been thrown off the bike.

In the accident report he filed he said I jumped the red light...lying Ahole.
Oh when the Spurs, go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh Lord I want to be in that number, oh when the Spurs go marching in.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline Andre E

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • McDonalds Accommodation, Queenstown
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 10:06:34 am »
Jeez dude, J'burg scares me. Heal well.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Don't be kak, be lekker.
What is this life, if full of care,
we have no time to stand and stare.

Online ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 10:44:22 am »
Mitch - report you version to the police, give your witnesses names & contact details as well, get the case number, call your insurance and report it. They may ask you to give a drawing of the indecent, but thats about it. They will then tell you where to take the bike for a check & quote, that gets submitted, you pay your excess (ask your insurance to claim from him, they will sue him for the excess) - if they recover the excess from the other party, they will refund you - procedure is pretty straightforward.

Heal quick, glad you OK!

Steve
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2020, 10:56:56 am »
Hey, I've got one of the bakkies. Nice to see they can take a beating and still drive.

I reckon he's lucky you weren't on a KTM or that thing woulda been destroyed. But then, if you'd been on a KTM he wouldn't have been quick enough to get you  >:D
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2020, 11:24:24 am »
Glad you could walk away from the accident XTZ, thumbs up for reacting fast!! :thumleft: :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 11:44:21 am »
So scary when we get reminded of what can easily happen to any of us. Hope your pain is short lived and temporary Mitch, and that your bike damage gets sorted out eventually in a just manner. You don't deserve the loss!
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

"They" say I confuse wanting to stay young with wanting things to stay as they were when I was young.

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 12:28:05 pm »
XTZFegen, sorry to hear about your accident. These people who don't give a fuck about killing or maiming innocent people and then lying about it just to make sure you know they don't care whether they hurt or kill you, make one's blood boil.

Went through a similar drama when a driver skipped a red light and hit my son (like you he had quick reflexes which allowed him to somersault over the car, only bruises and abrasions). Most important lesson was: get affidavits from the witnesses ASAP. With that your insurance will fuck up the other party.

Offline Dorsland

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 12:37:40 pm »
Look, I love riding a bike but there is no way in hell I would risk my life to ride in traffic every day.  The driving ability and disregard for the law these days makes it a life threatening activity for you guys.

Glad you could walk away from that XTZFegen.  Hope that lying bastid gets his comeuppance in the not too distant future. 
'Tis the time’s plague, when madmen lead the blind.

King Lear

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 01:07:48 pm »
Mitch - report you version to the police, give your witnesses names & contact details as well, get the case number, call your insurance and report it. They may ask you to give a drawing of the indecent, but thats about it. They will then tell you where to take the bike for a check & quote, that gets submitted, you pay your excess (ask your insurance to claim from him, they will sue him for the excess) - if they recover the excess from the other party, they will refund you - procedure is pretty straightforward.

Heal quick, glad you OK!

Steve

Thanks for the advise Steve. Appreciate that.
Oh when the Spurs, go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh Lord I want to be in that number, oh when the Spurs go marching in.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2020, 01:11:15 pm »
XTZFegen, sorry to hear about your accident. These people who don't give a fuck about killing or maiming innocent people and then lying about it just to make sure you know they don't care whether they hurt or kill you, make one's blood boil.

Went through a similar drama when a driver skipped a red light and hit my son (like you he had quick reflexes which allowed him to somersault over the car, only bruises and abrasions). Most important lesson was: get affidavits from the witnesses ASAP. With that your insurance will fuck up the other party.

That's part of the problem hey. Guys skipping red lights and driving like they want. It's actually scary and I did get a fright especially with the leg part. That's what kept me up last night, I still dont know how I reacted so fast to move my leg.

The leg part is what is still bugging me...but then again it is what it is.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline DSRider.SA

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 01:12:44 pm »
Seeing that there was a witness, has the other party been charged with skipping the robot ? He can't walk away with no repercussions

Metro was there. For 5 minutes. Said I must go to the Germiston police station and they left. Did fuck all...

Can I lay a charge against him for running the red light?

Clearly they had more urgent matters to attend to, someone breaking lockdown regulations most likely.

Offline Ventana

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • De Colores!!
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 08:33:20 am »
Glad to hear you're ok and on the road to recovery  :thumleft:

I've been out on the bicycle most mornings since we moved to level 4 and I'm astonished at the number of cars going through red lights early in the morning (between 6am and 9am) - it's as if the motorists have gone bossies and just decided that stopping at a red robot is optional......be careful out there guys, whether we are right or wrong 2-wheels means we've got a greater chance of losing the fight.....
"Never look down on anyone, unless you're helping them up"

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2020, 08:50:27 am »
Glad you’re ok that could’ve turned out a lot different
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Tr0jan

• Centurion(Werk) - Zeerust(Plaas)
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Kom grondpad, kom!
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2020, 09:53:53 am »
Mitch, glad you are okay. It's not your time yet man!
KTM 990 - Wiff twee pype and loud A-F!

I'm not a hooligan, my throttle grip got stuck! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#33 BRAD BINDER, jou yster!

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2020, 10:14:31 am »

Since you're injured, you should also be able to claim from the Road Accident Fund, although how long that will take is anybody's guess. And don't let an ambulance chaser fool you into letting them handle the RAF claim for you.

As somebody who's gone through the whole RAF show, basically unless you lose a Limb or are partially paralysed you won't just get a pay out.  My case went all the way to 5 minutes before the actual court case, before a settlement offer was made. And that was after rounds of investigations by doctors appointed by the RAF and then by my lawyers, over about 2 years leading up to that point.

If you're just banged up, you won't get anything.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2020, 06:00:42 am »
So glad you are okay! Imagine being in hospital during this crazy time...

You can get a new bike, not great but hey, wayyyy better than mending a crushed leg/pelvis, who knows what else...
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2020, 11:13:04 am »
So glad you are okay! Imagine being in hospital during this crazy time...

You can get a new bike, not great but hey, wayyyy better than mending a crushed leg/pelvis, who knows what else...

Very true.
Not sure if when I'll be back on a bike. Not anytime soon. I'm so careful when I ride and then you get a clown like this. I'm still trying to work out how I didn't him, anyway. If I get my bike back I think I'll be parking her up for awhile. Will see later what I decide to do.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2020, 11:13:46 am »
Thank you to everyone for all the kind messages and advise. Its really appreciated.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2020, 04:13:29 pm »
It takes a bit of time but the itch will need to be scratched again ............. mind you, I haven't been on a bike for months now.

A mate of mine, who also rides bikes, had a fall a few weeks back and some bones fell out of his leg. He's not happy at all, crutching round the house, wacking the dog.

Fell off a roof but says he can't wait to get back to work.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!