NIGHT DRIVING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
On my 1190 I have a orange headlight protector , like the look but after dark its just about useless , even the bright does little to improve the situation , Yes I can  take it off , but then it has to be stored somewhere and can get damaged. So plan B is to replace the orange cover with a clear one , mite loose a bit of coolness but gane usefulness. I placed a order for a KTM  powerparts cover , Little more expensive than the HYDE products cover , but to me it just looks better , and there is a small option to add the orange cover onto the powerparts one for looks .
I had a cover on my GSXR headlight , due to not riding with anybody anymore ,I removed the cover , ( was chipped ) and my headlight has been sand blasted badly, admit that removing the cover was a HUGE mistake , wont ride my 1190 without a cover .
Then part 2 of the question , has anyone here upgraded the globes in the headlight , ( higher wattage? or better quality? ) not keen to go the led route as there is just to many issues with the can bus system, and possibly cost . I want to be prepared . Most of the time I try to be at my destination way before nightfall , but if a situation arrives beyond control I want to be prepared and not be concerned that I can see where I am going . I have a set of spotties fitted but they seem to be not that great . From the front it makes me very visible , but from the riders side it does a poor job, mite have to upgrade them as well . For the record I dont drive with the spots on 24-7 . as I am under the impression that they are draining my battery a bit , but I think that I WRONG , My hard start in the morning could be due to the fact that I have to low a cca battery fitted , going to upgrade to a 230 cca battery before we go on our next trip.
Back to the headlight globes, I could not find what wattage they are std , but the spec says its a H11 globe fitted both dim & bright , seems they both the same wattage , maybe one can go up a bit , or fit a night breaker , or something similar .
Unless there is a owner here that has done a budget led upgrade that has beed sucsesfull and did not brake the bank  :laughing4:. Please share