Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: FREEDOM LOST or NOT  (Read 477 times)

Offline NEON DEON

FREEDOM LOST or NOT
« on: June 17, 2020, 01:24:53 pm »
FB has many posts of riders doing just that going for a ride , did so two weeks ago and have to admit that there were many bikers out , going for a ride , But Gauteng is not that big and one is not permitted to cross provincial borders ,We rode out to Magalies and wanted to detour to Hunters rest hotel and back past Bufflespoort , But there is a roadblock on the Magalies - Rustenburg road , so U turn and back home the boring way, So though we ride we have very little freedon as to where to ride to.
I am planning and hoping to be able to go for a ride down to Ramsgate in September over the long weekend , but before that there is another long weekend in August and hope to be able to squeeze nin a trippy to somewhere over some provincial border .
How do you feel about not being able to ride to where you want to ?

Offline Blikkies1

Re: FREEDOM LOST or NOT
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »
Find alternate routes bud, all main entry points to Ceres were illegally blocked over the weekend but snow was seen and ridden nonetheless, the road less travelled is kinda why we ride adventure bikes.
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 01:40:29 pm »
Find alternate routes bud, all main entry points to Ceres were illegally blocked over the weekend but snow was seen and ridden nonetheless, the road less travelled is kinda why we ride adventure bikes.

They were?? my girlfriend went off with mates to look for snow and did'nt come across any roadblocks from CT, they crisscrossed through Ceres, Op die Berg to Citrusdal. Unless they were just up early in the morning  ???
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 01:46:04 pm »

They were?? my girlfriend went off with mates to look for snow and did'nt come across any roadblocks from CT, they crisscrossed through Ceres, Op die Berg to Citrusdal. Unless they were just up early in the morning  ???

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=248498.0;topicseen 

"At Op-Die-Berg, we hit a road block. Thankfully, we never planned to ride straight on to Ceres. The cops were happy to wave us through once they saw we were heading elsewhere."

NC700 F800GS

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 01:50:05 pm »
Yebo, we it a roadblock somewhere near Dwarsrivier at about 9am on Saturday,  check the Matroosberg FB page, pretty cool how okes were dodging the rozzers to get to the snow.
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

Offline the ruffian

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 06:05:00 pm »
I like that phrase, “dodging the dozers”.

Did a trip last week crisscrossing The Tsitsikamma, Kouga, Baviaans, and Camdebo Mountains ... dodging rozzers in 4 places and exulting in the sweetness of freedom stolen back.... and despite polar frontal conditions which threw 40 knot headwinds, rain, sleet and snow, and windless frigid post frontal air on the last leg home.

All social distancing protocols observed 🤓

Life’s now too short to be compliant with one’s own shrinking by this or any other state...