Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: plastic bikes in Bottelary Hills Concervancy Mooi plaas farm Kuilsriver  (Read 1332 times)

Offline XT JOE

Mate of mine that help maintain the cyclist track inside this conservancy says their little track is being destroyed by some hooligans sneaking through on their dirt bikes and ripping it up and making a lots of noise. Same thing happened about three years back and they were ready to set traps to injure these riders and it was called off after some mooi praat. We all know riding areas are getting smaller but yeah thats life - make a plan. Please if anyone recognizes anyone of these two ask them to move off elsewhere please or if we can trace them trough the race numbers maybe.
Thanks
[
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline Vulcan

It looks like the same dickheads that ripped up newly constructed pedestrian footpaths in the new Stikland Industria development area next to the R300. I asked them to be considerate but they were very agro.
Karma always wins.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can

Offline Dux

Perhaps their race numbers can be used to trace them
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Are we turning on our own now??

Offline VaalBaas

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
Pak jou lepel terug in die laai...

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

2006 Hp2 # 882 #1555 #1784 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C - 2020 RnineT Pure
2012 TW200
My eertse foutjie KTM RC8 en toe nog n 525 ook
Project Bikes - 2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE - 2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE - TW200
As ek nie gister gedoen wat ek gedoen het nie, het ek nie vandag geweet wat ek weet(en ek weet nog steeds nie wat ek doen)

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
Dis omdat die bicycle ouens 4 langs mekaar oor Chapmans ry dat die laaities hul baan gaan opspin.

Offline Crankshaft

Perhaps their race numbers can be used to trace them

Dux on the down side, those are not race numbers.  A race number will have a "C, J or W" on the front and then followed by the number.  Then you might be able to trace them.  Those are just normal numbers.
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC
KTM 1290 Sup Adv R
WR450F
Current: R1250GSA

Offline Crankshaft

Mate of mine that help maintain the cyclist track inside this conservancy says their little track is being destroyed by some hooligans sneaking through on their dirt bikes and ripping it up and making a lots of noise. Same thing happened about three years back and they were ready to set traps to injure these riders and it was called off after some mooi praat. We all know riding areas are getting smaller but yeah thats life - make a plan. Please if anyone recognizes anyone of these two ask them to move off elsewhere please or if we can trace them trough the race numbers maybe.
Thanks
[

AX J, these are weekend warriors that fucks it up for all of us... No proper kit, no gloves etc.  Please share these pics on "Western cape enduro/mx funrides" FB pages.  I bet you that someone will know these chops >:( >:(
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC
KTM 1290 Sup Adv R
WR450F

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
Yes, please try and trace them, and end the fun of youngsters just looking desperately for some riding place in a seriously shrinking motorcycling world.

The following users thanked this post: katana

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure

The Bottlary Hills Concervancy has lots of kilometers of of single track mountain bike trails - painstakingly built by hand with berms etc. ie. not a motocross track

Offline Vulcan

The Bottlary Hills Concervancy has lots of kilometers of of single track mountain bike trails - painstakingly built by hand with berms etc. ie. not a motocross track

And you have to pay permit fees to ride there with your MTB.

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
It looks like the same dickheads that ripped up newly constructed pedestrian footpaths in the new Stikland Industria development area next to the R300. I asked them to be considerate but they were very agro.
Karma always wins.

As hulle 2 of meer is, dan ja, dan is hulle baie agro...
Net soos die fietsryers......
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline Operator

• Grey hound
Mooiplaas is a family owned farm and they have a proud tradition going there.  Big section of the farm was declared a nature reserve
many years ago as a lot of very delicate fynbos is growing there. The Roos family is trying their utmost to preserve it and keep it intact
for future generations ;)

A few kilomters down the road the Bonthuys family is running Welgelegen 4x4 track where these youngsters can go and play
(and pay a fee).  Used to be a very popular address for funduro's in the past.
As I'm not staying close anymore, not sure what is going on there currently

Offline Crankshaft

Mooiplaas is a family owned farm and they have a proud tradition going there.  Big section of the farm was declared a nature reserve
many years ago as a lot of very delicate fynbos is growing there. The Roos family is trying their utmost to preserve it and keep it intact
for future generations ;)

A few kilomters down the road the Bonthuys family is running Welgelegen 4x4 track where these youngsters can go and play
(and pay a fee).  Used to be a very popular address for funduro's in the past.
As I'm not staying close anymore, not sure what is going on there currently

Bonthuys is only available for events only. 
KTM 1290 Sup Adv R
WR450F

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
I suppose what the world needs more than an upsurge of young bike riders, are young people that have respect for property that do not belong to them :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

The following users thanked this post: Sabre

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
I suppose what the world needs more than an upsurge of young bike riders, are young people that have respect for property that do not belong to them :peepwall:

We are being pushed out by yuppies on bicycles more expensive than our bikes. :biggrin:

Offline Vulcan

We are being pushed out by yuppies on bicycles more expensive than our bikes. :biggrin:

Het jy toe die mountain bike gekry wat jy gesoek het so paar maande terug? Waar ry jy met hom?  :biggrin:
Ek sit hierdie ouens in dieselfde klas as illegal drag racers.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond

Het jy toe die mountain bike gekry wat jy gesoek het so paar maande terug? Waar ry jy met hom?  :biggrin:
Ek sit hierdie ouens in dieselfde klas as illegal drag racers.

Nee, nog steeds bikeloos. Kan nie oor daardie obstacle kom om soveel vir n fiets te betaal nie.

Ek het in die wingerde, op plase, sonder toestemming, op motorfietse grootgeword. Ek het simpatie met jong ryers wat gekriminaliseer word vir hul lus om te ry.

Offline Odd Dog

It's cnuts like this that have ruined it for dirt bikers, there are plenty other options open to them. One would be to join the enduro based facebook groups or join a club and go race.
Dan, like everything else the world has moved on since we were youngsters with wide open spaces and the ability to ride where ever you wanted to.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline Vulcan

Dan, like everything else the world has moved on since we were youngsters with wide open spaces and the ability to ride where ever you wanted to.

Unfortunately this is very true.