Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Oil Leak on Husky 610  (Read 1326 times)

Offline SvR

Re: Oil Leak on Husky 610
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2020, 01:29:32 pm »
So why stick your ear in.
The original question was regarding the leak.
The last few times I tried to contact the buyer no response and on Cafe Husky there was no help.

Why only ask ME why I'm "sticking my ear in".........?? ::)

Dont know you mate, and I do the other's and I value their opinions. They can stick their ears or oars in anytime.
Make sense?

Online petri oosthuizen

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2020, 03:39:16 pm »
I think OP is absolutely correct, I shouldnt have posted in here at all.

So........Apologies, Good Luck, and Cheers.

Just in case you missed it. ;)

And truly sorry about your hassles, hope you sort it out.
XT 600 Tenere

Offline SvR

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2020, 04:15:18 pm »
Thanks.
I did miss that so my apologies to you.
It will be with Runner Monday, rode 10 Kay's now and I see there are oil spots on the rear tire now as well.
I may have to source a trailer over the week end if possible

Offline SvR

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 10:35:00 am »
Nothing wrong with the 610Te bikes. I have never had any serious issues with any of mine.
oil dripping from the sump plate can only be a few minor things.

1. Tappet cover gasket may have a slight leak and seep down into the bash plate.
2. Oil breather pipe from frame to air box has come off and also running into bash plate.
3. Main sprocket shaft seal drive seal has to be replaced and O ring behind collar on it. aftermarket parts are fully available and cost maybe R50 usually shows when bike is on side stand.
4. Chain lube sprayed or oil put on the outside of chain and blows into bash plate and motor when riding. Quite often the easiest to solve. Lubricate chain on inside and not outside  :biggrin:
5. Could also be a sump plug that may not be tight or oil messed when changing oil filter or filling oil change.
Just what i think.
Bike is with Runner now.
Oil all.over the engine. I rode it roughly 50 kays to get it to Runner.
Now here is the thing.
Halfway there the headlight, indicator and neutral lights all came on. No digital display. At all.
Stopped. Turned bike off and on.
Now no lights on the display. Nada. Bike still ran.
At Runners shop we checked and no headlights, nor indicators function.
May be a fuse. They will check.
Maybe I should change the thread name to ongoing issues

Offline Piglettw200

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 12:47:51 pm »
Too many issues so I do not  think you just had  bad luck  ... Things do go wrong but not so many problems after the time you have owned it ..(4 weeks ). The Seller sold you a Lemon and he knows this ... No one will be able to convince me that they would be happy and just accept this  situation .... In these  times we live in today with so much shit going on its just not the way to do things .........But i know some oukes have no skaam .........

If you have the receipts for fixing the bike .. post them .  The paperwork wont lie .....

Piglett

Offline SvR

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2020, 02:03:30 pm »
I'm to nervous to even contemplate a long distance trip currently, or even a blast around the canals.

Offline Piglettw200

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2020, 06:58:39 am »
Small Claims court  ?

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2020, 07:49:12 am »
Get real, you can't buy a bike, especially an DS bike, which is over 10 years old, and expect no problems.
I'm sure you bought the bike voetstoets so the seller has no responsibility.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 07:51:57 am by Rough Rider »
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

The following users thanked this post: BiG DoM

Offline Renrew

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2020, 08:03:17 am »
SVR - You should do now what was supposed to happen when you got it.

Ask the seller which heíd prefer: to refund you in full or stand accountable for all bills past and future in getting the bike in the condition you were expecting it to be at that price. The price you paid is very high, although theyíre good bikes, people arenít exactly queuing to get previous gen Husqys. And at that price itís expected to be MINT/spotless.

This is just going to cause you lotís of frustration going ahead.

Talk to him, explain the problem - If he doesnít want to be reasonable, ask everyone that has worked on the bike to write a report about everything wrong with the bike, the likelihood that these issues were known to the previous owner and costs that would be incurred to get the bike 100%.

Then add in all your petrol to get the bike around.

Write a letter of demand with the opinions attached and ask for your money back or refund of costs incurred and future repair costs. Selling anything and portraying it to be something it isnít is a big no-no under the law. All about reasonable expectations and naivety on the problems by the PO is also not an excuse (if thatís the case).

Quite easy to get a judgement against the PO if needed and judgements against your name comes with loads of drama associated with it.

I donít know the POís version of events, but looking purely at what you paid, the drama experienced and how soon this all happened, red flags.

Pull the plug and nip this in the bud. I would have been furious having overpaid for something and experienced all these hassles - Probably best to just get your money back, could become a black hole with money already spent and likely future costs as well as confidence lost in the bike.

PS - SCC is only up to R20k.

You can take him to SCC for covering the repairs. Very easy process, done it a bunch of times myself and had great success.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 950R Super Enduro_0km ;)
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Renrew

• Race Dog
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2020, 08:15:21 am »
Get real, you can't buy a bike, especially an DS bike, which is over 10 years old, and expect no problems.
Some flawed logic there:

Assume a bike will give substantial and immediate problems because itís 10 years old and therefore if what he got didnít match what was reasonably expected as a function of what he and the seller discussed, as well as the price paid, then one can simply fall back on ďitís old, what did you expect?Ē

Sorry but thatís something a seller would say if he sold a dud. Age is irrelevant here.

Voetstoets isnít worth the calories expended in saying or typing it under the law.

KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2020, 08:24:33 am »
Some flawed logic there:

Assume a bike will give substantial and immediate problems because itís 10 years old and therefore if what he got didnít match what was reasonably expected as a function of what he and the seller discussed, as well as the price paid, then one can simply fall back on ďitís old, what did you expect?Ē

Sorry but thatís something a seller would say if he sold a dud. Age is irrelevant here.

Voetstoets isnít worth the calories expended in saying or typing it under the law.

It might seem flawed to you but it works for me; I never buy old stuff with high mileage, especially not for a premium price.
I owned a 610 for many years and know all their strong and weak points, and anybody who tells you they do not need constant work is bullshitting you.

Offline Renrew

• Race Dog
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2020, 08:31:47 am »
Some flawed logic there:

It might seem flawed to you but it works for me; I never buy old stuff with high mileage, especially not for a premium price.
I owned a 610 for many years and know all their strong and weak points, and anybody who tells you they do not need constant work is bullshitting you.
I totally agree with you from a personal buying strategy perspective.

I feel exactly the same ito buying old stuff with high mileage at higher-than-average prices, which I would never do - but unfortunately logically and legally the age isnít a recourse that can be assumed in this matter.

We are in agreement then ;)

KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline SvR

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2020, 10:14:19 am »
Send me a phone number and I'll whatssup you the original message received from the seller.
He punted the bike beyond.
Yes it was voersroots but in all the bikes I have bought second hand this has given more problems, in a short period of time of all then all the others combined.
Do dogs do to others.
Then this forum is a joke

Offline Renrew

• Race Dog
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2020, 10:49:14 am »
Send me a phone number and I'll whatssup you the original message received from the seller.
He punted the bike beyond.
Yes it was voersroots but in all the bikes I have bought second hand this has given more problems, in a short period of time of all then all the others combined.
Do dogs do to others.
Then this forum is a joke
Then you have an even better case.

Ask him nicely to choose between refunding you including costs or to fund all previous and future repairs during this exercise which will entail, given your experience thus far, doing a full investigation of the bike including engine.

Then if he canít act reasonably, send him a letter of demand with your demand, facts and specifics where YOU choose which option you want as you gave him the chance to pick. Itís worth it purely out of principle, behaviour like this cannot go unchecked. In situations like these I make it my goal to see to it that justice is served because it just is not ok.

There are always two sides to a story and we havenít heard his side - but if you truly are being 100% honest - Call him out and proceed with the letter, you can write it yourself.

He can provide his side, or not. Even if he talks nonsense, the truth would be clear to most if presented with the facts.

If he doesnít comply with your request, you can have your case filed in the relevant court and get your day in court if it gets to that.

If what youíre saying is completely true, he knows heís in trouble and is probably just waiting it out to see if youíre bluffing. Should you take him to court heíll have to pay more than the potential refund/costs covering, at which time heíll give in right before having to go to court.

Like I said, voetstoots under the worst possible conditions for a buyer means almost nothing to the seller. Even if the word voetstoots is included in a sale agreement signed by both parties, still means little.

But your decision ultimately. Who was the seller?

KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline SvR

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2020, 11:09:12 am »
Some flawed logic there:

26,000 km is high milage for a bike?
Again send me a number and I'll whattsapp you his initial message to me and to decide.
Feel. so n strognly only about the te bikes make me an offer. :0
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:17:44 pm by SvR »

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 11:32:53 am »
i was looking for a single cylinder thumper and i looked at the 610

i googled and found some threads on advrider etc - where the guys documented in detail the issues they had on their 610

the list of issues they had were extensive - maintenance is on the extreme side for motorcycles

i think the only bikes more maintenance heavy are pure dirt bikes that you service on the hours

https://advrider.com/f/threads/husqvarna-te610-design-issues-fixed-60-000-miles.1216801/

sure some husky fan will now tell me that i'm smoking my socks, he has personally done 1 million miles and only every changed the oil and topped up the petrol every 3rd month

any bike can do high mileage if you maintain it properly

good luck getting your bike sorted out

Offline Renrew

• Race Dog
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2020, 11:45:22 am »
Some flawed logic there:

26,000 km is high milag3 for a bike?
Again send me a number and I'll.whattsapp youbhis initial message to me and to decide.
Feel.sonsteonly aboutbthe se bikes make me an offer.
I feel bad for you which is why Iím giving you advice. But my advice is as far as I want to involve myself in this dispute, once phone numbers are given with messages forwarded my involvement goes a bit too far for my taste.

Whatever you do, donít sell the bike to someone now. The difference in price paid and price what someone would be willing to pay now vs the cost of repair would likely be far apart, so it would be cheaper to fix it and sell it than just selling it ďbrokenĒ. A buyer always puts a premium on having to fix something than buying it fixed.

If this is the route you want to go, you might just want to keep it after fixing it.

Good luck.

PS - Just because someone belongs to some forum doesnít mean theyíre honest. Assume everyone to be dishonest and everyone will be happy. Donít give the benefit of the doubt where money is concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2020, 01:02:41 pm »
Some flawed logic there:

26,000 km is high milag3 for a bike?
Again send me a number and I'll.whattsapp youbhis initial message to me and to decide.
Feel.sonsteonly aboutbthe se bikes make me an offer.

I sent you my number.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:05:19 pm by Rough Rider »

Offline BuRP

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 01:13:58 pm »

I'm with you here, call me odd.
If you buy a bike you go over it properly, and when you're satisfied you buy it.
If once home you find something you didn't see or notice that then becomes your problem!
If you don't like that then buy new, you'll get a warranty with such, UNlike when buying used...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:16:25 pm by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline SvR

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2020, 01:30:23 pm »

I'm with you here, call me odd.
If you buy a bike you go over it properly, and when you're satisfied you buy it.
If once home you find something you didn't see or notice that then becomes your problem!
If you don't like that then buy new, you'll get a warranty with such, UNlike when buying used...

The sale was concluded during lock down. The seller in a different Province. In fact he contacted me after seeing my interest in in it upped the price.

I have bought a few bikes unseen on the forum.
I may not have a post count in the thousands, but have been around a little while. NONE of those bikes have had issues. You are welcome to contact Physco Porra re the bike he got so I could buy this. I sent tha to Runner, who went over it to ensure NOTHING was wrong....at my expense.

I earn a very poor slary, so unlike you, I cannot and have never been able to buy new. I have to turn over every cent before I can make a decision.

So thanks for you advice.