Blazes`s Bushveld Brigade ,Bags Breakfast before back country blast.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillystunt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
So blaze`s [the teacher]  set up another great social ride.
All and sundry pitched up so its safe to assume two things, the man is very well liked and plans great rides .
this is how my day went.
As i am nursing a few injuries i decided to go along on blazes social outing, after all , it was according to him,going to be an easy going ride that will also include a ride along a lot of game farms, so game viewing will be plentiful.
6am the stoep-kakerjie tripped the house alarm, i got up so fast that the blood hadnt even reached my legs and i fell back onto the bed, silly b hopped with her broken foot to the control panel, her eyes still shut she fumbled with the pad untill it shut up.
The blood was circulating in my body now and my cracked ribs were complaining, pain in my hip was flaring up and ADT was calling us on both cell phones, sonny -ray who started it all was yapping incessantly at the two terrified cats,it was absolute chaos and i was still naked.
I needed some pills !!
in between coffee, getting dressed, a bowl of crispies and what looked like a single raisin, i took a few pills, the label on the pain tablets stated clearly that i shouldnt operate heavy machinery, the dakar isnt that heavy is it !!!!
Remembering that i had taken pills i set the gps for cullinan ,pulled on my helmet, tried to kiss sillyb, almost took her eye out and headed off.
As i hit the highway i twisted the throttle and glanced in the rear view mirror, cheese and rice, i couldnt believe it, i had only been on the highway for two hundred metres and already a ktm was trying to dice me ! i had seen the flash of orange from the corner of my eye, i turned the throttle all the way. The wind blast was getting ridiculous,the speedo was way past the right side of the counter and the gps was speaking in tongues !
The orange flash was still there ! sheet, it must be a 990 or super duke ! i took my eyes off the road and turned my head around,.........nothing, no one there.
i glanced at the mirror again, there it was, no it wasnt, there it was !
i slowed right down to 130, staring into the mirror now as the vibrating mass had slowed enough to enable proper visual conformation, faaark !!, it was the orange  GS challenge badge that i had been seeing, the tailor had sewn it onto my sleeve this week !!!
wow those pain pills were strong.
I got to cullinan safe enough, about twenty wilddogs had pitched up and were busy having a heart attack special at one of the eateries. i had a coffee and tried to relax.
we were soon on our way and team leader blazes lead us into the back country at a fare clip,the roads were well graded sand highways and pleasant enough. however,it soon became apparent that dust was going to be a major problem, so the guys who had any sense at all slowed down, needles to say i wasnt with that group!
blazes did stop every now and again to regroup and let everyone chat  as we do.
A very pleasant surprise was to see Dakota riding,it was just 5 weeks back that she broke her collar bone. nice to see that she doesnt let a little bit of pain get in the way of her riding, i am sure that malibu had something to do with her getting "back on the horse"
A small diversion from the dirt highway saw us all make it through a rocky river crossing and onto the next leg of the "tour"
this was through a game farm area that according to blazes we were to see game in abundance.
After what seemed like forever on the dirt highway i came across my first living mammal, it was running by the side of the road, i believe its latin name to be " maximuss sweatymus" or simply put "a jogger".
i left him covered in a fine showering of dirt road, so did 19 other riders.
at the next rest point i was told that we passed a herd of zebra, i still maintain it was a white picket fence that had some parts burnt !
This is where i think that blazes phoned ahead and asked the next game farmer to hobble something ! as just after the next corner we came upon a giraffe, it wasnt close to the fence but looked like it was having trouble walking away.
at this point i managed to secure a picture of the very rare  "camo speckled seat wobbler" please see attached photo and confirm i.d. yourself.
we traveled on for many more brilliant kilos, sure it was dusty but everyone was there for there own reasons and we were all having a gas.
it was a little silly to think that there would be a lot of game to photograph [there was plenty game but it was too far to photograph nicely] after all ,would you stand close to the road if you heard li and jules coming down the road ? i mean those pipes could make a bush babies ear bleed at two thousand meters !
after hundreds of kilos we all arrived safely back at cullinan , well almost all, one rider  on a 1150 adventure swapped a small soil sample for his indicator .he left a little early.
As the dusty lot settled down for lunch i decided to return home and a very jealous sillyb, whose foot should be operating the rear brake soon.
On the ride home i often saw the orange menace in the mirror, i laughed into my helmet, i really didnt need a reason to twist the throttle.

DISCLAIMER !!
anything you read may or may not be true, i was on pills !

Blazes, thanks for a well oiled run.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0457.jpg