Leka ride after lockdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRK Miller

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So Monica, Rikus and myself, were presented with the opportunity to go and ride. A friend of mine had passed away recently, due to cancer and his place was standing empty, after the bitch that rented their eventually moved out, after a big fight. Not after she had done some good damage, to the place. We were asked by the spouse, to go and investigate, since they had moved down to George. So early Saturday morning we headed out taking on the cold. We packed some snacks, biltong, coffe, sugar in a glass bottle(watch the space) and milk( the longlife milk in the box( again watch the space. The trusty old gasstove, and little red kettle with the coffey and sugar was tied to my bike, with the bass fishing bag, and the bass rod in my backpack, This all after i removed my amo case to reduce weight. The water obviously in the camel packs.
We did have a route plotted, but was not sure, as bace camp had some problems plotting through certain section. First was the fuel, and we filled up all the bikes

The first section past Aston lake, then through Rietkol over the high way. After that was tar, but it is better riding on the gravel on the side of the road, I was riding in front, as i had the gps. Eventually the tar became gravel, and i stopped as i could not see Monica and Rikus. The coms did not work, as their was no line of site. I switched of the bike and listened, and listened. This is when i noticed my bag with the coffee, sugar, stove and kettle was missing. I figured it must have come loose and fallen of and the other two was in the process of collecting it.
I figured right, and pretty soon heard the rumble of Rikus's klr approaching. Those that have heard it knows. It pretty loud.
Monica however makes the first appearance, followed by Rikus

They stop and briefly describe the carnage they found.

Rikus gave me a short lesson in tying stuff down

The sugar with the bottle was broken thus no sugar with coffee, The kettle was still ok, and the gas stove, But the two pots of the gas stove was pretty busted, but could be repaired, for which i was very grate full. Lots of memories in that little stove. The little cool bag, courtesy of blood donating zip was totally bust, so Monica and Rikus divided everything between them
Lucky the coffee sachets had some sugar in, so it would be ok. We decided to first do some gravel the take a coffee break
The next piece of road was very interesting to the end with deep ruts in the road and lots and lots of dust. Rikus was in front at times, and a few times i almost landed in a donga, just seeing it in time through the powder dust thrown up by Rikus. Poor Monica was right at the back, and got all the dust as seen by the picture, as we stopped at the T- junction, this time for the supposed coffee

Her two pet bumble bees were also choked by the dust, but are always ready to fly off

She named her bike Bumblebee, not the transformer bumble bee but after the actual bumble bee's. So i got her these to plus the little antennas on her helmet. Even her back pack sports a dark grey and yellow.
Anyway enough of that.
Rikus gives us a brief discription of where he almost did not make it

We open her topbox that i fixed to the bike via a very fancy bracket i made up if i have to say so myself.

What do we find. From all the shaking the milk carton went open, so the topbox and everything in it was floating in milk.

But the cachets have powder milk so still good. And we have biltong with milk, cheese slices with milk, biscuits with milk. You get the idea. But the toilet paper is 80% soaked, and we use the last 20 % to dry out the topbox as much as we can, then dig a hole and bury the milk soaked toilet role. So no shit stops from here on out, or you will have to use grass or your finger. We start taking out the kettle,and the little stove, then Rikus raises the magic Question. Where are we going to get water for the coffee. This is where we realize that our water filled camel packs are still hanging on the hooks at home. We all have a good laugh and reckon we were so excited about this ride, we did not prepare well at all. But what the heck, this is not such a long ride, and we riding

Attachments

• Groen draai van videos af (1).jpg
    Groen draai van videos af (1).jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 09120009_Moment.jpg
    09120009_Moment.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 226
  • 09120009_Moment(2).jpg
    09120009_Moment(2).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Groen draai van videos af (4).jpg
    Groen draai van videos af (4).jpg