Triumph Tiger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Administrator
Reaction score
OK...so I was sitting thinking about the Sani pass trip and the forum get-together at the end of the year, which I can't attend, but the distance that would need to be covered to get there was the inspiring factor.

The KLE is REALLY not great when it comes to highway cruising, especially when there's a bit of luggage on the back. And, as I take it from shark_za, the KLR isn't much better, if at all.

Then, considering my EXTREME bias against anything that's not green or a pom, I got to thinking that, surely, the Triumph Tiger couldn't be that bad? I understand it's heavy, and doesn't have huge ground clearance, but wouldn't it be in pretty much the same league as a 1200 GS?

I've also found a plethora of accessories for it from Touratech and www.thunderbikes.co.nz among others.

What I'd like to ask the hivemind of the forum, is whether anyone has had any experience with the Tiger, and if so, what the consensus is.

Shot!