Be careful out there and shout out to CABS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dux

Bachelor Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Firstly , CABS , I have been using them for bike transport for a few years already and they have always given great service , use them with confidence .
The careful bit , I get a phonecall this afternoon from a new client with what sounds like a flat battery , probably a charging system issue so I ask him to bring the bike in . He is stuck in CT central with dead bike so I arrange for CABS to collect and deliver , CABS in turn contact him for location .
A short while later client phones me , bike seems ok he is going to ride it to the workshop , and he has already called CABS to cancel .
Anyway , a bit later the CABS bakkie arrives with the bike , and client . The bike stopped working on the N1 just past the R27 offramp , client calls CABS to arrange collection and he sits down to wait . Next thing he is robbed at knifepoint of his bag with laptop and both phones , thankfully not his wallet . This is almost peak hour traffic , he is standing with both arms in the air , a knife at his throat , and not a single motorist noticed or bothered to stop .
CABS arrived a few minutes later , consoled client , brought his bike to me and then dropped client at his house . No extra charge .
So if you do break down be damn careful , the scumbags are everywhere .
And of course a special shout out to CABS 👍👍👍